Pre-Trip Comfy Shoes Return!

Hello, everyone!

I've been a long-time member, but don't usually post.

My name is Tina
crazy ex girlfriend greetings GIF

My group of friends is called "The Comfy Shoes" because as soon as we became friends, it was comfortable. We didn't need a "breaking-in" period.
We went to WDW in 2011 in a group of 13 - 4 households.
We had a great time, and vowed to go again soon.
Fast forward 10 years - after all our of kids graduated high school (and some college!) Covid happened!
We wanted to go for WDW's 50th, but were unsure if we should during the pandemic. (One family in particular was dead set on not going.)
Long story short, we think we have some dates pinned down - March of 2023!

I don't know if I can hold out that long! I'm DYING to go and see everything!
BUT, we want to go after TRON and the new GOTG rides are open.

Side note, my DM and her new husband keep hinting that if we ever go to WDW, we should all go together.
Am I a terrible person? I don't want to go with my Mom and Step-Dad to a place that I've gone with my Dad...sigh.
Plus, they vacation at a very different pace than we do. We are pedal to the metal, and they are stop and smell the roses.
I suppose we could just go to the same park and eat together.

Welcome to the insanity of planning a trip 17 months in the future!

Whats Up Hello GIF by Make it Move

LeighM

I understand not wanting to go to a place with your mom and step dad to a place you made memories with your dad. Is it possible to take a shorter trip with them and do new things around WDW that you didn't do with him? Animal Kingdom is a slower paced park you could enjoy together. Maybe focus on resort stays, miniature golf, or Disney Springs where you can do Cirque du Soleil or dinner shows when they come back?

PacNWTigger

You're not crazy for planning that far in advance...I'm starting to put together a WDW blowout for the end of March 2023 too.
153f77b5994062410f76acc96ea57a79.gif
Ooops...I lied...I'm actually planning on 2024...LOL! I looked at the wrong Easter year to have things line up appropriately. :rolleyes: Oh well...guess it's just that much more time to plan.

maxntina

Original Poster
I understand not wanting to go to a place with your mom and step dad to a place you made memories with your dad. Is it possible to take a shorter trip with them and do new things around WDW that you didn't do with him? Animal Kingdom is a slower paced park you could enjoy together. Maybe focus on resort stays, miniature golf, or Disney Springs where you can do Cirque du Soleil or dinner shows when they come back?

Thank you for the ideas...sounds like a sensible compromise!

maxntina

Original Poster
The Day by Day Plan

Saturday, March 4th - Travel Day and not so coincidentally, my 50th Birthday!

Traveling On My Way GIF by NeighborlyNotary®

Travel from the Pacific NW to WDW!
Yes, it will take all day...sigh.
We will probably stay at the Swan. Great location & reasonable price. ;)

Sunday, March 5th - Universal

A lot of us can't wait to go the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!
Is it worth it to buy the 2 Park Pass? I'm leaning that way, so that I can ride the train and see both sides.
harry potter GIF

Monday, March 6th - Hollywood Studios

Hello, Rise of the Resistance :cool: - most of us haven't been able to visit Galaxy's Edge yet.
Star Wars Dancing GIF

Tuesday, March 7th - Magic Kingdom

Hopefully, by then, Tron will be open! We are so excited for this ride!
video games tron GIF by RETRO-FIEND

Wednesday, March 8th - Epcot

Main draw - Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind!!!
Guardians Of The Galaxy Hello GIF

Thursday, March 9th - Animal Kingdom

I know you'll be totally surprised by this, but most of us haven't been able to experience the Pandora area of the park. Shocker. :joyfull:
Really looking forward to Flights of Passage!

Friday, March 10th - Repeat your favorite park?

Game Show Fox GIF by SpinTheWheel

Saturday, March 11th - Travel Home

landing sub pop GIF by Sub Pop Records

That's about it! Any thoughts, concerns, suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

maxntina

Original Poster
My Tribe - Who's going on this adventure?

My DH, DD, her SO, and myself - 4
Our BFs, MH, MW, and possibly their two adult children, and their SOs. - Definitely 2, possibly 6
Our good friends, AH, AW - 2 (They say this is an adult only trip, so none of their 3 college-age kids)

Does anyone else have a group like this? We celebrate New Year's, the Super Bowl, Birthdays, and Halloween together.
We call each other the Family that we got to choose! We support each other during the hard times and celebrate the good times!
Max Greenfield Love GIF by CBS

Can you tell that I'm a little excited?
Happy Jeff Goldblum GIF by Apartments.com

KellBelle

My Tribe - Who's going on this adventure?

My DH, DD, her SO, and myself - 4
Our BFs, MH, MW, and possibly their two adult children, and their SOs. - Definitely 2, possibly 6
Our good friends, AH, AW - 2 (They say this is an adult only trip, so none of their 3 college-age kids)

Does anyone else have a group like this? We celebrate New Year's, the Super Bowl, Birthdays, and Halloween together.
We call each other the Family that we got to choose! We support each other during the hard times and celebrate the good times!
Max Greenfield Love GIF by CBS

Can you tell that I'm a little excited?
Happy Jeff Goldblum GIF by Apartments.com
We have always gone with my close friend from high school, her husband and her 2 kids. Just the 6 of us, we don't have kids. It's most always a good time. We also celebrate most all holidays, etc together as well. We sometimes go our separate ways in WDW, but most of the time, we are all together. You guys will have a blast!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom