News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to begin Standby September 23rd

And still no international guests remember, I was supposed to be there for the 50th but the whole (waves hands around) happened so no go :(
There were loads of Brazilians there this past week. Yes even tour groups. I wondered when that opened up?

FWIW standby for Rise was amazing as we waited only 15 minutes (50 minutes posted) one night and 30 minutes another (60minutes posted). I am sure though Disney will fix this soon and inflate it somehow (reduce capacity etc.) to make the Genie Plus thing more appealing so others will buy into it. Currently I can see it of value though when the masses seem to come around 11am to 3pm, if that is your desired time to ride it.

Last edited:

RoadiJeff

So, what happened with ROTR being down yesterday evening? I occasionally check the map wait times and it looked like it was closed for the entire evening.

Figments Friend

I was finally able to expereince this Attraction a couple of days ago.
Hooray for no 'virtual queue'!
My prior visit had me shut out of having the chance.

Waited about 30 minutes, then once I reached the holding room with all the Storm Troopers the ride went 101.
Everyone was lead outside, and given a recovery option to return later in the day.
Did so, and waited maybe ten minutes.

Attraction was great fun, and definately one of the more unique experiences.
Only down side was the Kylo AA was non-operational in the climatic final scene, which was a bummer as I'm a big Animatronics fan.
Everything else looked great though....so it was pure win.

-

Figments Friend

It seems like waiting for the morning frenzy to end and going in the calmer afternoon is a better strategy than going right at open.

As far as 'RoTR' goes, yes.
The later you wait in the day/ evening, the shorter the wait.

When I visited DHS a couple of days ago, listed wait time was 65 minutes.
I came back later in the day and it was 30.
Closer to closing time it was probably even less.

-

RoadiJeff

So, I've been noticing on the map wait times the past several days that RotR has been down in the evening. Anyone know if they're shutting it down early so they can have more time to do repairs or something throughout the night?

This kind of makes me rethink my plans when I visit HS next Wednesday and skip RotR early in the day when the wait time is long and get in line later in the day.

Cesar R M

Just came back from my trip, can confirm.. almost all the people were on mine train, mermaid and the shopping.
Almost all rides were sub 30 minute waits.

Longest wait was on mermaid, seems everyone went there after dwarves went down for the second time.

Cesar R M

So, I've been noticing on the map wait times the past several days that RotR has been down in the evening. Anyone know if they're shutting it down early so they can have more time to do repairs or something throughout the night?

This kind of makes me rethink my plans when I visit HS next Wednesday and skip RotR early in the day when the wait time is long and get in line later in the day.
I rode it right before the "night spectacular".
They were closing the area... was a walk on despite saying 30 minutes wait time.

BoardwalkGlenn

So, what happened with ROTR being down yesterday evening? I occasionally check the map wait times and it looked like it was closed for the entire evening.
I was in HS on Tuesday with the plan of going to RotR in the evening. At one point it was down but did come back again. Got in line somewhere between 6:30-7pm with an 80 minute posted wait time but it ended up being 35 minutes.

RoadiJeff

Thanks for the RotR updates. I'm flying to Disney, leaving in about 5 hours (flight leaves at 6:00am), and I'll soon get to experience firsthand the new standby line queue. It's good to read that the posted wait times on the Disney Experience map are somewhat inflated.

I had the virtual queue boarding group routine down pretty good with a few tricks I discovered but I guess I can toss that to the side. However, it can still come in handy for a boarding pass to Remy's on the day I visit Epcot.

RoadiJeff

I think this will be our strategy in mid November
You're risking having it go down only to not be back for the rest of the evening. I've seen it happen several times recently. I will be visiting HS tomorrow (Wednesday) and our original plan was to wait until later in the day for RotR. Now, we're going to get in line as soon as we arrive to be sure and not miss it.

plawren2

You're risking having it go down only to not be back for the rest of the evening. I've seen it happen several times recently. I will be visiting HS tomorrow (Wednesday) and our original plan was to wait until later in the day for RotR. Now, we're going to get in line as soon as we arrive to be sure and not miss it.
except not interested in the crowd rush and then 2 hour wait-and it could still go down

RoadiJeff

except not interested in the crowd rush and then 2 hour wait-and it could still go down
It's only a 2 hour wait if you're toward the back of the initial crowd rush. We are going to be standing at the gate by 7:30am tomorrow for the 9:00am opening. I know the early opening resort park guests will already be in there but it won't be as bad as if we waited until the park opens to everyone before showing up.

We stood in line at 4:00am the first week when RotR initially opened, so I'm used to early morning waits for this fabulous attraction. Whatever it takes to get it done.

plawren2

It's only a 2 hour wait if you're toward the back of the initial crowd rush. We are going to be standing at the gate by 7:30am tomorrow for the 9:00am opening. I know the early opening resort park guests will already be in there but it won't be as bad as if we waited until the park opens to everyone before showing up.

We stood in line at 4:00am the first week when RotR initially opened, so I'm used to early morning waits for this fabulous attraction. Whatever it takes to get it done.
nope, we get access into park at 830a but already seeing immediate wait of 2 hrs, willing to take chance we can ride in early evening with one hr or less wait

RoadiJeff

nope, we get access into park at 830a but already seeing immediate wait of 2 hrs, willing to take chance we can ride in early evening with one hr or less wait
Good luck with that. I was in the park all day yesterday and saw the standby line go from 80 minutes at 8:45 all the way up to 160 minutes, which wasn't that far off our actual wait of 155 minutes at 9:10. I also saw RotR go down several times in the early evening. It came back up but I've seen it go down and stay down once it goes down in the evening. Evening hours were 90+ minutes when it was running.

plawren2

Good luck with that. I was in the park all day yesterday and saw the standby line go from 80 minutes at 8:45 all the way up to 160 minutes, which wasn't that far off our actual wait of 155 minutes at 9:10. I also saw RotR go down several times in the early evening. It came back up but I've seen it go down and stay down once it goes down in the evening. Evening hours were 90+ minutes when it was running.
we will see, also could go down at 930a while in a two hour wait... if it goes down later in day and we missing riding, so be it...nothing we can do about that.... but I don't see us getting to park gate at 7am for a 830a opening, fighting mass of hundreds to the entrance while hoping not to still have 90 min wait.

RoadiJeff

we will see, also could go down at 930a while in a two hour wait... if it goes down later in day and we missing riding, so be it...nothing we can do about that.... but I don't see us getting to park gate at 7am for a 830a opening, fighting mass of hundreds to the entrance while hoping not to still have 90 min wait.
Unless you have an Uber dropping you off they will not even let you into the parking lot before 7:30am. We discovered that the other morning as we had to circle around and stop 1/2 mile up the road from the parking toll gate with our flashers on, acting like we had car trouble, until 7:30. Several other vehicles were doing the same thing.

Yes, RotR could go down at 9:30am but it has a much better chance of coming back up sometime later in the day than if someone waits until 2 hours before the park closes before jumping in line and having it go down then. I personally wouldn't (and didn't) risk it. The other 6 people in our group had never experienced RotR and they thoroughly loved it.

plawren2

Unless you have an Uber dropping you off they will not even let you into the parking lot before 7:30am. We discovered that the other morning as we had to circle around and stop 1/2 mile up the road from the parking toll gate with our flashers on, acting like we had car trouble, until 7:30. Several other vehicles were doing the same thing.

Yes, RotR could go down at 9:30am but it has a much better chance of coming back up sometime later in the day than if someone waits until 2 hours before the park closes before jumping in line and having it go down then. I personally wouldn't (and didn't) risk it. The other 6 people in our group had never experienced RotR and they thoroughly loved it.
we are staying on site, so could simply take bus from resort at 7am

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom