Fort Wilderness Golf Cart Rental

Peoplemover&Popcorn

Original Poster
I’m staying in a cabin at Fort Wilderness for Christmas (YAY!), went to reserve a golf cart and they are all booked. I put my name on the waiting list but am not feeling confident I’ll get one by check-in on 12/24. Has anyone been on the waitlist and eventually got the opportunity to reserve a golf cart? Any knowledge if new reservations become available to reserve? Just looking for some insight as I’d prefer not use the bus system within the campground. Will try and bring our bikes, but really enjoy scooting around in a golf cart to look at everyone’s Christmas decorations. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Lilofan

I’m staying in a cabin at Fort Wilderness for Christmas (YAY!), went to reserve a golf cart and they are all booked. I put my name on the waiting list but am not feeling confident I’ll get one by check-in on 12/24. Has anyone been on the waitlist and eventually got the opportunity to reserve a golf cart? Any knowledge if new reservations become available to reserve? Just looking for some insight as I’d prefer not use the bus system within the campground. Will try and bring our bikes, but really enjoy scooting around in a golf cart to look at everyone’s Christmas decorations. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
You've got to go around at night and be amazed at many RVs decked out w/ Christmas lights. It is amazing. If you can't rent a golf cart you can always drive your personal vehicle around the RV loops to see the Christmas lights.

Last edited:

RememberWhen

I think there are also outside companies that rent golf carts. I haven’t done that but my understanding is it can be a bit of a pain. They can’t deliver to FW, so getting the cart and returning it can be an ordeal. But maybe that’s better than not having one.

Peoplemover&Popcorn

Original Poster
You've got to go around at night and be amazed at many RVs decked out w/ Christmas lights. It is amazing. If you can't rent a golf cart you can always drive your personal vehicle around the RV loops to see the Christmas lights.
Yes, I went last year. It truly is amazing! Just at a loss with golf carts being sold out this year. Didn’t have a problem last year. Wasn’t sure if reservations will open up even though they are fully booked right now.

Peoplemover&Popcorn

Original Poster
I think there are also outside companies that rent golf carts. I haven’t done that but my understanding is it can be a bit of a pain. They can’t deliver to FW, so getting the cart and returning it can be an ordeal. But maybe that’s better than not having one.
Thanks for the tip. Don’t have a vehicle that would accommodate a golf cart pick up from a third party, but really appreciate the help :)

stratman50th

Thanks for the tip. Don’t have a vehicle that would accommodate a golf cart pick up from a third party, but really appreciate the help :)
I've rented from Disney and it was expensive. Now we just bring our own. That being said some of the rental companies will loan you the pickup and trailer so you can get the cart to your site and you just return their truck. It is a bit of a hassle but worth it and much cheaper than renting from the Mouse. Maybe Uber to meet, bring the cart and then Uber back?
Google Kenny's golf cart rentals. Seems to be rated pretty well.

Last edited:

Peoplemover&Popcorn

Original Poster
I've rented from Disney and it was expensive. Now we just bring our own. That being said some of the rental companies will loan you the pickup and trailer so you can get the cart to your site and you just return their truck. It is a bit of a hassle but worth it and much cheaper than renting from the Mouse. Maybe Uber to meet, bring the cart and then Uber back?
Google Kenny's golf cart rentals. Seems to be rated pretty well.
Thank you for the info. Really appreciate it! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom