Is Victoria and Alberts ever coming back?

The Mrs

I didn't know it was gone. However, we had our once-in-a-lifetime $840 10-course meal for two, complete with life harp Christmas carols, and that was enough for us. Enjoyable and memorable but not something I'd want to spend that kind of money on again.
If you're only going to do it once ever, that sounds perfect with the live Christmas music! I'm sure it's an amazing memory.

Disney Experience

Any word on its reopening?
Someone (at WDW) told me recently it would be about another year. I do not think they just meant the year 2022, rather 12 more months or more. I had asked and was told, but honestly had so many other things on my plate at that time that I do not now remember the exact wordings or time, other than remembering that I will not be able to book it for some time still, but maybe will be able to sometime next fall. I do not mean to be intentionally vague, nor was I told in confidence, but just forgot the exact words spoken.

RoadiJeff

When I was trying to get a reservation there several years ago they had one table that was in the kitchen, away from the main dining area. It was apparently very difficult to reserve that table. I always wondered why anyone would want to sit in the kitchen when they're paying close to or over 4 figures for a meal for two.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
When I was trying to get a reservation there several years ago they had one table that was in the kitchen, away from the main dining area. It was apparently very difficult to reserve that table. I always wondered why anyone would want to sit in the kitchen when they're paying close to or over 4 figures for a meal for two.
It is a cool experience. I have not done it at WDW, but I have done the "chef's table" at several establishments in Orlando and Winter Park.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
The Chef's Table experience at V&A is really exceptional. My wife and I were lucky enough to secure that reservation a number of years ago. It is private dining room that looks into the kitchen with two dedicated servers who are with you pretty much every step of the way in addition to the visits from members of the kitchen team. You get to chat with the chefs as they were preparing different plates for the main dining room as well as your plates. Also we got to sample a few things beyond our 10 courses which were adapted uniquely to our dining preferences. The full experience also lasted nearly 5 hours with a couple breaks.

Regarding cost, it's under $600 for a meal for two (even at the Chef's Table) unless you add the wine pairings. We purchased wine pairing for one and then shared the pours. With 10 courses of food, that's a LOT of wine for one person to enjoy (even over 5 hours of time) so it worked quite well for us to split the wine pairings. It is an experience unlike any other in my 48 years of dining and I hope that someday we can share it with our daughter.

RoadiJeff

The Chef's Table experience at V&A is really exceptional. My wife and I were lucky enough to secure that reservation a number of years ago. It is private dining room that looks into the kitchen with two dedicated servers who are with you pretty much every step of the way in addition to the visits from members of the kitchen team. You get to chat with the chefs as they were preparing different plates for the main dining room as well as your plates. Also we got to sample a few things beyond our 10 courses which were adapted uniquely to our dining preferences. The full experience also lasted nearly 5 hours with a couple breaks.

Regarding cost, it's under $600 for a meal for two (even at the Chef's Table) unless you add the wine pairings. We purchased wine pairing for one and then shared the pours. With 10 courses of food, that's a LOT of wine for one person to enjoy (even over 5 hours of time) so it worked quite well for us to split the wine pairings. It is an experience unlike any other in my 48 years of dining and I hope that someday we can share it with our daughter.

Thanks for the details of your experience. I eventually got a reservation at V&A during the Christmas season in 2019. There was a harpist playing Christmas carols in the main dining room throughout the evening. I wondered if the Chef's Table even heard it because it was quite nice coming from a harp and it would be something that I wouldn't want to miss if I was spending big bucks for a meal.

As to the cost, we didn't have any wine but the total bill for our 10-course dinner for two, with roughly a 20% gratuity and tax, came to $840. I'd read stories of couples who spent over $1,000 when they ordered all the extras and wine. Since I had never had a 10-course meal, I was wondering to myself if there was a MacDonald's on the way back to our hotel because the small portions they were bringing out for the first several courses were not very big. By the time I'd finished the last course I was pretty well stuffed but I ate it all because I knew how much I was paying for it. ;)

Phonedave

Thanks for the details of your experience. I eventually got a reservation at V&A during the Christmas season in 2019. There was a harpist playing Christmas carols in the main dining room throughout the evening. I wondered if the Chef's Table even heard it because it was quite nice coming from a harp and it would be something that I wouldn't want to miss if I was spending big bucks for a meal.

As to the cost, we didn't have any wine but the total bill for our 10-course dinner for two, with roughly a 20% gratuity and tax, came to $840. I'd read stories of couples who spent over $1,000 when they ordered all the extras and wine. Since I had never had a 10-course meal, I was wondering to myself if there was a MacDonald's on the way back to our hotel because the small portions they were bringing out for the first several courses were not very big. By the time I'd finished the last course I was pretty well stuffed but I ate it all because I knew how much I was paying for it. ;)

The harpist is there every night, it's not just a holiday thing. She has a pretty extensive repertoire, and moves pretty seamlessly from one piece to an other. I have been eating and then suddenly realized there was some Zeppelin or AC/DC going on (appropriate tempo and key of course)

PixarPerfect

I do hope it returns. It's never worked into the schedule on previous trips and, since we'll have an extra couple of days, thought we'd add it on.

We'd want to go for the experience of V&A at Disney rather than just an expensive meal. That's easily had elsewhere. :)

Benjamin_Nicholas

No. Please prove me wrong.

In the mean time? Best bets are "Bull and Bear", Waldorf Astoria, and CAPA, Four Seasons.

B&B is on "Open Table". CAPA must be phoned. NEITHER are WDW owned Restaurants.

Agree.

CAPA is absolutely lovely and even more lovey that they keep a supply of tables for their 4S home owners for last minute reservations.

V&A is Broadway theater with an added surcharge. It doesn't directly compete in a culinary sense against other eateries with the same price-points (Robuchon and Keller, for example), but gets it since Orlando is a closed bubble.

My95cobras

Original Poster
Agree.

CAPA is absolutely lovely and even more lovey that they keep a supply of tables for their 4S home owners for last minute reservations.

V&A is Broadway theater with an added surcharge. It doesn't directly compete in a culinary sense against other eateries with the same price-points (Robuchon and Keller, for example), but gets it since Orlando is a closed bubble.
I wholly disagree with this. Having eaten at 275 plus michelin starred restaurants around the world, VA is very fine dining. I have only dined in the queens room, but the 13 course menu has always been on par with 1 and 2 star places we’ve been. The price is a bit high but no more than 30pp over Market and I believe it is because it is Disney.

Also, when it’s comes to super high end fine dining in Orlando, this was it for a very long time. Now soseki and kabookis omakase are alternatives. Capa is fine, but it’s another steakhouse and they are a dime a dozen in any city.

Last edited:

Hockey89

I wholly disagree with this. Having eaten at 75 plus michelin starred restaurants around the world, VA is very fine dining. I have only dined in the queens room, but the 13 course menu has always been on par with 1 and 2 star places we’ve been. The price is a bit high but no more than 30pp over Market and I believe it is because it is Disney.

Also, when it’s comes to super high end fine dining in Orlando, this was it for a very long time. Now soseki and kabookis omakase are alternatives. Capa is fine, but it’s another steakhouse and they are a dime a dozen in any city.
Couldn’t disagree more with this take. Having eaten at almost every single 3 Michelin star places in the country, VA does not come close. Sorry. It’s a nice place. Very good food but it’s not what those places are.

also, Capa is more than a steakhouse. Bad take.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom