Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

LovePop

Those passes dont exist anymore.
I think that was sorta the point?

Yes the cheap passes do exist, and they are the latest offer! Take a look, and tell me if it doesn't make you want to move to Orlando tomorrow:

ap.PNG

You can go all all week every month, except weekends, Spring Break, Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks. And unlike Disneyland, everything is available for reservation too:

2.PNG

Is that awesome or what? Forget Disneyland's stupid Keys!

arich35

I am a little worried with getting Genie+ when park hopping. Seems like Epcot and HS would be a perfect day to get G+ but Slinky Dog is the main attraction people will want. If I am not going to HS until lets say 5 or 6 in the evening, getting a pass for SD is going to be tough. It seems like waiting until maybe 8 or 9 AM for a later evening pass for SD would be best but that really limits the passes you can get at Epcot the first 5 hours of the day
I am wondering if doing HS first in the day and ending at Epcot would be best. Did anyone see when Test Track ran out of passes today?

Patcheslee

I am wondering if doing HS first in the day and ending at Epcot would be best. Did anyone see when Test Track ran out of passes today?
Don't know if it ran out, it's currently down so won't show anything.
Everything else is still showing availability in 5 minutes except Remy at 8:40

hsisthebest

Ok, which of these scenarios below is correct- the first is from the FAQ of Genie+, the 2nd is from today’s update on Genie+ opening? Both are here on wdw magic.

I am staying offsite next summer and have been loathing the later access for offsite guests- it would be great if everyone starts at 7.

from wdwmagic:

16. When can I purchase Individual Attractions for Lightning Lane access?

Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests can purchase up to 2 individual attraction selections for Lighting Lane access at 7am on the day of visit. Non-resort hotel guests can make a purchase when the park opens.

Also from wdwmagic:
Before we get onto secondary selections, your first Disney Genie+ Lighting Lane selection can be made at 7am, regardless of whether you are staying at Walt Disney World Resort hotel or offsite.

pdude81

Ok, which of these scenarios below is correct- the first is from the FAQ of Genie+, the 2nd is from today’s update on Genie+ opening? Both are here on wdw magic.

I am staying offsite next summer and have been loathing the later access for offsite guests- it would be great if everyone starts at 7.

from wdwmagic:

Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests can purchase up to 2 individual attraction selections for Lighting Lane access at 7am on the day of visit. Non-resort hotel guests can make a purchase when the park opens.

Also from wdwmagic:
Before we get onto secondary selections, your first Disney Genie+ Lighting Lane selection can be made at 7am, regardless of whether you are staying at Walt Disney World Resort hotel or offsite.
They are two different statements for two different products

DCBaker

Premium Member

from wdwmagic:

The above is for Individual Lightning Lane access (2 at each park).

Also from wdwmagic:

This above is speaking for Genie+ ($15 per day for an array of attractions).

Jeff4272

from wdwmagic:

Also from wdwmagic:
They are both correct.

UNCgolf

They're really going to open a can of worms with this. No refunds if a ride goes down? That means they absolutely won't be issuing refunds if you skip preshows or the ride is barely at show quality (e.g. if American Adventure was a paid attraction in the shoddy state it's currently in).

I'd complain repeatedly just on principle if they told me I couldn't get a refund even though the ride went down and thus I was prevented from riding through no fault of my own. And I'm not the type of person who usually complains to staff about anything; I'm more likely to just pay an extra charge on a bill than argue about it (as long as it's not something outrageous).

Last edited:

Jeff4272

Not sure how I see this working long term.

my guess is Genie+ will be a flop as soon as people see how it works and figure out it’s major flaws. When it’s slow, there’s no need for it. When it’s busy, there won’t be enough rides you can get on to justify the cost. When you couple that with having to get up at 7am every day and cannot pick your return time, the cost is just not worth the effort.

IAS to me will be a short term success for the major high profile rides and during extremely busy times like thanksgiving and Christmas but as you can already tell, nobody will buy space Mountain, Everest, frozen, etc. during average park days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom