Coronado Springs

MissViv

Original Poster
Looking for a short trip (4 nights) with my niece who lives in Tampa. I would be flying in. This is in early February 2022.

Coronado Springs has a Florida resident rate for $778.50 or $942.30 for a Tower Room. Would you pay the extra $163.80 for the Tower?

I've never stayed here but this is the best deal for a FL discount.

dreday3

Looking for a short trip (4 nights) with my niece who lives in Tampa. I would be flying in. This is in early February 2022.

Coronado Springs has a Florida resident rate for $778.50 or $942.30 for a Tower Room. Would you pay the extra $163.80 for the Tower?

I've never stayed here but this is the best deal for a FL discount.

We loved the Tower. Fantastic, beautiful, great service! But resort as a whole - Three Bridges and lounges were fun, good food, but quick service was pretty bad.
Bus service was abysmal. We resorted to Uber for most days.

I would not stay at CSR if not staying in Tower, but that's just me. :)

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
We loved the Tower. Fantastic, beautiful, great service! But resort as a whole - Three Bridges and lounges were fun, good food, but quick service was pretty bad.
Bus service was abysmal. We resorted to Uber for most days.

I would not stay at CSR if not staying in Tower, but that's just me. :)
Agree with most of this, but I'd elevate Three Bridges to "really good, bordering on excellent" and I rented a car so can't comment on the buses.

carriebeth

Really like the tower rooms. I am not a fan of the other Coronado rooms outside the tower. Bus service has always been perfectly fine for us. Quick service was fine. Just your average quick service.

castlecake2.0

Things to consider with the tower:
Pros:
Brand new
Two lounges and a sit down restaurant

Cons
No bathtubs
No separate vanity area from shower
No pool in tower

also would consider how you’re spending your time. If you think you’ll be using the pools a lot I would go with a standard room for quicker and easier access. I also hate relying on elevators all the time. When just my fiancé and I stayed we liked the tower because it was easy access to the lounges and restaurants. When my niece and nephew stayed we got a standard room because we knew they’d prefer the quick walks to pools and recreation.

dreday3

We won't be using the pool or the lounges.

It's a super quick walk to the pool from Tower if you choose to stay there/use pool.

Here are some pics from around the resort! I won't put the room because somehow we got upgraded to a suite, so not a typical room.

destino 2.jpg
destino 3.jpg
moon tower.jpeg
Resized_20211021_195823(1).jpeg
Resized_20211021_204415.jpeg
Resized_20211021_204418.jpeg
Resized_20211025_105437.jpeg
Resized_20211025_105459.jpeg

MissViv

Original Poster
We are supposed to make our decision today. I tried to book yesterday but contrary to what they told me when I called Disney, I cannot make the reservation and get the FL discount. The credit card securing the reservation has to have a FL address associated with it.

LeighM

According to some people, the bathrooms in the tower are not set up the same way as the other rooms around the resort, which makes it more difficult for multiple people to get ready simultaneously. I think it was the sinks being in the same room as the glassed door shower. The regular rooms have the sliding door between the beds and the sinks and then another sliding door between the sinks and toilet/shower. I've stayed at Coronado multiple times pre-pandemic and never had an issue. The room updates are some of the best on property and if you request a room near the first bus stop you'll never have a bus that's full. Last time I stayed there, the Casitas were the first stop but that may have changed.

MissViv

Original Poster
According to some people, the bathrooms in the tower are not set up the same way as the other rooms around the resort, which makes it more difficult for multiple people to get ready simultaneously. I think it was the sinks being in the same room as the glassed door shower. The regular rooms have the sliding door between the beds and the sinks and then another sliding door between the sinks and toilet/shower. I've stayed at Coronado multiple times pre-pandemic and never had an issue. The room updates are some of the best on property and if you request a room near the first bus stop you'll never have a bus that's full. Last time I stayed there, the Casitas were the first stop but that may have changed.
I read about that but that should not be a problem, we will work around it.

Thanks for the info though.

MissViv

Original Poster
I looked at resort availability again this morning and Pop Century was available with the FL discount. I was VERY tempted to change but decided since it was an adult trip, we would like Coronado Springs better. I have not stayed at either resort. We would have saved $81.90 each.

Would have liked to try that skyliner though.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom