MagicBand+ announced

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Call me a rube then. 🤷‍♂️ And my point made.
As was mentioned earlier - this is akin to the talking Hallmark cards that have been around for 20 years(?). And haptics have been around for 15 years. But by all means, go ahead, spend the money, and reward Disney for their minimal effort. No one's stopping you.

The same company that created AudioAnimatronics, the rides and concepts behind EPCOT Center, Rise of the Resistance, Pirates of the Caribbean, Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror, etc., also brings you... a band you wear on your wrist that vibrates and changes colors. And triggers a sound clip when you're near a statue. Maybe it's just that Disney of yesteryear set my standards too high.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

kalel8145

As was mentioned earlier - this is akin to the talking Hallmark cards that have been around for 20 years(?). And haptics have been around for 15 years. But by all means, go ahead, spend the money, and reward Disney for their minimal effort. No one's stopping you.

The same company that created AudioAnimatronics, the rides and concepts behind EPCOT Center, Rise of the Resistance, Pirates of the Caribbean, Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror, etc., also brings you... a band you wear on your wrist that vibrates and changes colors. And triggers a sound clip when you're near a statue. Maybe it's just that Disney of yesteryear set my standards too high.
Find them disappointing all you want. Dump on them and tear Disney apart. By all means your feelings are your feelings and I'd never tell you, you are wrong cause I'm not you. No need to call people that are excited about them and looking forward to them rubes. But then again the internet is full of this type of thing.

Rescue Ranger

Not a fan of how they implemented the speakers. Looks very front lawn? I dunno.

This seems more hassle than it's worth. Not for me. At this stage anyway.

If this is something you're going to have to charge daily(multiple times a day?) I'd rather they just go all out with this and raise the price and give us a full flown fitbit style magic band. I wouldn't mind Mickey's voice congratulating me for hitting my step goal!

kalel8145

Not a fan of how they implemented the speakers. Looks very front lawn? I dunno.

This seems more hassle than it's worth. Not for me. At this stage anyway.

If this is something you're going to have to charge daily(multiple times a day?) I'd rather they just go all out with this and raise the price and give us a full flown fitbit style magic band. I wouldn't mind Mickey's voice congratulating me for hitting my step goal!
Or telling me its time to get my rear-end moving.

WorldExplorer

I'm starting to actively dislike the whole statue thing.

First they make the stupidest decisions possible for who gets a statue (including characters with no or very, very minimal park presence). Then they reveal that the interactivity they were hyping up so much is behind an upcharge. THEN they reveal that the much hyped interactivity is about as boring as possible. Heck, either they're showing it poorly or couldn't even be bothered to get available actors to record 50th specific lines.

I'll cut them slack on the bands not showing up for a huge chunk of the "celebration" because I understand that there are supply issues, but nothing else. (And really, even then, maybe they should have held back on talking about the interactivity...)

They aren't even fun to search for. You find the majority of them clustered together on pedestals in a hub area.

Anyway, I'm not buying the band, if that wasn't clear.

Last edited:

MrPromey

... Then they reveal that the interactivity they were hyping up so much is behind an upcharge. THEN they reveal that the much hyped interactivity is about as boring as possible. Heck, either they're showing it poorly or couldn't even be bothered to get available actors to record 50th specific lines...

Also the same company that has this in the MK which works with a magic band or a regular ticket:

When Disney spoke of interactivity, I was expecting something like this which is included "free" with park admission.

_

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Also the same company that has this in the MK which works with a magic band or a regular day ticket:

When Disney spoke of interactivity, I was expecting something like this which is included "free" with park admission.

"Sorry, sir, that's now an after-hours event extra up-charge premium experience. The mouse out front should have let you know."

dreday3

Hi.

Does anyone have any info on if these will be available when packages come out on June 8th? We are weirdos who buy a couple of magic bands before each trip, but if these come out we will only purchase one each.

dreday3

Hi.

Does anyone have any info on if these will be available when packages come out on June 8th? We are weirdos who buy a couple of magic bands before each trip, but if these come out we will only purchase one each.

Welp, they still didn't release those dang new magic bands with packages today!

I wonder what the hold up is, weren't they supposed to be out by now?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom