Walt Disney World Cast compliment feature comes to My Disney Experience

Smiley/OCD

Great, long overdue improvement to the MDE…hopefully as it evolves we will be able to give more details in our comments.
I just think they want to see the feedback good vs. bad i.e. Karen type complaints

RoadiJeff

On my solo trip last year a cast member was so helpful by doing some Pixie Dust on her laptop to help me with a frustrating issue that I offered her a gratuity. She said they cannot accept money but that I could go to Guest Services at the entrance to HS and mention her name. I did that as I left, plus I left a glowing review when I got back home and mentioned her. If anyone wants to recognize a specific cast member I suggesting going that route. Thank you once again, Ashley. Yes, I still greatly appreciate it. :)

20200918_140202.jpg

Last edited:

MarvelCharacterNerd

If you're not complimenting the actual Cast Member, then how is it a Cast Member compliment?

Actual cast compliments given at City Hall or directly to a CM's lead help CM's - they're recognized by their leaders and it's put on their cast record. Cast compliments are the best thing you can do for a CM. But this... isn't that.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
If you're not complimenting the actual Cast Member, then how is it a Cast Member compliment?

Actual cast compliments given at City Hall or directly to a CM's lead help CM's - they're recognized by their leaders and it's put on their cast record. Cast compliments are the best thing you can do for a CM. But this... isn't that.
That's what I said. Instead of a CM compliment, it is a Cast as a whole compliment.

MarvelCharacterNerd

That's what I said. Instead of a CM compliment, it is a Cast as a whole compliment.
Which accomplishes nothing for the individual CM who did something above and beyond that warranted recognition and just allows the company to say "hey, everything is going great here."

Please, folks, compliment the Cast Member specifically even if it means taking a little extra time to do it the effective way. It matters. They made the effort and it's worth it in return.

Becky

Useless for the Cast Member who did something wonderful. This is just something Disney bean counters developed
for advertising. "See how great we are. Come visit and give us all your money." I hand write letters and send them to guest services giving the Cast Member's name and what they did to make a moment magical. On my next visit I ask the Cast Member if their manager told them about the letter. If not I ask to see their manager or lead (or whatever the lead is called now).

If I am somewhere where the manager is present, restaurant for example, I ask to speak to the manager and tell them of the great service
given by the Cast Member. I then ask if there is a better address to send my letter other than guest services/relations.

macefamily

Being that Disney is going through a deep cost-cutting measure, is this how they weed out cast members to release ? Need a minimum number of compliments per month ?

Becky

Useless for the Cast Member who did something wonderful. This is just something Disney bean counters developed
for advertising. "See how great we are. Come visit and give us all your money." I hand write letters and send them to guest services giving the Cast Member's name and what they did to make a moment magical. On my next visit I ask the Cast Member if their manager told them about the letter. If not I ask to see their manager or lead (or whatever the lead is called now).

If I am somewhere where the manager is present, restaurant for example, I ask to speak to the manager and tell them of the great service
given by the Cast Member. I then ask if there is a better address to send my letter other than guest services/relations.
I do NOT put the manager on the spot if they say they did not get the letter. I carry a copy with me and I simply say "Oh I am sorry I must
have used the wrong address, here is a copy of my letter". This way neither the manager or Cast Member is put on the spot.

EeyoreFan#24

it needed to go electronic, however I can’t think of a bigger “this is all for show” statement to the cast than taking generic complements without a name. I hope there is a phased approach and this is just a first step.

MrPromey

Yeah, this feels like it helps nobody - absolutely useless except for a "feel good" for the guest and probably a business metric they can toss on a chart to help show how satisfied guests are.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom