News Magic Kingdom 4:30pm close in May 2022 (originally January 25 2022)

orion54

Heads up for anyone in the parks in late January 2022. MK has a VERY early close on January 25.

Anyone know what event is happening that day?

Chapek and Iger giving themselves 50 anniversary gold statues while celebrating the Disney guests and CMs. So only select media get to join and grunt CMs have to work. No guests like the Enchantment opening. 🤪 DME will give you virtual selfie with the statues.

JohnD

Chapek and Iger giving themselves 50 anniversary gold statues while celebrating the Disney guests and CMs. So only select media get to join and grunt CMs have to work. No guests like the Enchantment opening. 🤪 DME will give you virtual selfie with the statues.

Look, I get the dislike for Chapek and Iger but its getting over the top and tedious. You should be glad MK is closing early to celebrate CMs.

orion54

Look, I get the dislike for Chapek and Iger but its getting over the top and tedious. You should be glad MK is closing early to celebrate CMs.
Look yourself, this is my first post about Chapek and Iger so you can get over your Disney defensiveness. Also it was in jest so lighten up Francis.

Celebrating CMs like when they took away their discounts? Celebrating CMs in California by fight a $2 pay increase in Anaheim? Whatever.

JohnD

Look yourself, this is my first post about Chapek and Iger so you can get over your Disney defensiveness. Also it was in jest so lighten up Francis.

Celebrating CMs like when they took away their discounts? Celebrating CMs in California by fight a $2 pay increase in Anaheim? Whatever.

Well, you leaped before you looked. So again, WDW is damned if they do, damned if they don't. You'd probably start complaining eventually wondering why WDW hasn't celebrated their CMs. Now they are, and it's something else.

orion54

Well, you leaped before you looked. So again, WDW is damned if they do, damned if they don't. You'd probably start complaining eventually wondering why WDW hasn't celebrated their CMs. Now they are, and it's something else.
How did I leap before I looked? are you talking about? I made joke and you got your panties in a wad. By the looks of things many people are not happy with the direction of Disney and I'd be first to praise the good things so whatever. If you don't like the jabs at Chapek and Iger, stop reading them or lighten up.

Lilofan

How did I leap before I looked? *** are you talking about? I made joke and you got your panties in a wad. By the looks of things many people are not happy with the direction of Disney and I'd be first to praise the good things so whatever. If you don't like the jabs at Chapek and Iger, stop reading them or lighten up.
Your opinions/ joking - mocking the cast members is off base. The company cast celebration to recognize the cast for their dedicated years of service to include private enjoyment of the park along with all the festivities to go with it is well deserved.

orion54

Your opinions/ joking - mocking the cast members is off base. The company cast celebration to recognize the cast for their dedicated years of service to include private enjoyment of the park along with all the festivities to go with it is well deserved.
I'm was not nor am mocking the CMs for their service. If I did, I apologize. to any CMs who took offense.

Weather_Lady

Does this mean I can go to any other park after on a general admission?
No. Disney's official policy on compensation for early park closures, for guests with a non-hopper ticket, is:

Smails.jpg

UNCgolf

What about people with dinner reservations?

I assume they're all screwed too, because they're unlikely to find a reservation anywhere else.

On the other hand, I guess you could argue that Disney is doing them a favor because I'm not sure there's anywhere worth eating dinner at the Magic Kingdom.

roj2323

It’s the make-up service celebration for cast who had a service milestone in 2020.

Edited to add that the celebration for 2021 anniversaries will be on February 8th.
BTW, If you are Custodial cast and asked if you are willing to work this event, Say yes. It's genuinely one of the most enjoyable special events I ever worked and the opportunities to talk with people who have been with the company for a very very long time is hard to pass up. It's also a pretty laid back day of work as everyone cleans up after themselves.

JohnD

What about people with dinner reservations?

I assume they're all screwed too, because they're unlikely to find a reservation anywhere else.

On the other hand, I guess you could argue that Disney is doing them a favor because I'm not sure there's anywhere worth eating dinner at the Magic Kingdom.
Reservations can always be found somewhere else. Besides, we’re not even 60 days out so no one is screwed. At 60 days, if someone wants an ADR before 4:30pm, they’ll be available.

UNCgolf

Reservations can always be found somewhere else. Besides, we’re not even 60 days out so no one is screwed. At 60 days, if someone wants an ADR before 4:30pm, they’ll be available.

Oh is it only 60 days to make ADRs now? I thought it was 90 days.

Otherwise, yeah, people probably would be screwed. It's not easy to find available reservations at decent restaurants at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom