Who's collecting Happy Meal toys?

Roger_the_pianist

Original Poster
I have:

Jaq (Magic Kingdom) gave him to my mom because Cinderella was her favorite as a kid

Bruni (Epcot) gave him to my niece because she loves Frozen

Simba (Animal Kingdom) kept him for myself

I wish I could get Joe Gardner and Miguel since I am a musician

Is anyone going for all 50? Maybe don't eat that many Happy Meals or you will get super sized 🤪

Reminds me of the 101 Dalnations promotion which I thought was so crazy as a kid but loved that you likely never got a duplicate.

The first time I came close to *collecting them all* in a series was Snow White. My cousin had the Doc toy that was missing from my collection. I was about 4 at the time. I asked her to take it to school and make a copy on the *copy machine* then she explained what a copy machine actually does 😄 maybe I predicted 3-D printing. I found a full set years later at an antique store in a freezer bag for about 8 or 10 bucks and bought it just to finally have them all.

I also loved the Epcot toys that had Mickey and Co. representing World Showcase, remember a viewmaster set of Disneyland attractions, and a wind up Jolly Trolley 😄

JIMINYCR

I’ve started. Got Lady and Genie. I don’t know that I’ll go for all fifty. There are certain ones I will want more than others. Jiminy and Pluto for sure I’ll be looking for. That’s a lot of happy meals to chow down on. Don’t think I’m willing to pay for just the toys either to get the entire set. But I’ll see how many I will get before I decide enough is enough.

Roger_the_pianist

Original Poster
Oh I did get the entire set of the MMRR collectibles before they disappeared from McDonalds.
I loved these 🤗 i was satisfied when i got Donald in the teacup 🍵

Pluto in the Jungle Cruise boat was super cute.

I teach piano and get a happy meal now and then to add the toy to my prize box for kiddos, but of course I keep the best ones for myself 🤪

I went to Taco Bell recently and the drive thru worker saw several toys in my dashboard shelf, was super excited, so I let her pick one. It was funny that I was the customer but I gave HER a toy 😄

She freaked out over the Ron Gone Wrong and I had no idea what it was but later saw a TikTok that it interacts with an app. I still have one and need to try it out.

Kayls814

In the Parks
No
I totally lucked out and got Mickey! I haven't yet opened it, because who knows what could happen in a few years right? Will some one want to buy him for $20.00 when I paid $4.00 for a happy meal? But yet again, how cute will he look on my desk!

aliceismad

I have:

Jaq (Magic Kingdom) gave him to my mom because Cinderella was her favorite as a kid

Bruni (Epcot) gave him to my niece because she loves Frozen
Awww. Bruni is the one my kid really wants. She got Frozone on Tuesday. I would like to have Jaq but I do have him as a Tsum Tsum.

I don't have any old Mickey toys, but I do have a complete set of Star Wars toys from Taco Bell when it was re-released in the late 90s. I may have worked there are the time.

Roger_the_pianist

Original Poster
As a kid when I found out you can ASK which particular toys they have that day, I felt like I had figured out a great secret of the universe. But with 50 different ones I imagine they have 10 or 15 at the same time. Especially if you go in to the counter to order and try to be mindful of how busy they are, usually they will let you pick your own instead of going off luck. I wouldn't ask this at the drive thru unless they were not super busy.

I was headed to England for the summer when Toy Story 4 was out, and had been trying to get Woody, and it occured to me the night before I left [because you know, I'm a grown up] *this is my LAST CHANCE to get that toy in a happy meal* (not knowing the toy distribution situation in the UK)

I took a break from packing at about 10 that night to get a Happy Meal, and sure enough...there was Woody. God Bless America, or something.

I got a Happy Meal one day in London just to see what the toy was and it seems they might run *behind* because it was Secret Life of Pets which had been out month ago in the states.

Share your Happy Meal stories!

JIMINYCR

As a kid when I found out you can ASK which particular toys they have that day, I felt like I had figured out a great secret of the universe. But with 50 different ones I imagine they have 10 or 15 at the same time. Especially if you go in to the counter to order and try to be mindful of how busy they are, usually they will let you pick your own instead of going off luck.
Each McDonalds will get an allotment of toys and can vary from area to area. We ask which ones they have on hand and they have always accommodated us by giving us the one we want to avoid getting multiple of ones we already have. We have 3 McDonalds around us and they can have different assortments of toys they put into happy meals.

Roger_the_pianist

Original Poster
The Happy Meal App has some fun games with lots of Easter Eggs for Disneyworld 50th, such as a match game, a strategy game directing beams of starlight from Spaceship Earth, and a game where you design Goofy's train to complete an obstacle. The games are a lot like a digital, expanded version of activities on a Happy Meal box.

There are also Snap Chat esque filters where you can be Mickey or a golden Daisy.

I downloaded the app to see the interactive features for Ron's Gone Wrong, which were super impressive. If you have a Ron's Gone Wrong toy, this is a must see because it brings your toy to *life* through a simple projection inside.

These features really feel like the future 🤪

Minnesota disney fan

Well, I'm about to tell you all how old I am, LOL.
My kids had ALOT of Mcdonalds toys in the 70's. We took them once a week just for the toys.
Over the years I have given them away, or? I just looked real quick in my dresser and found only one, "A Bugs Life" pocket watch in it's original case in excellent condition. I'm going to look some more later because my curiosity is peaked. I never thought those cheap, but cute toys would be worth anything at all:rolleyes:

aliceismad

Well, I'm about to tell you all how old I am, LOL.
My kids had ALOT of Mcdonalds toys in the 70's. We took them once a week just for the toys.
Over the years I have given them away, or? I just looked real quick in my dresser and found only one, "A Bugs Life" pocket watch in it's original case in excellent condition. I'm going to look some more later because my curiosity is peaked. I never thought those cheap, but cute toys would be worth anything at all:rolleyes:

Roger_the_pianist

Original Poster
I just took 5 or 6 toys I've collected over several months to my niece who has been quarantined from Kindergarten (for the second time this school year) and you would have thought it was Christmas morning 🤪

There was even a Raya and the Last Dragon toy in my little collection.

The Ron's Gone Wrong toy interacting with the app had her mesmerized for over an hour while I visited with her mom.

I've been vaccinated so felt ok visiting and these toys really brightened up her day.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We started strong but it has fizzled. Especially after we got 6 Mad Hatters in a row. The McDonald’s near us is being fussy, we can’t just buy the toys and they gave my husband a hard time when he requested different toys that they admitted they had. When he requested the different toys he was their only customer, so I think giving him a hard time about it was uncalled for. It wasn’t like they were busy with customers. But if anyone wants to trade for a Mad Hatter let me know.

MickeyCB

We have 2 Jiminy Crickets, Woody, and Piglet.
I only really wanted Mickey (and the rest of the fab)! And the Cheshire Cat.
I am going to have to do what I did with the train and that is buy them on ebay because I can't and shouldn't eat that many happy meals! 🤣

Figments Friend

Last week I arrived bright and early to my local McDonald's near where I work on the first day of the promotion.
So early, they didn't even have any of the signage up yet for the WDW 50th promotion.
Stepped up and asked what figures they currently had in, and the manager went out back and photographed the cases they had.
I had eight figures to choose from, and bought five - Two of Mickey, and a Flounder, Timothy, and Abu.
They gladly allow me to buy just the toys, and not the full meals.

Returned today after work and asked again, and was presented with BOTH Lady and Tramp.
Score.

This past weekend I was with friends and we stopped by another McDonald's location.
I asked about the toys, and they showed me the three they had - Edna Mode, Rocket, and Jiminy Cricket.
When I pointed to Rocket and Jiminy and said I'd like to buy those, they declined the sell them to me without buying an entire Happy Meal.
Being vegetarian, and there being nothing in the box I can eat, meant no dice.
My friend ordered a meal however...and ended up getting Edna.
The one I didn't care for...go figure....but my friend gave it to me regardless since she knew I was looking for them.

Some locations can be accommodating and totally open to just selling you the toys.
All McDonald's have this option on their check out screens...and yes, you CAN buy just the toys.
About $2 each.
Some other locations however try to squeeze sales out of you...and insist you buy the Happy Meal with food.
Just go to another location....

Im not trying to collect the set....just interested in certain characters.
I have yet to have been able to get one of the 50th WDW Happy Meal Boxes, which I'd like to get at some point.
My local McD's didn't get the shipment ( I've asked...) and I can see them using the generic boxes still even in Week 2.

I'll be back next week to see what they have to offer.
Characters I'm looking for are 50th Minnie ( to go with my 50th Mickey )
Stitch, Tinkerbell, Chershire Cat, Simba, Jaq, Gus, and 50th Goofy.

-

Last edited:

Figments Friend

We started strong but it has fizzled. Especially after we got 6 Mad Hatters in a row. The McDonald’s near us is being fussy, we can’t just buy the toys and they gave my husband a hard time when he requested different toys that they admitted they had. When he requested the different toys he was their only customer, so I think giving him a hard time about it was uncalled for. It wasn’t like they were busy with customers. But if anyone wants to trade for a Mad Hatter let me know.

Ooo...I might be interested in a trade.
:)

Are their particular characters you are looking for?

When I get some 'doubles' I can make a offer.

-

RScottyL

Just a tip....

If you did not know, you can purchase just the toys and not the whole happy meal!

Starting Sept 25 and going through Oct 1, you WILL want to purchase one AND make sure you do it using the McDonalds app on your phone so you can be registered for the WDW Prize:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ation-comes-to-mcdonalds-with-50-unique-toys/

"Ready for another reason to celebrate? From Sept. 25 through Oct. 1, McDonald’s is giving guests the opportunity to enter for a chance to win one of 25 vacations for four to Walt Disney World Resort to experience the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort! Guests can purchase a Happy Meal via McDonald’s digital app and automatically be entered. Families can also enjoy fun and engaging games at home as part of this Happy Meal program through McDonald’s Happy Meal App."

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Just a tip....

If you did not know, you can purchase just the toys and not the whole happy meal!

Starting Sept 25 and going through Oct 1, you WILL want to purchase one AND make sure you do it using the McDonalds app on your phone so you can be registered for the WDW Prize:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ation-comes-to-mcdonalds-with-50-unique-toys/

"Ready for another reason to celebrate? From Sept. 25 through Oct. 1, McDonald’s is giving guests the opportunity to enter for a chance to win one of 25 vacations for four to Walt Disney World Resort to experience the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort! Guests can purchase a Happy Meal via McDonald’s digital app and automatically be entered. Families can also enjoy fun and engaging games at home as part of this Happy Meal program through McDonald’s Happy Meal App."

Good to know about the app. But not every McDonald’s will let you just buy the toy. That is up to the individual store, all the McDonald’s near us make us buy the meal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom