Entertainment News

CntrlFlPete

I have several friends that perform live music at DS. They all perform outdoors, but they were also told to stay away from songs that would make people want to sing along or dance. They were also told to cut their sets short if too big of a crowd formed.
to me, the crazy/sad in all of this -- well, walk down main street in the afternoon and see all the folks waiting on 'the parade'

jrhwdw

Don't you dare try to sing along with Yehaa Bob!

Seriously, what honestly is the point of this? Disney is deluding themselves if they think people won't sing along. Are they going to also tell the people at Jellyrolls not to sing along?

Yeah, that lasted long! The room was full energy since Bob walked in about 8:05!!! And the crowd started singing when Bob did Mickey Mouse March! Hopefully TDO knows how special this night is!

mikejs78

Premium Member
That's hilariously stupid, considering they aren't going to draw crowds remotely close to what happens inside the Disney parks/shops.
Some of you may have noticed from other threads that I'm pretty much on record of being highly in favor of proper COVID protocols, as supported by scientific data.

But this is extremely dumb. Outdoor transmission is not a thing.

Repeat after me.

Outdoor.

Transmission.

Is.

Not.

A.

Thing.

All the scientific data supports that idea. I can see doing something like that in an enclosed lounge, but not outside at Epcot or Springs.

bcoachable

I jumped on the “Bob” stream for a few minutes last night- while I was on, the stream hit over 2000 viewers! The house was Rockin!
Hey TWDC- Entertainment seems to me to be a worthwhile (and relatively inexpensive) investment to keep the park peeps pleased… (I know…. crazy thought for an entertainment company, right??)
Might you guys re-consider your decision on the Citizens of Hollywood?

ToTBellHop

I jumped on the “Bob” stream for a few minutes last night- while I was on, the stream hit over 2000 viewers! The house was Rockin!
Hey TWDC- Entertainment seems to me to be a worthwhile (and relatively inexpensive) investment to keep the park peeps pleased… (I know…. crazy thought for an entertainment company, right??)
The Citizens will return…eventually. The phased reopening from the four-month Covid closure will apparently last 14 years.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I imagine they sold lots of drinks last night and probably made a hefty profit. You'd think they'd realize the connection.

Last edited:

bcoachable

Refreshing this to mention that The Citizens of Hollywood are missed. The atmosphere on Sunset is missing the human touch that they added. IF Disney has actually decided that these guys aren’t coming back, shame on them. At this point, I am not sure the Citizens would even want to come back, being burned by the decision makers like this. Please don’t continue to use COVID as an excuse to not “Make Magic”. Conversations with a co worker (who is not a Disney nut, just an occasional visitor) told me today at lunch that without special touches, like the Citizens, the parks just become any old six flags… so the avg. guest IS beginning to notice.
These poor decisions in total will have a negative impact on this company, eventually.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Refreshing this to mention that The Citizens of Hollywood are missed. The atmosphere on Sunset is missing the human touch that they added. IF Disney has actually decided that these guys aren’t coming back, shame on them. At this point, I am not sure the Citizens would even want to come back, being burned by the decision makers like this. Please don’t continue to use COVID as an excuse to not “Make Magic”. Conversations with a co worker (who is not a Disney nut, just an occasional visitor) told me today at lunch that without special touches, like the Citizens, the parks just become any old six flags… so the avg. guest IS beginning to notice.
These poor decisions in total will have a negative impact on this company, eventually.
They will be back but don't look for them in the next 90 days.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
I do hope that they put something in the main area in front of MMRR. I know the side of it was being used for the line, but that whole open area in front of that during the hours that they arent doing the projection show, is just so empty. So much could be done there, including the Citizens, A band like Mulch, Sweat & Shears, or something else. Right now it just looks like this big empty area. Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom