What In The World ….. could they be thinking?

Tink76

Original Poster
So I visited the MK yesterday and couldn’t help but notice the crowds gathered for fireworks. People jammed packed up and down Main Street.
Since my family had already previewed the fireworks we were trying to get out of the park.
Here’s my what in the world; after walking 4 parking lots away from the main entrance and walking 10 hours around the park whats the thought process for not having parking lot Tram service at the end of the day? It can’t be Covid otherwise they’d do crowd control during fireworks. Can’t be a lack of workers EFEO has plenty of furloughed workers waiting to be called back.
Don’t mind walking in, but at the end of the day we all just want to get in our vehicles and leave and rest up for another adventure at WDW.

rreading

Great point that it cannot be corona concern. I shouldn't think that it should be $$. I would guess that it's a function of staffing.

Fordlover

It is money saving. Why offer something at no cost if there are plenty of people who can't wait to throw their money to WDC? Disney has discovered that all the extra magic is not required to attract people to the parks.

I'm convinced Disney could cut offerings even more and people will still happily show up with their $$ and hand it over.

JoeCamel

So I visited the MK yesterday and couldn’t help but notice the crowds gathered for fireworks. People jammed packed up and down Main Street.
Since my family had already previewed the fireworks we were trying to get out of the park.
Here’s my what in the world; after walking 4 parking lots away from the main entrance and walking 10 hours around the park whats the thought process for not having parking lot Tram service at the end of the day? It can’t be Covid otherwise they’d do crowd control during fireworks. Can’t be a lack of workers EFEO has plenty of furloughed workers waiting to be called back.
Don’t mind walking in, but at the end of the day we all just want to get in our vehicles and leave and rest up for another adventure at WDW.
You know the answer
They finally got the parking operation to run at a profit. Between the gate fee and not having to staff and maintain the trams they are paying for that new lot.

castlecake2.0

Guest.services@disneyworld.com tell them! People gotta speak up. Not only is it poor guest service, it’s dangerous having all these people walking through the parking lot.

Tink76

Original Poster
Guest.services@disneyworld.com tell them! People gotta speak up. Not only is it poor guest service, it’s dangerous having all these people walking through the parking lot.
Thank you for the information. Our family group of nine experienced the worst of Disney during this trip.
Skyliner broke down and 2 of our group hung in the air for over an hour.
A Trails End dinner reservation that meant nothing as we sat for over an hour for a table. We noticed other guest receiving the same kind of scheduling.

castlecake2.0

Thank you for the information. Our family group of nine experienced the worst of Disney during this trip.
Skyliner broke down and 2 of our group hung in the air for over an hour.
A Trails End dinner reservation that meant nothing as we sat for over an hour for a table. We noticed other guest receiving the same kind of scheduling.
Definitely take some time to pass on your feedback. You will get the standard “fluff” email back from guest relations, but your feedback will get forwarded to the leadership team of every area you mention. If we don’t speak up nothing will change. I sent one last week about the team situation and how dangerous it makes the MK parking lot with no clear directions.

FutureCEO

EFEO?

no Citrus Swirl was my complaint this trip. Well, one of money outside my horrible flight experience.

John park hopper

Welcome to the New Disney Magic show -- not only can they make your money disappear --- what once was --Bob can make disappear right before your very eyes. Greatest Magic Show on Earth

Last edited:

NickMaio

Another y cost saving from wdw....while blaming covid.
It just keeps getting worse.

RoadiJeff

Yeah, magic kingdom is brutal to get to nowadays. The parking lot at the TTC was obviously designed with trams in mind. Having to walk the long parking lot, just to wait to board a monorail or boat to get it the park is really tough. They gotta bring back the trams, atleast for magic kingdom.
When I was at the MK this past Monday I heard a cast member announcing over a speaker at the edge of the parking lot that there were free shuttle buses to take people to the entrance and that it was the fastest way to get there vs the monorail or boat. I used that and it was pretty good. I know that doesn't help with navigating through the parking lot but you mentioned taking the monorail or ferry to the park and there are more options than that.

At the end of the day, I briefly looked for the free shuttle buses to take me back to the parking lot. I didn't see them but there there were all sorts of hotel shuttle buses around. I asked a security person if they were still doing the free parking lot shuttles and he kept asking me which hotel I was staying at. I don't think he knew about the parking lot shuttle buses. I then asked him where the walking path started that goes to the parking lot. He said there wasn't one, although I had read that there is one that has been added in recent years.

Since the boat was just about to leave I decided to hurry onto it and watch the fireworks as I headed across Seven Seas Lagoon.

Last edited:

John park hopper

YES...............
Tell them.
This kind of thing is some real BS.
Disney upper management are just like politicians they will rely with some generic BS and never give you an answer. Have given up contacting politicians and Disney, when someone gets injured or killed and the lawyers get involved only then will we see corrective action

castlecake2.0

Disney upper management are just like politicians they will rely with some generic BS and never give you an answer. Have given up contacting politicians and Disney, when someone gets injured or killed and the lawyers get involved only then will we see corrective action
Thats the guest response, youll 99% of the time get a fluff email back, but they do track feedback and it can effect change.

eliza61nyc

We actually saw this, early September. A family with an older senior looked like they were having a medical emergency. It was surface of the sun hot and I guess he was overcome from the heat walking back from the MK. Quite a few of us we're complaining about forcing folks to hike back to their cars.

StarshipDisney

When are we going to learn that current Disney management could not care less about the overall guest experience. All that matters is how much $$$ they can squeeze from each guest.

I heard a story about how Chapek and Iger recently rededicated Disney World...to the almighty dollar that is.

PolynesianPrincess

Plain and simple. Disney doesn't want to pay the workers. Same reason why they're dragging on bringing the shows and parades back. It has NOTHING to do with COVID. They may try and use it as an excuse, but like you said, people are jam packed like sardines for fireworks so they would completely be contradicting themselves on that. They see people coming without all the entertainment being there. The longer they can go without having to pay those performers means more money for them. I was thinking yesterday about the parades and I would be surprised if they brought them back any time soon. It costs much more to run a parade than it does the cavalcades so I think Disney will continue with those. Special event parades too. I doubt we see MNSSHP or MVMCP come back in the same way they previously were. The after hours events are more expensive and people are paying it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom