San Angel vs La Hacienda

BigHero4

Original Poster
What is the menu difference between San Angel Inn and La Hacienda? Can I simply get tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, etc. at either of the two restaurants?

BigHero4

Original Poster
Honestly, if you just want tacos and that type of thing, just go to the Cantina and save a hundred bucks.
I appreciate the quick tip. I'm sure the Cantina would get super busy (especially Thanksgiving week)? I don't see that they have mobile ordering available.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Neither is the place for american style tacos and quesadillas. I would say pick which one you want for ambiance, San Angel Inn is very cool, but seating is tighter.
and dark, very very dark....;)
But we love SAI and the wife and I love La Hacienda too, just last times it was an option on a family trip my son would not eat anything on LH menu. Now he will.

EDIT: I will add that a down fall to SAI is the service is hit or miss. We have had great visits, we have had okay visits and we have had visits were we had long waits and rarely saw our waiter. That worst one was when my parents joined us and I used my Tables In Wonderland card...... great a 18% tip (on party of 6) when it should have been much less. I did not feel like fighting about it.

JohnD

What is the menu difference between San Angel Inn and La Hacienda? Can I simply get tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, etc. at either of the two restaurants?

I'd say overall about the same but La Hacienda is a little more high end. If you're looking for ambiance go with SAI. But if you're looking for basic Mexican food, then La Cantina counter service.

JIMINYCR

We prefer La Hacienda more. San Angel is too dark. Its a good atmosphere for the volcano theming but we dont enjoy dining in the very dim lighting. The food amount plated and the food quality also pales in comparison to La Hacienda. Seating space is cramped and you feel as though you are on top of the next diners, the noise and background echoes in the space as well, not congruent to having a conversation with those you dine with. Service for us has consistently been more attentive at La Hacienda as well.

THECARISMINE

La Hacienda is actually a good restaurant while San Angel Inn is literally disappointing in everyway but it's ambiance. I'd go as far as saying La Hacienda is one of Epcot's best offerings, honestly. They are polar opposites food quality wise. If you're looking for a good meal there isn't competition. If you're just looking to drink Margaritas in dim lighting with diner quality Mexican food, then San Angel Inn is an option.

I'm not trying to hate on the original Mexico Restaurant, I have a ton of fond family memories there. It just isn't good. I still dine there, but rarely, knowing I'm paying premium for the visual experience and nothing else.

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

La Hacienda is actually a good restaurant while San Angel Inn is literally disappointing in everyway but it's ambiance. I'd go as far as saying La Hacienda is one of Epcot's best offerings, honestly. They are polar opposites food quality wise. If you're looking for a good meal their isn't competition. If you're just looking to drink Margaritas in dim lighting with diner quality Mexican food, then San Angel Inn is an option.

I'm not trying to hate on the original Mexico Restaurant, I have a ton of fond family memories there. It just isn't good. I still dine there, but rarely, knowing I'm paying premium for the visual experience and nothing else.
I would have agreed a few years ago, but I thought San Angel In much improved last visit.

OvertheHorizon

I have loved San Angel since the beginning (1983 for me). Food and portions have always been great. Our one experience at La Hacienda was not good. We were rushed, and I thought the food just so-so.

dav23

La Hacienda is fantastic and one of our favorites at Epcot. Have heard nothing but negatives about San Angel Inn.

yankspy

I am intrigued, I haven't been down since August 2020, also the last time I dined there. It's really nice to hear this, might have to give their new menu a try in December!
Ribeye tacos were excellent. I too have not been all that jazzed about their past offerings. This was the first time I was pleasantly surprised.

danyoung56

I know San Angel Inn has gotten a lot better over the past few years. They used to serve stale chips and bland salsa. Now the chips are fresh, and the 2 types of salsa are really tasty with a bit of a kick. Still, it's more about the atmosphere. Hacienda has far better food.

KellBelle

I have only been to La Hacienda. I just wanted basic tacos. They let me order off the kids menu, it was plenty of food.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
We did La Hacienda last October. The last few time at SAI was disappointing for us with the menu (the ambiance is always great, albeit a little tight). But I wanted the corn soup, which was taken off the SAI menu, but eh La Hacienda had it.

Unfortunately, because of COVID, they had a shortened menu and no corn soup last year. :(

But, the meal was fantastic. We loved every single thing we ordered. I was very happy with the meal, service, and the restaurant. So much so we are doing it again on next trip in a few weeks. Love taco's too, but if I want those, I'd use the counter service and not the sit downs.

No corn soup on the menu, but maybe they'll have a special that night... 🙏

UNCgolf

If you've lived in MX or even Texas, both of these options are a joke.

That's true of basically everything at Disney, though.

We ate at Via Napoli last time I was there and it's not even comparable to decent Italian places here in the US, much less places I've eaten in Rome, Florence, and Naples. Tutto Gusto is a bit better, but it's still nothing memorable or noteworthy even among American Italian restaurants.

Hockey89

That's true of basically everything at Disney, though.

We ate at Via Napoli last time I was there and it's not even comparable to decent Italian places here in the US, much less places I've eaten in Rome, Florence, and Naples. Tutto Gusto is a bit better, but it's still nothing memorable or noteworthy even among American Italian restaurants.
This is correct.... Via Napoli is terrible

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom