News New watercraft 'Tradewinds' joins the motor cruiser fleet

peter11435

I saw tradewinds from a distance last week before the media press event started. At the time I assumed it was repainted, not a new addition.

Kind of exciting. Now I am wondering, how many cruises does Bay Lake have and are there more on the way.

Also can we get a friendship? They are okay traversing the WS lagoon but for WS to DHS feels like a three hour cruise, a three hour cruise.
Tradewinds makes 4 of these cruiser vessels. There are also 6 of the smaller launch vessels.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Very much needed on the gold route. I’m so glad they finally ordered one.
looks like the design is much like the mermaid on the inside.
The cruisers can always accommodate ECVs and previously there was no accommodation on that route on a regular basis(only when the monorails went down). Water levels are the main reason why getting on can be tricky for an ECV at certain times of the year.

I wanna see the touch controls! Next time I go to MK I’ll have to take a ride. Once a craftie always a craftie!

JIMINYCR

Once the crew has all the guests move to one side of the boat, the roll on and off. 😂
When DW who is in a motorized W/C has utilized Disney water transportation on previous trips Ive seen they have had portable ramps positioned nearby if needed, like those at the monorail stations. Once several years back when FL had a drought condition in place the water level was down and the only way she could access the boats was by using a ramp. I dont know if Disney has one available for Tradewinds, she wasnt with us on our most recent trip and I didnt use the boats.

Clamman73

What’s the story as far as who manufactured it? Is it a stock hull from a company that makes something similar and just customized for Disney?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom