MagicBand+ announced

Br0ckford

ed with thlastem when we
If this is the best they can say about MB+, it's not a lot...

I got one. The 50th statues' audio is mostly drowned out by background park noise. So... that's bleh.

MagicShots were always available before MB+.

Altho... it did seem some StoryMaker features were active. In Star Tours, the second screening droid had names of guests up on the monitor behind it.

I only sprung for MB+ so that I can have a rechargeable battery and never have to buy a new one again.

I was very disappointed with ours last week. Agree with the statue volume. My charge never lasted all day. The colors blinking in time with the MVMCP was cool though.

Gringrinngghost

I was very disappointed with ours last week. Agree with the statue volume. My charge never lasted all day. The colors blinking in time with the MVMCP was cool though.
I brought mine to epcot, outside of it getting stuck I had no issues at all with battery life and didnt charge it at all in park. I guess tho that was due to the fact that I did not do anything with it really.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
A few new MagicBand+ designs have been loaded onto the discount page for APs and Resort guests. Each band is priced at $34.99.

You can find them here - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/bands-cards/

Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 3.39.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 3.39.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 3.39.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 3.37.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 3.37.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 3.36.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 3.36.51 PM.png

mickEblu

A few new MagicBand+ designs have been loaded onto the discount page for APs and Resort guests. Each band is priced at $34.99.

You can find them here - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/bands-cards/

View attachment 684778View attachment 684779View attachment 684780View attachment 684781View attachment 684782View attachment 684783View attachment 684784

They re not bad but it’s almost like they don’t make these for parks fans. Where is the talking skull from POTC? Where are the dolls/animals from IASW? Where’s Jungle Cruise Bathing Bertha? I like the print on that Stitch band. Why not make an Adventureland band with a print like that?

I like that WDW one at the top though.

phillip9698

My kids loved the bands, they are 6 and 4. The 4 year old in particular got very excited whenever it would start to change colors during a parade or fireworks, the 6 year old liked waving at the statues.

Me, i just had a regular old magic band and i think ill keep it as long as the battery holds. I liked not having to charge it every night and my kids and wife MB+ kept falling off but i never had that issue with mine over the past 7-8 years.

DisneyDreamer08

OK, I'll bite - people actually are still paying good money for these things?
If you want a magic band, you might not have a choice. We surprised my kids on Christmas with a trip. We leave this Sunday. I told them they could get new magicbands, regular ones, not the + ones. We checked online 2-3 times a day for weeks and weeks. The regular magicband stock was pitiful. Usually only 10-12, no good characters. But there were easily 60-70 magicband+ available. I ended up getting a 50th one for myself (on sale for $25) and my kids are reusing old ones. I told them I’d give them a little extra spending money to soften the blow.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If you want a magic band, you might not have a choice. We surprised my kids on Christmas with a trip. We leave this Sunday. I told them they could get new magicbands, regular ones, not the + ones. We checked online 2-3 times a day for weeks and weeks. The regular magicband stock was pitiful. Usually only 10-12, no good characters. But there were easily 60-70 magicband+ available. I ended up getting a 50th one for myself (on sale for $25) and my kids are reusing old ones. I told them I’d give them a little extra spending money to soften the blow.
You just buy them there…they’re not really a hot commodity

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
$30 for a trinket souvenir with some functionality. I don't see how it's any more unreasonable than pins or Vinylmations or novelty t-shirts or novelty purses or novelty backpacks or novelty pencils or novelty bobbleheads or....
It’s really not…

I don’t get the weird “anti band” vibe? Is it pouting about fastpass?

Look at all the frankly stupid things sold that get defending around here? You can start with adult princess dresses and $59.99 matching glittery ears…

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom