Celebration at the Top (Cali Grill)

Dr.GrantSeeker

Why would they have closed reservation while they figure out this "Celebration at the Top" if this is just an add on to the restaurant and not the only option for diners?

TrainsOfDisney

At $9 the cup of coffee better be french pressed, but I doubt it.
It is. That’s how many nicer restaurants at Disney serve coffee and tea. Boma and Jiko both do for example. It’s joffreys coffee and tea and many times it’s a particular blend made specifically for the resort.

Chi84

Premium Member
Why would they have closed reservation while they figure out this "Celebration at the Top" if this is just an add on to the restaurant and not the only option for diners?
It wouldn't make sense for this to be the only option. The restaurant now opens for dinner at 5:00, and I'm assuming Celebration at the Top would be for a few hours centered around the time of the fireworks. Another poster suggested that the menu is being changed to prix fixe, which might explain the closed reservations. It seems more likely that Disney is just giving people who want to watch fireworks without having dinner an option to do so with an add-on event.

ABQ

"Jeans may be worn if in good condition"

What do you mean, these are brand new!!!?!?!?!??!

1631716166473.png

Lilofan

It is. That’s how many nicer restaurants at Disney serve coffee and tea. Boma and Jiko both do for example. It’s joffreys coffee and tea and many times it’s a particular blend made specifically for the resort.
Good news. I've had French press coffee at the Grande Lakes JW/Ritz Orlando. That was the best tasting coffee in my life .

TrainsOfDisney

Good news. I've had French press coffee at the Grande Lakes JW/Ritz Orlando. That was the best tasting coffee in my life .
I really like French press. I switched to a Chemex at home cause I’m lazy and got tired of cleaning the press. I need to switch back, it tastes way better.

llrain

It is. That’s how many nicer restaurants at Disney serve coffee and tea. Boma and Jiko both do for example. It’s joffreys coffee and tea and many times it’s a particular blend made specifically for

I really like French press. I switched to a Chemex at home cause I’m lazy and got tired of cleaning the press. I need to switch back, it tastes way better.
If brewed right, Pour over > French press IMO...

llrain

what about the non coffee drinkers who would love to have some teas offered..im sure Cali has some top shelf teas they serve there
and for such a nice restaurant why on earth are they serving Joffreys coffee...this should be a restaurant that sources some good fair trade coffees

TrainsOfDisney

what about the non coffee drinkers who would love to have some teas offered..im sure Cali has some top shelf teas they serve there
and for such a nice restaurant why on earth are they serving Joffreys coffee...this should be a restaurant that sources some good fair trade coffees
Joffreys is the official coffee and tea supplier of Walt Disney World. They have a specific blend for the California Grill and most other high end restaurants at WDW.

Joffreys has some excellent high quality coffee and teas. They also have the cheap flavored stuff people like. Just like Starbucks... it’s all about what you order!

llrain

Pretty sure you just ask which items contain shellfish and they will bring a chef who will let you know.
Thats pretty much a given but someone with an allergy thinks a little beyond this.
This menu is pre-determined that includes shellfish. Not all are shellfish but there are some. Easy enough to know what has shellfish by just reading the menu and not needing a chef to tell me the obvious.
What i was getting at is, knowing it is prefix/premade, will or could they accommodate me with a different sampling than the offerings that includes shellfish. I know the history of Disney and they usually the best in the business at accommodating but that's normally in a made to order situation, not in a spread that is pre determined.

For example, Many of the sushi offerings are shellfish, If i ask the servers for something with no shellfish ( like a basic veggie roll) do you think they will do it?

TrainsOfDisney

Thats pretty much a given but someone with an allergy thinks a little beyond this.
This menu is pre-determined that includes shellfish. Not all are shellfish but there are some. Easy enough to know what has shellfish by just reading the menu and not needing a chef to tell me the obvious.
What i was getting at is, knowing it is prefix/premade, will or could they accommodate me with a different sampling than the offerings that includes shellfish. I know the history of Disney and they usually the best in the business at accommodating but that's normally in a made to order situation, not in a spread that is pre determined.

For example, Many of the sushi offerings are shellfish, If i ask the servers for something with no shellfish ( like a basic veggie roll) do you think they will do it?
I’m guessing since there will be choices they will let you know which items contain which allergens and then you can chow down on the ones you can eat. I don’t think there will be any shortage of food up there!

It’s always possible they could have additional offerings for guests with allergies. Hoop-dee-doo was a pre-determined menu but had a crazy amount of choices for guests with allergies.

Minthorne

I’d definitely call and find out before attending, rather than wait to ask the server the night of the event.

As for sushi, while some do have shellfish, I’d say the majority do not (just fish) and rolls that contain only veggies will certainly be offered. They always were at Brunch.

Walt d

Coming to the Cali Grill, starting October the 2nd

Celebration at the Top: 50th Flavors & Fireworks at Disney's Contemporary Resort - Opening October 2, 2021

Celebrate on Top of the World
Join us for an intimate event as we toast the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort.
Indulge in a high-energy cocktail party enjoying fine food, simmering sips and beautiful music while you await an incredible fireworks spectacular.
Upon your arrival, dine on culinary offerings, including sushi, small bites, favorite dishes from the California Grill menu, desserts and even some odes to our past. Guests ages 21 and over can also enjoy such libations from the complimentary bar as California wine, beers and cordials.
As showtime approaches, step out onto the intimate and private observation deck reserved just for Celebration at the Top Guests. Here, you can enjoy an incredible view of Disney Enchantment—the newest fireworks spectacular to light up the night sky over Magic Kingdom park. The lights will dim as music plays on the deck, so you’ll be immersed in the magic of the night.
After the fireworks, head back inside to enjoy a sweet spread of petit four desserts, cordials and coffee.
Pricing
Celebration at the Top: 50th Flavors & Fireworks at Disney’s Contemporary Resort is $129 per person, plus tax and gratuity.

https://www.disneyworld.co.uk/dining...on-at-the-top/
Oh” sushi or what we call bait!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom