Main feature pool refurbishments scheduled at Disney's Contemporary Resort and Fort Wilderness Resort

JIMINYCR

we dont know about any rides or construction in 2023 but we know some pools will be redone....
disneys priorities....
I’m assuming there’s not as much that needs to go into a pool refurbishment compared to an attraction build. Plans submitted , cost approved, site preparations, and all that goes into setting up an entire work force for something major versus just a pool site. Doesn’t surprise me that a pool refurb can be announced this far in advance.

ppete1975

I’m assuming there’s not as much that needs to go into a pool refurbishment compared to an attraction build. Plans submitted , cost approved, site preparations, and all that goes into setting up an entire work force for something major versus just a pool site. Doesn’t surprise me that a pool refurb can be announced this far in advance.
it was more of a why comment. Why do people care about a pool refurb in a few years? If its not closed during their immediate trip i doubt most would care. Is it just Disney felt they needed to announce they were doing something? I guess I look at hotel refurb the same as i do most other refurbs, not that important to the guest unless it impacts them when they are there.

JIMINYCR

For many guests the pool time at their resort is an important part of their decision to book particular resorts. For us the pool isn’t critical for our trip enjoyment, we occasionally take a swim, but those who like to lounge around the pool, have kids who enjoy a pool break mid day or cool off after a park day it could be a game changer.

MotherofaPrincessLover

2023 is only 16 months from now. I've got family planning vacations that far out.

I hope the lengthy refurb of the Contemp pool means they're making some significant changes to improve the pool and pool deck atmosphere.
I just stayed at Bay Lake and the pool there and the Contemporary are extremely underwhelming. I really hope they make some major changes to that pool.

MaryJaneP

It seems like an expensive vacation if you are lounging at the pool beside a WDW resort, given all of the associated costs to get/stay/vacation there.

nickys

Premium Member
It seems like an expensive vacation if you are lounging at the pool beside a WDW resort, given all of the associated costs to get/stay/vacation there.
Not everyone can or wants to spend all day at the parks.

Disney is an expensive vacation anyway, so everyone should use that time to do what they enjoy. Even if the parks are the main focus for most, taking a break is as good as a nap, especially if your kids won’t nap. I often have kids tell me the best part of their vacation was the pool.

And many DVC members take a resort-only stay, or maybe do one or two park days over a week.

aliceismad

And many DVC members take a resort-only stay, or maybe do one or two park days over a week.
I think this thread gets to why some people are upset with the "hilton-ization" of Disney hotels. That is, some people feel that whenever a Disney hotel gets renovated, it becomes more generic and thus less special. For many people, the hotel is a destination unto itself, including the pool.

Club Cooloholic

I think this thread gets to why some people are upset with the "hilton-ization" of Disney hotels. That is, some people feel that whenever a Disney hotel gets renovated, it becomes more generic and thus less special. For many people, the hotel is a destination unto itself, including the pool.
Thats why I miss the clown at BW

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom