Fort Wilderness Campgrounds Christmas cart parades and decorations

Crphillipp

Original Poster
Good day all,
Does anyone know if Fort Wilderness will still have their Christmas cart parades and decorations for 2021?
We have a two week trip in December and we are really hoping to take our girls on a cart tour through the campgrounds to see the decor and lights. thank you in advance!

-Chris

Raxel7851

I would imagine the decorations will certainly be there since it’s really not a “sanctioned” Disney activity. So many individual campers decorate their sites. It’s so cool. When we stay at POFQ, we always bring a small tree decoration to put in the window. I can’t comment on the cart parade. I’ve never seen that. But it sounds like fun! Have you reserved a cart or are you bringing your own?

Crphillipp

Original Poster
I would imagine the decorations will certainly be there since it’s really not a “sanctioned” Disney activity. So many individual campers decorate their sites. It’s so cool. When we stay at POFQ, we always bring a small tree decoration to put in the window. I can’t comment on the cart parade. I’ve never seen that. But it sounds like fun! Have you reserved a cart or are you bringing your own?
thanks for the reply! We are looking into reserving a cart for a few hours to do our own tour for the decorations

Raxel7851

Are you staying at FW? I believe you can only hire carts if you are a guest staying at FW now.
When we rented our cart, it seemed like a separate operation from our reservation. We had to reserve with a credit card to hold it and pay for it and it wasn’t part of our FW stay bill. It seems like it was the same as if you rented a bike at POFQ/POR.

nickys

Premium Member
When we rented our cart, it seemed like a separate operation from our reservation. We had to reserve with a credit card to hold it and pay for it and it wasn’t part of our FW stay bill. It seems like it was the same as if you rented a bike at POFQ/POR.
I’ve seen recent reports which have said they will now only rent to those with a FW reservation.

Raxel7851

I’ve seen recent reports which have said they will now only rent to those with a FW reservation.
I’m sure when someone calls for a reservation, they will ask that question before accepting a reservation. If you are able to rent without a FW reservation, the cart will need to be returned before the cart barn closes. Usually around 5-6 PM.

Crphillipp

Original Poster
I’m sure when someone calls for a reservation, they will ask that question before accepting a reservation. If you are able to rent without a FW reservation, the cart will need to be returned before the cart barn closes. Usually around 5-6 PM.
Thats early! But makes sense...also I checked the website and didn't see anything that said a FW reservation is necessary.

Raxel7851

Thats early! But makes sense...also I checked the website and didn't see anything that said a FW reservation is necessary.

I just mentioned that because that’s around the time the cart barn closes. So if you happen to be able to rent one without a FW stay, I would imagine you’ll need to turn it in before they close. When we stayed there we were able to turn it in on the morning we checked out. We had it for 5 days.

monorail81

Sadly, they stopped renting carts to folks who don’t have Fort reservations. It is something my family and I did every Christmas. I called to make changes to our cart last year, which we booked the year prior, and they asked for my Fort reservation number. When I told them I didn’t have one, they told me they had to cancel my reservation. Ever since, the first thing they ask for is the Fort reservation number.

Raxel7851

Sadly, they stopped renting carts to folks who don’t have Fort reservations. It is something my family and I did every Christmas. I called to make changes to our cart last year, which we booked the year prior, and they asked for my Fort reservation number. When I told them I didn’t have one, they told me they had to cancel my reservation. Ever since, the first thing they ask for is the Fort reservation number.
Well that is a bummer. Hopefully that will change once they get fully staffed.

irwalt2

If you are unable to get a golf cart check and see if they still do a sleigh ride
thru Fort Wilderness. My wife and I did one on a trip for our 25th wedding anniversary
back in 2016. we even got a commemorative pin

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom