News EPCOT International Festival of the Arts 2022

DCBaker

Premium Member
Trying to understand where the popcorn goes inside of Figment? Does the head come off? Do you remove his spine and enter there?

You can see where it opens here in the back -

FJHgbV7WQAUt8RU.jpeg

Casper Gutman

The figment bucket mania is wonderful news actually this will show Disney that figment mania is alive and well!!! May be incentive for that big classic style imagination update we desperately need
Quite the opposite. It shows them addicted fans will pour out money for junk themed to rides they demolished a generation ago. Who needs to offer quality when suckers will shell out for memories of quality that has been gone for decades?

Casper Gutman

As grumpy as all the bucket furor makes me, it should be said that any company that wasn't criminally incompetent at running theme parks would be building a trackless, Mystic Manor-style Imagination ride featuring Dreamfinder and Figment, all tied to a franchise-launching film starring Tom Hanks. Maybe Wes Anderson could direct? More realistically, Disney would want an old hand who will play ball with studio interference - Barry Sonnenfeld could work. Does a humbled Brad Bird want another shot at live action?

Figments Friend

I just need to say......

I have been a Figment fan for the last forty years.
That's four decades.... so a fan far longer then before it was 'cool' to like the character.

As much as I love this character and what he represents, these 'fat dragon' popcorn buckets do absolutely nothing for me.
Zip.

I really do hope that some of the folks rushing to the Park to buy a bunch of these are not deluded in thinking that by buying lots of Figment merch that we shall see a vast improvement happen at the current Imagination Pavilion.
Won't happen.

All it 'proves' to Disney is that they need to offer more 'limited edition' and 'special event' merchandise.
Nothing more.

-

ppete1975

It states right on the back of APs that using them for such purposes is prohibited. By using that AP, the person agrees to the rules, and risks losing that AP by violating them.
I was originally commenting on people carrying out 20 of them not the two allotted. The ap legalize i thought was using your discount for profit.

ppete1975

Japan has awesome popcorn buckets so I hope disney steps it up. Check out Japans Stained Glass BatB bucket its beautiful. If they made a stained glass bucket for all of the princesses that would be great
Or monsters inc or small world. Amazing!!

ppete1975

I bet most of them don’t have all the receipts. Require showing them like they do at big box stores. It clearly states you’re only allowed two. If you have twenty, you did something against the company’s rules. I’d be willing to bet it’s not illegal to rectify that by giving them their money back.
Showing reciepts would be for stealing. The 2 per person is a purchase thing not an in possession. Neither would be a legal seizure even with return of money. They might be able to ban you. But theres no legal written anywhere that you cant have more than two in your possession, just that you aren’t supposed to be able to buy more than two at a time per person.
i agree that its scummy im just saying there isnt a good way for disney to stop it. Now aps using discount for profit has been done. But cant be done on the same day as purchase. Even if they posted on ebay while in the park.

CntrlFlPete

It states right on the back of APs that using them for such purposes is prohibited. By using that AP, the person agrees to the rules, and risks losing that AP by violating them.

The person may or may not have used an AP to enter the park -- not following how anyone could be breaking any rules around their AP?
I was originally commenting on people carrying out 20 of them not the two allotted. The ap legalize i thought was using your discount for profit.

right, I thought there could be language around using the AP discount but they do not offer any discounts on items such as pop corn buckets.

When my wife and daughter both went to the rest room, I was left sitting there w/ four of them -- I imagine I could be on the interwebs somewhere if someone snapped a picture when I was alone w/ 4 of them -- certainly I must be a reseller -- I do not know why my wife started collecting buckets but I can think of worse habits. We do not sell or buy these things, but she does collect them. We were able to buy four in one transaction as there were three of us at the register when they rung them up -- save for a Starbucks run from my daughter, all three of us stayed in line the whole 2 hours and we talked with folks who generally seemed to be Figment fans.

I still think the funniest part is that they ran out of pop corn so they sold the bucket w/o the pop corn (at least on SAT)

Jcf8037

Showing reciepts would be for stealing. The 2 per person is a purchase thing not an in possession. Neither would be a legal seizure even with return of money. They might be able to ban you. But theres no legal written anywhere that you cant have more than two in your possession, just that you aren’t supposed to be able to buy more than two at a time per person.
i agree that its scummy im just saying there isnt a good way for disney to stop it. Now aps using discount for profit has been done. But cant be done on the same day as purchase. Even if they posted on ebay while in the park.
If you don’t have a receipt for it, it’s not yours. If your family of ten got their 2 each and you have all the receipts for 20, you’re good. If you have the other 9 family and friends with you, you’re good. This isn’t about stealing vs possession. It is literally about possession. Disney’s stated policy is you can possess 2 per person per purchase. Prove the purchase. They wouldn’t have to even worry about stopping anyone holding 2 or fewer. Now they likely don’t want to do this because they clearly don’t want to confront people all day. But it would solve the poor guest experience problem that these resellers cause.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If you don’t have a receipt for it, it’s not yours. If your family of ten got their 2 each and you have all the receipts for 20, you’re good. If you have the other 9 family and friends with you, you’re good. This isn’t about stealing vs possession. It is literally about possession. Disney’s stated policy is you can possess 2 per person per purchase. Prove the purchase. They wouldn’t have to even worry about stopping anyone holding 2 or fewer. Now they likely don’t want to do this because they clearly don’t want to confront people all day. But it would solve the poor guest experience problem that these resellers cause.
What I don't understand is why Bob the Nob doesn't start a specialized collectible marketing group and sell them on eBay themselves. They'd make a lot more money that way, which, as we all know, is Bob's raison d'etre.

Satans Hockey

Japan has awesome popcorn buckets so I hope disney steps it up. Check out Japans Stained Glass BatB bucket its beautiful. If they made a stained glass bucket for all of the princesses that would be great

I wish they would bring over the different flavored popcorn! That was my favorite aspect of the popcorn craze over there and made it completely understandable as why to people would wait in line for popcorn lol

Diamond Dot

Doesn't this just show all that is wrong with Disney and it's nothing to do with Disney, but, the guests and people who aren't interested in the parks the way Walt intended, but, the merch. To pay $1000 for a bit of plastic is not illegal, it's daft. A true parks fan would spend that money on a vacation to create memories, but, the Tivans out there collect for investment not pleasure or memories. And those who stand in line for hours to get limited edition merch to flog on Ebay, thanks for buying more than you need preventing a person who is visiting the park next week because they are genuine park fans from getting their Figment.
Disney should do one per person and link the purchase to their ticket/magic band so they cannot get another unless the original purchase is damaged and has to be returned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom