YC Pool Use on Checkout Day + Cabana?

Are the cabana rentals at YC worth it?

• Yes, all day is the way to go!

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Yes, but half the day is more than enough!

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No, there are plenty of other comfortable places in the shade!

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

Original Poster
ETA: Please answer the poll working under the assumption the Cabanas would be available for half-day rentals. HT to @Wine&Disney for the heads up they they are only renting full days at this time!

For our trip next June, we'll be staying at YC (our first Deluxe resort stay) for the first leg of our Orlando adventure (Saturday though Thursday morning) and switching to Universal's LPB on Thursday staying until Monday. Once we check out of YC on Thursday we have access to SAB all day, which we will all enjoy, but my boys will LOVE! I was considering renting a cabana that day so we have a "home base" to relax with shade, cool drinks, and comfortable seating/sleeping. Do you recommend a full day rental, or only half? Which half? I figure we can have a leisurely lunch at the resort and camp in regular seating for a bit if we did the last half of the day. If we did the first half, maybe it would be a good time to head on over to our Universal hotel and get settled in there? I've heard horror stories about checking in to the UO resorts vs WDW's online check-in. Is there a better/worse time to arrive that would influence how we enjoy our last day at YC?

Having never gone to UO, much less split a stay in this manner, I'm interested to get others' thought on this.

Last edited:

Wine&Disney

For our trip next June, we'll be staying at YC (our first Deluxe resort stay) for the first leg of our Orlando adventure (Saturday though Thursday morning) and switching to Universal's LPB on Thursday staying until Monday. Once we check out of YC on Thursday we have access to SAB all day, which we will all enjoy, but my boys will LOVE! I was considering renting a cabana that day so we have a "home base" to relax with shade, cool drinks, and comfortable seating/sleeping. Do you recommend a full day rental, or only half? Which half? I figure we can have a leisurely lunch at the resort and camp in regular seating for a bit if we did the last half of the day. If we did the first half, maybe it would be a good time to head on over to our Universal hotel and get settled in there? I've heard horror stories about checking in to the UO resorts vs WDW's online check-in. Is there a better/worse time to arrive that would influence how we enjoy our last day at YC?

Having never gone to UO, much less split a stay in this manner, I'm interested to get others' thought on this.
I think cabanas are only being rented out for full day right now. I have a cabana booked October 4.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom