Space Mountain vs Expedition Everest

Better ride?

• Total voters

JIMINYCR

I'm going with EE. EE has a faster top speed and more thrilling drops, and theres that backwards portion. The view from the top is great also. Space is a fun coaster in complete darkness but EE still holds more thrills for me ... even with a bad Yeti component. Its the difference of the feel of a mostly just a coaster in the dark vs a themed thrill attraction.

RoadiJeff

Space Mountain, even though it seems like the speed has been dialed back a bit from the good old days. The Christmas lights and Christmas music along the track when we went there in 2019 for the MVMCP was a nice change.

That, and I'll never forget the time when the Space Mountain restraints used to be seat belts. I was 18 and the lady cast member was going along each seat and reaching in and grabbing the seat belt strap and giving it a tug to make sure that it was latched. When she reached my seat she stumbled as she was reaching for the loose strap and grabbed elsewhere. She never said anything but hurried off and I didn't make any embarrassing hoots or hollers. I wonder how often that used to happen. :D

Last edited:

JusticeDisney

This is a great comparison, IMO, and also a perfect example of why I love WDW so much. Neither of these coasters are ever going to be recognized as among the best in the world based merely upon speed or height or drops, etc. But when you factor in theming and the queues and the unique nature of each ride overall, these are exactly the type of rides I that I find to be the most fun.

Oh, and it was razor close for me, but I went with EE.

Sbk1234

My reason for voting for Space Mountain is pretty self-centered. Of the two, it's the only one I've been on, and the only one I'd feel comfortable riding with my health issues.
However, my daughters rode Expedition Everest and loved it.

belledream

My two favorite coasters in Disney World! While I think Everest is the actual better ride and is absolutely no slouch in the theming department, Space Mountain just has that inexplicable *it* vibe for me. The queue music, the sound of the loading dock, I even think it has a smell that I like. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug!

JustAFan

Space Mountain is fun. It's a classic. It's the first roller coaster I ever rode, a bajillion years ago. But, Everest is my favorite Disney attraction for a reason. The queue is fantastic. The storyline is clear and interesting. The attention to detail is top notch. The ride is itself is very thrilling. I'll stack EE against any Disney ride and pick EE every time.

erasure fan1

Space mountain is an absolute icon. But unfortunately as a roller coaster, it is well behind Everest in my opinion. If Disney would have fixed the track, eliminating the rough jarring ride, I think Space would win hands down because of the nostalgia factor alone. I make sure I ride space at least once, and thats good for me. Everest I will do as many times as I can.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom