Dinosaur Chase Scene

disneyblondie15

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I tried posting this in the “How do they do that?” forum, but I haven’t gotten any replies on it, so I’ll ask it here. Does anyone have any lights-on pictures of the scene in Dinosaur where the Carnotaurus chases the Time Rover, like the mechanics of the track that the dino is on, or any lights-on pictures of Dinosaur for that matter? I’m just curious to see if it’s a full dino or if it’s half a dino on a stick chasing you hahaha

Cmdr_Crimson

I tried posting this in the “How do they do that?” forum, but I haven’t gotten any replies on it, so I’ll ask it here. Does anyone have any lights-on pictures of the scene in Dinosaur where the Carnotaurus chases the Time Rover, like the mechanics of the track that the dino is on, or any lights-on pictures of Dinosaur for that matter? I’m just curious to see if it’s a full dino or if it’s half a dino on a stick chasing you hahaha
Well, there is this photo...
Dinosaur_Full_2688.jpg

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
The origins of Groot!
Joking aside there are a few instances in the ride where the monotony of plants could be replaced with other things to showcase. A giant mound of some kind, dino nest with eggs, some ancient alien looking flowers. Something! Maybe they could clone a few props from NRJ and no one would be none the wiser. Give it some color if you can't give us more dinos.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Joking aside they're a few instances in the ride where the monotony of plants could be replaced with other things to showcase. A giant mound of some kind, dino nest with eggs, some ancient alien looking flowers. Something! Maybe they could clone a few props from NRJ and no one would be none the wiser. Give it some color if you can't give us more dinos.
Problem Is..You drive by it so quickly you wouldn't be able to see it....I still have a hard time catching a glimpse of the attacking baby pterodactyls before the big one comes..

Movielover

Well, there is this photo...
Dinosaur_Full_2688.jpg
This is a picture of the first Carno encounter.

This video has a pretty good view at the beginning.

You can see in the video the extent of the track and space that the Carno moves forward, reaching the end of the track just as the Time Rover passes by.

I love seeing these AA's up close, that final Carno AA is huge! I wish it sill moved as well as it did when the ride opened.

Movielover

Yeah, having a person stand by it shows how massive it is..
vmcmm8pr8pk31.jpg

And here's an image of it on the track it lunges from...
Dinosaur_Full_2696.jpg
I wasn't even talking about that one. That's just a head and torso on a sled. I was talking about the full body Carno when it takes your picture. THAT is one heck of a AA. And was originally the final Carno encounter before they replaced the meteor at the end with the head on a sled.

What happened to the movement? I’m guessing it’s just due to the age of the attraction.
Yeah most of the AAs in the ride have toned down movements due to age. They really used to move fluidly alot more when the ride opened.

Cmdr_Crimson

I wasn't even talking about that one. That's just a head and torso on a sled. I was talking about the full body Carno when it takes your picture. THAT is one heck of a AA. And was originally the final Carno encounter before they replaced the meteor at the end with the head on a sled.
Sheesh..Next time when you say Final Carnotaurous say the full size one by the camera instead..🙄

Movielover

Sheesh..Next time when you say Final Carnotaurous say the full size one by the camera instead..🙄
Hang on now I was not criticizing or calling you out. I was just clarifying that I meant the full body Carno. No need to loose our cool here, we both love the same ride. I'm sorry if it came across as argumentative I just get really excited about this ride.

disneyblondie15

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I don’t want to make a new thread and annoy people, but does anyone have any pictures or videos of the moving compsognathus animatronics? i’ve been looking forever hahahah

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom