MagicBand+ announced

DCBaker

Premium Member
Magicband+ arrives at Walt Disney World July 27th.

Pricing -

"All guests can buy MagicBand+ at select stores across Walt Disney World and online at shopDisney, starting at $34.99."

At Walt Disney World, you can purchase a MagicBand+ at the following locations:
  • Magic Kingdom Park: Emporium
  • EPCOT: Pin Traders – Camera Center
  • Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Celebrity 5 & 10 and Tatooine Traders
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park: Discovery Trading Company
  • Disney Springs: Disney’s Pin Traders
  • Select merchandise locations at Disney Resort hotels

Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 9.01.40 AM.png

dreday3

Do we know yet if they will have more than the 2 styles shown?

I don't want the same one everyone else has. ;)
Oh never mind, I see 5.

I'm undecided on if we will purchase any. Maybe one for the two of us just to see.

yonafunu

Is it possible to buy one online before arriving in a disney resort as the classic magicband ? I hope it's not only in store or shopdisney

Stupido

Is it possible to buy one online before arriving in a disney resort as the classic magicband ? I hope it's not only in store or shopdisney

They said on their blog post that if you're staying in a resort, you'll be able to purchase one ahead of your trip at a discounted rate. I'm assuming this will go live on the 27th as well:

If you’re planning to get one or even collect some, don’t forget that Disney Resort hotel guests may purchase MagicBand+ online at special prices before their arrival.

Furiated

I thought I saw somewhere that they would be available as pre-arrival selections, but they aren't showing on the site just yet.

Edit: Confirmed above

Furiated

Right? Like am I supposed to be watching my arm or the fireworks in front of me? C'mon, Disney. 🙄

While I definitely get your point, the idea is that if enough people have these, you won't have to look at your arm, you'll see the extra lighting effects all through the crowd. That was the idea behind the Glow with the Show items at Disneyland, which I loved. Only problem is getting enough people to use them. If you look up the GwtS promotional video, it looks amazing. But you never saw that many people using it in practice. I'm hoping that since this is worked into something most WDW will get for their trip anyway, we'll see more people opting for MB+ over MB, and get some cool added effects to the night shows.

TheMaxRebo

Do we know yet if they will have more than the 2 styles shown?

I don't want the same one everyone else has. ;)
Oh never mind, I see 5.

I'm undecided on if we will purchase any. Maybe one for the two of us just to see.

Article said there will be 25 designs to start with

TheMaxRebo

Just FYI - heard from a CM trained in MB+ that they are reminding/stressing to guests that after buying one you will really need to fully charge it (they come partially charged but need to be 60% charged to fully work) and will need to do a software update.

Also, everyone will need their own Play Disney account to keep track of progress (with the statues, bounty hunter, etc) - so if your kids want to track their individual progress they will need their own account

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom