2020 TEA/AECOM Theme Index

the.dreamfinder

Very interesting to see that Magic Kingdom, which was closed for 3-3 1/2 months, didn’t see that much of a bump for being reopened for the rest of the year compared to Disneyland, which was only open for 2 1/2 months in 2020.

Disney and Shendi should be very happy with how well SHDL did last year. Seems like the park is forming an attachment with its guests.

zann285

I’m more intrigued by the fact that both EPCOT and AK did far better numbers than DHS, despite DHS having had the much more recent additions of Toy Story Land, Galaxy’s Edge, and MMRR.
I suspect that is mostly due to DHS‘s lower park capacity versus the other two. For a lot of 2020, DHS would run out of park reservations before any of the other parks. It had very high demand, but was also limited by being a relatively low capacity park. It’s still kind of surprising it faired that poorly though. It just barely beat out Disneyland, which was closed most of the year.

EPCOT-O.G.

I suspect that is mostly due to DHS‘s lower park capacity versus the other two. For a lot of 2020, DHS would run out of park reservations before any of the other parks. It had very high demand, but was also limited by being a relatively low capacity park. It’s still kind of surprising it faired that poorly though. It just barely beat out Disneyland, which was closed most of the year.
Ah yes that's a good point.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
A friend pointed this out to me elsewhere but they show Canada’s Wonderland with over a million guests, which is pretty impressive frankly for a park that was open zero days in 2020.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
A friend pointed this out to me elsewhere but they show Canada’s Wonderland with over a million guests, which is pretty impressive frankly for a park that was open zero days in 2020.

I wonder if they mixed it up with Sea World San Diego which shows zero attendance for 2020, but was presumably open for a few months at the start of the year.

Last edited:

Andrew25

They copy and pasted the previous year's rankings and randomly changed numbers.

There's no way Islands of Adventure isn't top 2 in attendance. Not only did Universal open a little earlier, but they were also attended a bit more with the ticket deals they offered last year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom