Breakfast? Thoughts on Trattoria Al Forno?

dreday3

Original Poster
I'm not a big breakfast person, but one of the people we are traveling with is.

So one morning we want to do a nice it down. He liked Kona, but their breakfast menu is so scaled down it's not worth the travel time.
We are staying at Gran Destino, so there's Rix which seems fine. Everyone but me is very anti-buffet, so Boma is out.

But then I looked at Trattoria Al Forno's breakfast menu and it seemed to have interesting items.
It's ala-carte, no characters, which is what we want. And then we can walk over to Epcot and make it for opening.

Anyone eat here for breakfast? Thoughts?

Po'Rich

So one morning we want to do a nice it down. He liked Kona, but their breakfast menu is so scaled down it's not worth the travel time.
We are staying at Gran Destino, so there's Rix which seems fine. Everyone but me is very anti-buffet, so Boma is out.

But then I looked at Trattoria Al Forno's breakfast menu and it seemed to have interesting items.
It's ala-carte, no characters, which is what we want. And then we can walk over to Epcot and make it for opening.

I had breakfast there back in August (was staying at Boardwalk). I thought it was a perfectly fine meal. We had breakfast there on the last day and it was a pleasant close to our trip.

dreday3

Original Poster
I had breakfast there back in August (was staying at Boardwalk). I thought it was a perfectly fine meal. We had breakfast there on the last day and it was a pleasant close to our trip.

Thank you!

The poached eggs with the polenta and crusty bread sounds delicious!!! Or even the breakfast pizza.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

For the love of all that is holy, don't eat at Rix.

Smiley/OCD

We ate there pre-covid...they had a b'fast calzone on the menu which was the best b'fast I've ever had at Disney....sadly, because of the reduced menu, they no longer offer it. The rest of the family liked it as well.

JohnD

I'm doing the same thing. I have an ADR there on my checkout day. I hear it's good.

dreday3

Original Poster
No Rix, noted.

...are the watchos good though? waffles fries with queso and toppings, I mean, how could it be bad? :D

Last edited:
Breakfast is something I really enjoy while on vacation. I enjoyed the pancakes with fruit compote at Trattoria, and my husband loved the steak. I also like nearby “Ale and Compass” at Yacht Club. I get the dark chocolate waffles with cherries and mascarpone there.

mattpeto

Grain of salt please...

I asked the host a couple of weeks ago when he expected characters to return. He said he heard "August". Fingers crossed, this was a great little experience with the characters for our family.

RememberWhen

Grain of salt please...

I asked the host a couple of weeks ago when he expected characters to return. He said he heard "August". Fingers crossed, this was a great little experience with the characters for our family.
We’d love to have characters in August, but I’m skeptical.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I hope characters don't come back or they offer a no character option (I think they offered this before Covid). I think Trattoria has one of the best breakfasts on property right now. I love the breakfast potatoes and the pressed pot coffee there and I would be concerned that it would change if characters were there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom