Miami to Orlando (one day return)

Fayemagic

Hi everyone!

I'm travelling to Miami in Jan and was wondering whether its worth it to go to Hollywood Studios for one day. My partner really loves star wars and I haven't been to WDW since Galaxys Edge has been added.

There are flights from Miami that land at 8:44am into Orlando, and the departing flight is 10:00pm. I feel like this would give us plenty of time as the park is open 9-9.

Buy my partner is unsure whether its worth it because it will be an extra $300 to our holiday. And that's not including eating while in the park or buying anything while their.

Opinions?

Andrew25

Hi everyone!

I'm travelling to Miami in Jan and was wondering whether its worth it to go to Hollywood Studios for one day. My partner really loves star wars and I haven't been to WDW since Galaxys Edge has been added.

There are flights from Miami that land at 8:44am into Orlando, and the departing flight is 10:00pm. I feel like this would give us plenty of time as the park is open 9-9.

Buy my partner is unsure whether its worth it because it will be an extra $300 to our holiday. And that's not including eating while in the park or buying anything while their.

Opinions?

Do it, especially if it's your only chance to do so in the near future before they raise ticket prices again lol!

Why wouldn't you just drive?

It's a 4 hour drive one way.

Upvote 0

JohnD

For that distance, I would at least stay overnight. I live in the FL big bend and my drive is only slightly longer and I don't think I would have the stamina for a day trip. That's 8-9 hours round trip drive time right there. Because you were considering a day trip anyway, if you were to stay overnight, don't bother with a WDW resort. Find something off-site nearby with a reasonable one night rate. Drive back the next day.

Upvote 0

JohnD

8 + hours in a car makes it such a long day, and that is only 8 hours if you are not stopping for any reason and if there is no traffic, the other way at least breaks down the travel a bit with rest in between

It used to be that traveling by air is quicker but @CaptainAmerica does have a point in that, in a 9-11 world, it's still around 8 hours involved in travel round trip regardless. By air, the actual travel may be shorter but you make up for it by the 1-2 hours ahead of time to get to either airport, the time spent in the airport, and the time it takes to get from the airport to your destination (whether HS or home). There is also the potential for flight delays which make travel time even longer. By car, it's the drive time.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
8 + hours in a car makes it such a long day, and that is only 8 hours if you are not stopping for any reason and if there is no traffic, the other way at least breaks down the travel a bit with rest in between
The big plusses for driving over flying are dependability, flexibility, and predictability.

While it does make for a long day, with driving, there is typically very little that will drastically impede your trip. Flying, not so much. A storm or a mechanical issue in another state can delay your plane arriving setting up a cascade of delays and cancelations. Some drunk getting belligerent with the stewardess, an increasingly more common occurrence, could have you stuck on the tarmac for an hour or more.

You can also leave as early or as late as you wish with driving.

With a timeline as tight as a single day and a near-zero difference in actual travel time between flying and driving, I would go with driving every time.

Upvote 0

Fayemagic

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice everyone, but I won't be driving anyway purely because I'm not American and car hire is almost as expensive for a 24 year old as it is for our hotel in Miami! Flights were significantly lower in price.

Upvote 0

monorail81

Hi everyone!

Opinions?
One important question…WHEN in January. They have a runDisney race weekend that might impact the crowds at WDW.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

If your partner is a SW fan... it will be worth it. I was blown away when we walked into SW land and viewed the unbelievable theming the Imagineers built all throughout the area. As always, being there and experiencing in person you get so much more details in than what youll see in photos or youtube walk throughs. For a fan to be immersed into the land its worth the price. My camera must have more pics stored up over the time we were there than ever. The food and drinks add to the experience. Bring lots of money because you arent going to want to leave without buying some of the great merchandise available. Get in early because guests move to that section of the park in mass.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom