Is Victoria and Alberts ever coming back?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
But... under new management...

VA couple.png

Benjamin_Nicholas

The social media commentary on this news is funny.

People just finding out costs of the menus are losing their minds and using it as yet another way to shame Disney.

V&A isn't for everyone and shouldn't be. I hope they keep costs high and quality up. I'd love to see a refurb of the dining room, with it not so much overly-themed, but nicely decorated.

At these costs, I don't want to feel like an extra on the set of Somewhere In Time.

Last edited:

Lauren B

I planned 180 days in advance for reservations for my 60th birthday on March 21, 2020. Reserved the whole Captains Table, plane tickets for my kids, rooms at the Grand Floridian. Restaurant closed for COVID 2 weeks before. Wouldn't it be nice if they offered the reservations first to the people who had reservations cancelled? They were fully booked for 6 months.

Benjamin_Nicholas

I planned 180 days in advance for reservations for my 60th birthday on March 21, 2020. Reserved the whole Captains Table, plane tickets for my kids, rooms at the Grand Floridian. Restaurant closed for COVID 2 weeks before. Wouldn't it be nice if they offered the reservations first to the people who had reservations cancelled? They were fully booked for 6 months.

If eating there is that important to you, just call them when they announce a formal reopening and tell them the situation.

And it's not called a 'Captain's Table.' That's a cruise ship. This would be the 'Chef's Table.'

lewisc

Vicky's and Al's counter service would be nice :)
I wish I could register a username of either one of the Bob's or a name that sounds like an official WDW account.

A simple post. Quote and thanks for your suggestion.

First QS meal costing $100 per couple

lewisc

"We missed our Michelin star!!"
*Rushes to open V&A*

*I know that's not the reason but the coincidence is there
I thought Disney was delaying the re-opening to avoid a Michelin non rating zero star. Reviewing a restaurant a few weeks after a reopening might not be favorable.

The announcement timing emphasizes the fact that V & A wasnt eligible for rating

Last edited:

Minthorne

Went for my 50th birthday. To me it was not worth the price. I was served food I had told them I didn’t like (cilantro) in the first course. The waiter served the first course without cilantro to the wrong person even after confirming with me just before. That lovely soapy taste lingered.

At the end of the meal the waiter forgot the chocolates and served us the bill instead. We had to ask for chocolates. There was definitely a high roller at the next table and our service suffered as the waiters focused much more attention there. Food was tasty but not at all worth the price. Just a disappointment for the 4 figure bill.

Tony the Tigger

Went for my 50th birthday. To me it was not worth the price. I was served food I had told them I didn’t like (cilantro) in the first course. The waiter served the first course without cilantro to the wrong person even after confirming with me just before. That lovely soapy taste lingered.

At the end of the meal the waiter forgot the chocolates and served us the bill instead. We had to ask for chocolates. There was definitely a high roller at the next table and our service suffered as the waiters focused much more attention there. Food was tasty but not at all worth the price. Just a disappointment for the 4 figure bill.
That’s a shame, to spend so much and be disappointed.

We enjoyed our night there 5 years ago (in the room with 4 tables) with the wine pairings. When done right, those can really elevate a dining experience.

With that said, just last night I mentioned a memorable meal with wine pairings at the Flying Fish 6 years prior was at least as good an experience for less than half the price.

But an experience like that is hard to duplicate. The closest we’ve come is the pairing luncheons at Food & Wine.

RoadiJeff

My wife and I enjoyed a once-in-a-lifetime dinner there several years ago. It was around Christmas and a harpist was playing Christmas carols in the main dining room. Quite nice.

I didn't think I would ever be full when they started bringing out the early small servings but by the time they'd brought out 15 or so courses (if you count the in-between official course tidbits) I was stuffed. It was a unique and nice experience but probably not something I would do again.

Minthorne

That’s a shame, to spend so much and be disappointed.

We enjoyed our night there 5 years ago (in the room with 4 tables) with the wine pairings. When done right, those can really elevate a dining experience.

With that said, just last night I mentioned a memorable meal with wine pairings at the Flying Fish 6 years prior was at least as good an experience for less than half the price.

But an experience like that is hard to duplicate. The closest we’ve come is the pairing luncheons at Food & Wine.
I suspect it was an off night and it was beginning of March 2020 so maybe the bad mojo was already in the air.

We are trying Remy Brunch on the Dream at the end of the month, expecting good things.

Hockey89

I suspect it was an off night and it was beginning of March 2020 so maybe the bad mojo was already in the air.

We are trying Remy Brunch on the Dream at the end of the month, expecting good things.
Haven eaten in the four table place as well, I would say it may not have been an off night. I've been there 7 or 8 times with excellent food, but the last time I went which was the end of 2019, it was terrible. Food didn't come close to the old days and our waitress should have been at the 99. My wife and I couldn't believe the decline to the point we will never go again. We will do Capa now....

Sans Souci

Haven eaten in the four table place as well, I would say it may not have been an off night. I've been there 7 or 8 times with excellent food, but the last time I went which was the end of 2019, it was terrible. Food didn't come close to the old days and our waitress should have been at the 99. My wife and I couldn't believe the decline to the point we will never go again. We will do Capa now....

I've seen you mention Capa before. I'm looking the the menu, what do you recommend?

Hockey89

I've seen you mention Capa before. I'm looking the the menu, what do you recommend?
I'll cut and paste a few items that we have had over the years.... All very good.

Apps
Beer Brined Pork Belly, Apple Butter, Pistachio Jazz
Octopus, Black Bean Hummus, Cilantro
Fried Cauliflower, Culantro Sofrito, Caper, Cage-Free Egg
JAMON DE BELLOTA Acorn Fed Black-Hoof Jamon Iberico

Dinner
*A-5 WAGYU BEEF - MIYAZAKI WAGYU BEEF (MIYAZAKI, JAPAN)32/OZ
LAMB RACK - (OPAL VALLEY, AUSTRALIA)14oz, Grass Fed, Piquillo Salsa
Chilean Seabass, Zucchini, Garlic Crumbs, Garbanzo Bean Tomato Ragu

Side
Yukon Gold, Brown Butter
Broccolini, Capers, Chili Flakes, Garlic

The lamb is oustanding.... Of course, they A5 steak is next level..... The mashed side is Joel R level mashed...

All those apps are wicked tasty for us.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

So the "new" V&A....
1) New Head chef.
2) No current reviews (how could there be?).
3) Prices totally reasonable - for the OLD V&A. But we have ZERO data on the NEW V&A.

Could be great, could be a bust. Not booking until it's reviewed by Fine Dining Organizations.

Meanwhile.... we have a recognized Fine Dining Establishment :).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom