Entertainment News

Goofyernmost

Considering the Boardwalk at Disney is modeled after a boardwalk from New Jersey and Coney Island. This is rather in theme to the actual ones.
WDW is a place of fantasy and theme. There my still be a boardwalk in New Jersey and Coney Island but this one is supposed to be themed as a boardwalk of the 1920's not a current one. The thing is if one wants a boardwalk of today, they go to New Jersey and/or Coney Island where today is, by necessity in your face. If you want the atmosphere of the first half of the 20th century you go to WDW for that.

Gringrinngghost

WDW is a place of fantasy and theme. There my still be a boardwalk in New Jersey and Coney Island but this one is supposed to be themed as a boardwalk of the 1920's not a current one. The thing is if one wants a boardwalk of today, they go to New Jersey and/or Coney Island where today is, by necessity in your face. If you want the atmosphere of the first half of the 20th century you go to WDW for that.
Gotcha…

Disney bring in a side show then! I know where you can get people…

With this, now y’all have people complain and start a petition that it’s not modern enough…

dreday3

They need a different venue. No costumes are going to make hip hop work on a 1930s boardwalk.

The only live music that should go there is a jazz orchestra or maybe a barbershop quartet. Hip hop, rock, etc. have no place there and really screw up the whole vibe. It was one of the most relaxing places you can go in the evenings at Disney.

I know I have a lot of relatively negative things to say about current Disney, but this is one of the few I've seen that actually completely ruins an experience I enjoy. It's like a personal attack!

I thought they were singing Disney songs?

Look at the crazy popularity of the soundtrack for Encanto - that's "modern" Disney music and people love it. If they looked a bit more cohesive in their wardrobe, I don't see the issue.

Now, I personally can't stand acapella groups, so this would not be something I'd enjoy. :D

ToTBellHop

Yes all the time. Never really noticed period specific costumes on any entertainment myself
Seriously? You’ve never seen the juggler or magician? Those are some of my favorite memories here as a kid and I loved sharing these experiences with my kids before the pandemic.

Have the juggler or magician returned yet? If we are paying for entertainment again, pay for those. They always get a big crowd.

This group could add some cool atmosphere in the largely-unused remains of Streets of America.

dreday3

Seriously? You’ve never seen the juggler or magician? Those are some of my favorite memories here as a kid and I loved sharing these experiences with my kids before the pandemic.

Have the juggler or magician returned yet? If we are paying for entertainment again, pay for those. They always get a big crowd.

This group could add some cool atmosphere in the largely-unused remains of Streets of America.

Some of those performers are back, at least a few times during the week. Or so I've read.

jrhwdw

Here's an idea!!!! Let's get Dates for the Spectaculars the are supposed to return this year before WDW has another DJ Man Bun on MK's Train Station Fiasco!!!!

PTN would be a welcome surprise also!!!

UNCgolf

I thought they were singing Disney songs?

Look at the crazy popularity of the soundtrack for Encanto - that's "modern" Disney music and people love it. If they looked a bit more cohesive in their wardrobe, I don't see the issue.

Now, I personally can't stand acapella groups, so this would not be something I'd enjoy. :D

My issue is that it doesn't fit the theme of the area. Any kind of modern music is going to feel out of place there, regardless of where it comes from.

It's like if they were having a Star Wars meet and greet in Liberty Square.

Centauri Space Station

Yes I remember them well! Last time I went there in November, there was an act with some neon jump ropes.

Goofyernmost

My issue is that it doesn't fit the theme of the area. Any kind of modern music is going to feel out of place there, regardless of where it comes from.

It's like if they were having a Star Wars meet and greet in Liberty Square.
How about country western in England or perhaps the Beatles in American adventure.

Dranth

Have your tried Voctave? They are mostly made up of ex/current members of VoL. Pretty amazing what they can do. Normally I wouldn't suggest someone spend much time in the cesspool that YouTube has turned into but anyone who hasn't seen/heard some of their Disney arrangements (or Broadway tunes) should give them a try.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Have your tried Voctave? They are mostly made up of ex/current members of VoL. Pretty amazing what they can do. Normally I wouldn't suggest someone spend much time in the cesspool that YouTube has turned into but anyone who hasn't seen/heard some of their Disney arrangements (or Broadway tunes) should give them a try.

Voctave is awesome!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom