Pre-Trip If she can do it so can I!

Apparently I steal other peoples ideas.

First it was @Tuvalu and her mother daughter trips. Now, after reading @kimberlymautz impromptu pre trip report I've decided why the hell not.

After reading @kimberlymautz report for kicks I looked to see what flights were and was surprised at the prices but not so surprised because it was Spirit Airlines. I then went to the DisneyWorld site and found that I could really make this happen. So what did Teresa do? Teresa booked a trip to DISNEY!

First it was just going to be me: Teresa

LVDE8049.JPG

And my oldest Emily:

CDQD7140.JPG

We had decided on this trip in just a few hours. Now I had to tell my other half. While trying to tell him I was going to go on a little mini trip without him he let me know that, "um... hey, I want to go". Now you have to understand. He likes Disney relaxing trips not Disney rush around the Park trips. I explained this to him and he was still wanting to go and since he's been nice lately I thought that he deserved to go.

So, Joe will be joining us (he can't take a serious picture whatsoever) :

IMG_4942.JPG

@fractal I doubled checked, that is Joe's pointer finger not his middle.

IMG_E4863.JPG

The when: September 25-28th

The where: All Stars Movies - I keep saying I won't stay in a value again but honestly the values are nice. The only thing I don't care for is when we are on a "relaxing" trip I want a more relaxed pool area with a little less screaming and palm trees and ambience and palm trees and beautiful walkways. I love the landscaping of some of the moderates and deluxe resorts, but I digress.

The other where: This is our first "half trip" due to work and other commitments we will be going to just two parks. Emily picked. Epcot and Animal Kingdom. I know, I know but what do I do.

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Yeaaaaahhh!

Excited Lets Go GIF by Mind Pump Media

Last minute trips are the best! Have fun!
I've always wanted to do one but didn't think I actually would. So excited!! 9 DAYS!!

This sounds like a lot of fun.

AK and EP only?

Leonardo Dicaprio Calvin Candie GIF
I'm really going to miss Magic Kingdom and I would love to ride Mickey's runaway railway but I let her pick. Silly me. I do love Animal Kingdom and never have a problem spending a day there.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
My last trip was a mother daughter trip with Emily in October 2019. I'm honestly going to say that even though I read trip reports I really haven't been following along with rules, new ride opening, food issues so I only have 9 days to figure it all out. I know from @Darstarr that eating is hard, I know you have to wear masks indoors, and I know I'm going to miss Ratatouille by a few days. Other than that I'm a little lost.

Can any of you regulators
Drunk Emilio Estevez GIF by Young Guns

Wild West Eating GIF by Morgan Creek

Sorry, when I typed regulars I immediately thought of Regulators which made me think of the movie Young Guns which is one of my favorites... I mean Dirty Steve is the best.

Digressing again... Can any of you regular visitors give any tips on:
Quick service dining/mobile ordering
All the construction in Epcot
Best foods at food and wine
Magic Bands/Genie+
Do we arrive early or at scheduled park opening?
Magical Express

Songbird76

Apparently I steal other peoples ideas.

First it was @Tuvalu and her mother daughter trips. Now, after reading @kimberlymautz impromptu pre trip report I've decided why the hell not.

After reading @kimberlymautz report for kicks I looked to see what flights were and was surprised at the prices but not so surprised because it was Spirit Airlines. I then went to the DisneyWorld site and found that I could really make this happen. So what did Teresa do? Teresa booked a trip to DISNEY!

First it was just going to be me: Teresa

View attachment 587321

And my oldest Emily:

View attachment 587318

We had decided on this trip in just a few hours. Now I had to tell my other half. While trying to tell him I was going to go on a little mini trip without him he let me know that, "um... hey, I want to go". Now you have to understand. He likes Disney relaxing trips not Disney rush around the Park trips. I explained this to him and he was still wanting to go and since he's been nice lately I thought that he deserved to go.

So, Joe will be joining us (he can't take a serious picture whatsoever) :

View attachment 587319

@fractal I doubled checked, that is Joe's pointer finger not his middle.

View attachment 587320

The when: September 25-28th

The where: All Stars Movies - I keep saying I won't stay in a value again but honestly the values are nice. The only thing I don't care for is when we are on a "relaxing" trip I want a more relaxed pool area with a little less screaming and palm trees and ambience and palm trees and beautiful walkways. I love the landscaping of some of the moderates and deluxe resorts, but I digress.

The other where: This is our first "half trip" due to work and other commitments we will be going to just two parks. Emily picked. Epcot and Animal Kingdom. I know, I know but what do I do.
Exciting!! How old is Emily? She has such a warm smile! She looks like she would make a great Disney travel companion!

Songbird76

My last trip was a mother daughter trip with Emily in October 2019. I'm honestly going to say that even though I read trip reports I really haven't been following along with rules, new ride opening, food issues so I only have 9 days to figure it all out. I know from @Darstarr that eating is hard, I know you have to wear masks indoors, and I know I'm going to miss Ratatouille by a few days. Other than that I'm a little lost.

Can any of you regulators
Drunk Emilio Estevez GIF by Young Guns

Wild West Eating GIF by Morgan Creek

Sorry, when I typed regulars I immediately thought of Regulators which made me think of the movie Young Guns which is one of my favorites... I mean Dirty Steve is the best.

Digressing again... Can any of you regular visitors give any tips on:
Quick service dining/mobile ordering
All the construction in Epcot
Best foods at food and wine
Magic Bands/Genie+
Do we arrive early or at scheduled park opening?
Magical Express
I'm not sure when Genie+ starts, BUT I heard just a few minutes ago that they are getting rid of Boarding Groups for Rise of the Resistance to start with Lightning Lanes on the 23rd. So you may want to see if Genie+ will be a "thing" while you're there and whether you want to pay for it or not. They did say it would debut in September, and as that's the last week of September, I'm guessing it must be coming up soon. I know you won't be at HS, but there are surely some rides at both Epcot and AK that will use lightning lanes too, and who knows how the new system will affect the standby lines?

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Exciting!! How old is Emily? She has such a warm smile! She looks like she would make a great Disney travel companion!
Emily is so much fun to hang around with. She loves going places and doing different things. She hates having a day off with nothing to do, I try to get her to slow down but its not how she's wired. My trip in 2019 was with just Emily and we had a great time. This will be the first time just the 3 of us have been to Disney. Emily and Joe have the same sense of humor and I don't get it. They will be laughing at something and show me and I just don't get it but watching them have that connection and watching them together makes me very happy. My other two kids even us all out. They are both in college and can't make this one. So I'm not sure how the dynamics of this trip will be. I'm sure I'll be outvoted more than once. :)

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
8 Days to go!

Saturday: We will fly out Saturday the 25th and arrive in Orlando at 5pm. Since we are flying Spirit (please pray for us) I tried to keep costs down so each of will only be bringing a backpack so there will be no extra fees. I keep telling myself that I can put 3 days worth of clothes and toiletries into a backpack. We'll then head to Disney Springs for some food and drinks and soak in all the Disneyness.

Sunday: This will be our Epcot day. Emily will want to be there from open to close 11:00am to 10:00pm. Joe will want to go back to the resort to relax. We'll see who wins. I know Sunday might be busier due to food and wine but there is a reason for my choice.

Monday: Animal Kingdom. Our family loves Animal Kingdom. For some it's a park to skip, for my family it's everyone's first or second pick. It closes at 7:00pm. I'm sad that Nemo is closed but was happy to see it will open again in the future.

Tuesday: Our flight leaves at 6:40am which means ME will be picking us up before we are fulling awake. I thought that if we did AK the day before we "might" actually get to bed sooner and therefore get enough sleep. We'll see.

I'm so excited and still can't believe we are taking a last minute trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom