Using Lyft/Uber @ WDW w/a Toddler???

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
We usually fly down and rent a car. However, that doesn't seem to be an option for this trip. We are staying longer then normal and car rental prices are absolutely ridiculous (I understand why but it doesn't change the fact that we simply can't afford it).

I live in a rural area so I'm not very knowledgeable on ride share type companies. We used the mini van service once on our last trip and loved it but that was pre-baby and I hear mini vans are not back up and running again yet.

My party will be myself, my husband and are 2 (almost) 3 year old daughter at the time. Can I get away with just using lyft &/or uber for the whole trip?

Would they have a carseat/booster seat for her? Would they be able to fit our large stroller in their trunk?

Is there enough people driving for those companies that we could get a ride basically anytime?

Thank you in advance for your help!

JIMINYCR

I found that Uber has whats called Uber Family or Uber Car Seat in Orlando. So you can arrange for a ride with a car seat. I dont know what the percentage of drivers are available with a car seat or how much longer that option would be to arrange rides. Ive never used that service.
Uber sends drivers with different sized vehicles. When weve used them we havent had any problems with loading large suitcases in the trunks, so it depends on how large a stroller you have.
We havent had any problems arranging rides in Orlando. There are a lot of people driving for income. Ive found some drivers are english speaking, some not very well. Some converse with you during the ride, some not at all. Depending on where you are setting up rides from the arrival times will vary. Weve waited anywhere from a few minutes to 30 minutes for a ride to show up. When you arrange for a ride you get a time of arrival from the driver and you can watch them on your phone as they make their way to you.

mergatroid

We usually fly down and rent a car. However, that doesn't seem to be an option for this trip. We are staying longer then normal and car rental prices are absolutely ridiculous (I understand why but it doesn't change the fact that we simply can't afford it).

I live in a rural area so I'm not very knowledgeable on ride share type companies. We used the mini van service once on our last trip and loved it but that was pre-baby and I hear mini vans are not back up and running again yet.

My party will be myself, my husband and are 2 (almost) 3 year old daughter at the time. Can I get away with just using lyft &/or uber for the whole trip?

Would they have a carseat/booster seat for her? Would they be able to fit our large stroller in their trunk?

Is there enough people driving for those companies that we could get a ride basically anytime?

Thank you in advance for your help!
We've reserved a car for March using an offsite rental company that has prices way below the $1,200 (the lowest) from the quoted airport onsite regulars. If you google wisecars they do a price comparison and you may be pleasantly surprised by some of the company sites and prices they suggest. I got a car for 15 days for about only 15% more than last year's rates.

Last edited:

RememberWhen

You could consider using a ride safe vest. I wouldn’t normally recommend one for such a small kiddo, but it has the advantage of guaranteeing you will have a car seat with you. Our 9 year old used one in one of our cars and for travel. We’ll get a smaller one for our 4.5 year old for our trip in February. The baby is still rear facing, so we’ll be bringing only one big bulky car seat on the plane.

JIMINYCR

You could consider using a ride safe vest. I wouldn’t normally recommend one for such a small kiddo, but it has the advantage of guaranteeing you will have a car seat with you. Our 9 year old used one in one of our cars and for travel. We’ll get a smaller one for our 4.5 year old for our trip in February. The baby is still rear facing, so we’ll be bringing only one big bulky car seat on the plane.

I'd want to check to see if the driver would accept it as a substitute for a normal car seat. With liability issues using their own vehicles, some drivers may be leery of using a system they havent used before.

RememberWhen

I'd want to check to see if the driver would accept it as a substitute for a normal car seat. With liability issues using their own vehicles, some drivers may be leery of using a system they havent used before.
That’s fair. It is a real safety tested car seat, but a bit unusual, perhaps.
Though, OP, I think a 2, almost 3yo would actually likely be too small for a ride safer vest. There are minimum height and weight limits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom