Epcot's 40th Anniversary

Horizons1

Where did O’Canada and The Computer Song come from in the loop for the 40th? They’re not part of the original 1982 loop unless they were cut from it.

trainplane3

Where did O’Canada and The Computer Song come from in the loop for the 40th? They’re not part of the original 1982 loop unless they were cut from it.
I believe people are still figuring it out. They're thinking it's something the Archives found and decided to mix in. Which comes back to one single point, selling the freaking music. This shouldn't be hard. There's money to be made.

Well, well.....I learned something new tonight.

Pretty darn clever how the original 82' loop 'borrowed' little bits and pieces from the most unexpected of places.

-
Yep! It's fine to borrow bits of music. A lot of songs are borrowed nowadays but it comes down to the use. I don't mind the new entrance loop but it's nothing special and gets lost in the background. The unique music Epcot has is what I look forward to hearing everytime I'm there.

Just the anthem Pinar wrote for Epcot holds a lot of promise. I'm hoping she uses her style to mix in various bits of Epcot pavilion themes. It could be something really great.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Does anyone know if the 40th beacons of magic show is still running?

Every 10 minutes a new SSE 'show' starts rotating through 3 shows:
  1. Be Our Guest (bilingual)
  2. 40th Anniversary (old EPCOT attraction songs)
  3. 50th Anniversary (Beacon of Light)
For some strange reason, the LED lights on the surrounding breezeway wasn't on at all.

In between shows, you hear the new EPCOT entrance loops with the lights on SSE going through gently changing patterns.

Two days ago:
  • One light wasn't working at all.
  • One light had its white light on all the time, but the other colors worked as normal.
  • Two lights had its blue LED not working
  • One light had its green LED not working
Most of these problematic lights were on the sides and one needed to look carefully to see they weren't working fully as intended. So, they barely affected the effects in my opinion.

The big crane was sometimes out, sometimes not. Maybe to fix the lights?

tparris

Every 10 minutes a new SSE 'show' starts rotating through 3 shows:
  1. Be Our Guest (bilingual)
  2. 40th Anniversary (old EPCOT attraction songs)
  3. 50th Anniversary (Beacon of Light)
For some strange reason, the LED lights on the surrounding breezeway wasn't on at all.

In between shows, you hear the new EPCOT entrance loops with the lights on SSE going through gently changing patterns.

Two days ago:
  • One light wasn't working at all.
  • One light had its white light on all the time, but the other colors worked as normal.
  • Two lights had its blue LED not working
  • One light had its green LED not working
Most of these problematic lights were on the sides and one needed to look carefully to see they weren't working fully as intended. So, they barely affected the effects in my opinion.

The big crane was sometimes out, sometimes not. Maybe to fix the lights?
On my way home from work , I pass by EPCOT. Last night at around 12:30am, they seemed to be testing the RGB of the lights. The entirety of SSE was continuously cycling about every 5 seconds between solid red, green, blue, white, and white star-shaped. Usually around that time of night SSE is playing the normal lighting animations. Earlier tonight, Zach posted a picture of SSE’s 40th beacon of magic and all of the lights appeared to be working properly, so either the picture was photoshopped to fix the lights, or the photo was taken today and the testing last night was them fixing it. Hopefully it’s the latter!

tparris

On my way home from work , I pass by EPCOT. Last night at around 12:30am, they seemed to be testing the RGB of the lights. The entirety of SSE was continuously cycling about every 5 seconds between solid red, green, blue, white, and white star-shaped. Usually around that time of night SSE is playing the normal lighting animations. Earlier tonight, Zach posted a picture of SSE’s 40th beacon of magic and all of the lights appeared to be working properly, so either the picture was photoshopped to fix the lights, or the photo was taken today and the testing last night was them fixing it. Hopefully it’s the latter!
All lights have been fixed as of tonight

JohnD

Has anyone seen or bought the 40th anniversary watch? I like it and want to know the cost...

Thank you!!
You're probably thinking of the 40th anniversary Magic Band. You can find it at ShopDisney. (I purchased the ornament before it was sold out.)

9CC02434-D850-4EAA-9260-655106420EA4.jpeg

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Weird, I would have thought that the white and rainbow polyester unisex collared bowling shirt with slight hip flare would have been a better seller that wouldn't require a 40% discount to clear inventory.

Honestly, who is in charge over there? They could have charged $175 for a 100% silk Tommy Bahama for men with a pattern of the original pavilion icons and it would have sold out in a few days.

Screenshot_20230108-091819.png

Thelazer

I mean hell, they should just buy in bulk from Etsy and sell it in the parks.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
I mean hell, they should just buy in bulk from Etsy and sell it in the parks.

Simple, because they would shut them down and think their merchandise is better...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom