Candlelight Processional Dining Packages Sold Out For All Days Instantly

Disney Experience

Original Poster
Yesterday I was told after being on hold for over a hour to check back at 3am Pacific time Online. So I was up before 3am pacific trying to book online. ( Staying.on property and have park pass).
Online was erroring out when checking available times , but finally just said it is sold out. I tried every day the processional is held. Tried calling WDW dine at 7am eastern and first got a line whose recording broke up, hung up and after ten minutes of circuits all busy I got the normal hold mrssage. On hold for 2.5 hours and the hold message changes to say all processional packages are sold out. So I hung up at that point.

It is hard to believe they sold out every showing of every day in the first minutes that any package was available

Definately not a good Disney experience. I could picture the date I desired selling out quick, but not every date selling out instantly. ( or as fast as I could check every date online)

if this is not a data /programming error they may want to look into randomized waiting queues such as was done for Hamilton when it was first on tour.

Last edited:

Wyse-guys

Mis-managed Disney: I guess they thought 4 Epcot restaurants was enough for demand? I think they had much more in the past. Now, if people without dinning reservation, stand in line for the show, will the Disney Management complain that we are not spending enough in their park? Disney should be making thing easier for us. This was much more difficult than in past years.

heapster411

Apparently we never stood a chance. The odds of getting an ADR was almost as great as getting a winning lottery ticket. 4 restaurants, 3 shows a day, going on for 30+ days, and no one can claim they obtained an ADR? Doesn't seem right!

cslafferty

Someone on another thread said most restaurants aren’t fully staffed to open to capacity. As someone else said, I’ve never had a problem getting a reservation at Biergarten before! There’ll be LOTS of people in the stand-by lines this year!

Ksearcy

Mis-managed Disney: I guess they thought 4 Epcot restaurants was enough for demand? I think they had much more in the past. Now, if people without dinning reservation, stand in line for the show, will the Disney Management complain that we are not spending enough in their park? Disney should be making thing easier for us. This was much more difficult than in past years.
In the past, there was even a restaurant choice or two OUTSIDE Epcot that offered processional packages. This situation is disappointing.

LeighM

I have insomnia and live in EST time zone. I checked often between midnight and 7:30am bc I really wanted Biergarten and to see the Processional for the first time. I kept getting the same error that I had to log into my account or have tickets and a park reservation. But I WAS logged into my account and have all proper reservations. By the time I was able to check again later in the morning, every available time and place was sold out. I decided to just skip out on the CP this year, leave Epcot early, and have dinner at Disney Springs. I already wasn't happy about having to pay more than they charged in past years for the dining package. It was ridiculous.

heapster411

Today I saw a time of 1:25pm on 11/30, tried to get it, but it indicated that I already had a ADR @ LeCellier. By the time I hit the cancel button for LeCellier, it said that the 1:25pm time doesn't exist anymore. Now the DW got an ADR @ the Biergarten for 1:40pm on that same day, but not @ the Link for the Candlelight Processional Dining Plan, and it was 5:40am that morning, which was before the booking window. My question is, will they consider us in the package when we show up for our ADR?

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Today I saw a time of 1:25pm on 11/30, tried to get it, but it indicated that I already had a ADR @ LeCellier. By the time I hit the cancel button for LeCellier, it said that the 1:25pm time doesn't exist anymore. Now the DW got an ADR @ the Biergarten for 1:40pm on that same day, but not @ the Link for the Candlelight Processional Dining Plan, and it was 5:40am that morning, which was before the booking window. My question is, will they consider us in the package when we show up for our ADR?

If you didn't book the package, I don't believe you will get the package. Perhaps you could sweet talk your server but most likely if it isn't booked as the package you are probably out of luck.

LeighM

As others have said, you won't get seating if you didn't reserve the dining package. They aren't the same price and the dining package is about $15 or so extra per person for the privilege of having reserved seating. The reserved seating for a show time is not reflected in the normal buffet cost.

heapster411

Was just able to snag Biergarten for 12/2, under the Candlelight Processional Link. Keep trying folks!!! The confirmation DOES indicate CAN which is code for the Candlelight Processional and the time is for the 7:00pm show. YEA!!!!!!!

heapster411

So, after fighting for days to get an ADR for Biergarten, Good Old Bob is going to let people buy a churro and get a reserved seat at the Candlelight Processional? Is he going to upcharge that churro to equal what I am paying for my dining package? Inquiring minds what to know!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
So, after fighting for days to get an ADR for Biergarten, Good Old Bob is going to let people buy a churro and get a reserved seat at the Candlelight Processional? Is he going to upcharge that churro to equal what I am paying for my dining package? Inquiring minds what to know!

what do you mean by this? I haven’t seen anything else suggesting buying a churro gets a person reserved seating.

heapster411

That was just a hypothetical, the initial post indicated that QS restaurants would be available to get access to reserve seating. Now this morning, I read that Regal Eagle and Spice Road has been added to list of Restaurants for Candlelight processional Dining Packages. It also indicates that it is a same day sign up. So, That I have a dining package @ Biergarten, which by the way took days to obtain, at the cost of $62.00 PP, how is someone going to buy $62.00 PP @ Regal Eagle to equal my plan? That is the reason for the Churro analogy.

nickys

Premium Member
That was just a hypothetical, the initial post indicated that QS restaurants would be available to get access to reserve seating. Now this morning, I read that Regal Eagle and Spice Road has been added to list of Restaurants for Candlelight processional Dining Packages. It also indicates that it is a same day sign up. So, That I have a dining package @ Biergarten, which by the way took days to obtain, at the cost of $62.00 PP, how is someone going to buy $62.00 PP @ Regal Eagle to equal my plan? That is the reason for the Churro analogy.
You are paying a premium of say $10 over what you would normally pay at Biergarten in order to get a seat at Candellight. (The seats are not reserved #s afaik).

So someone eating at Regal Eagle will also pay a premium of $10 on top of what their burger would normally cost in order to get a seat.

It does not mean you both pay the same, just that the extra cost over and above the normal dining price will be the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom