Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So it’s says all guests can schedule their first LL at 7am.

How is that needing to wait until park open?

This whole thing is needlessly confusing.

Does Disney expect the demand for IA$ to be so high that you need to wake up at 7am to buy your way onto a ride?

I don’t understand how that’s a benefit.

Hey everyone paying insane room rates, you get to wake up early on your vacation to pay extra to ride the stuff you used to ride for free!!

If I’m going to pay $100 extra to ride a freaking ride, I want to be standing in front of it with my family, I press a button, I’m on the ride 3 minutes later.
I gather you don't like the new system.

Trauma

It is the same. When I go to Cedar Point I am there for 5 to 6 days. I buy Fastlane for every day. Their pass is a lot more expensive then what Disney is offering.
How is it the same?

When I go to cedar point and get express I can skip the line for ever freaking ride when I get to the ride.

With this you can skip the line for 2 rides and return at a time that Disney tells you to return at.

This isn’t even close to the same thing.

Touchdown

It is the same. When I go to Cedar Point I am there for 5 to 6 days. I buy Fastlane for every day. Their pass is a lot more expensive then what Disney is offering.
Holy cow, I can only do CP for 4 days top, usually only 3. I never buy their Fastlane (only Fright Lanes in the fall.)

Jrb1979

Holy cow, I can only do CP for 4 days top, usually only 3. I never buy their Fastlane (only Fright Lanes in the fall.)
I'm usually there that long cause I live 5 hours away. I buy Fastlane cause I want to get multiple rides on most of the coasters. One time I did Dragster and Maverick 11 times over my days there.

flynnibus

Premium Member
So it’s says all guests can schedule their first LL at 7am.

How is that needing to wait until park open?

This whole thing is needlessly confusing.

Does Disney expect the demand for IA$ to be so high that you need to wake up at 7am to buy your way onto a ride?

I don’t understand how that’s a benefit.

Hey everyone paying insane room rates, you get to wake up early on your vacation to pay extra to ride the stuff you used to ride for free!!

If I’m going to pay $100 extra to ride a freaking ride, I want to be standing in front of it with my family, I press a button, I’m on the ride 3 minutes later.
Hey drama… err i mean Trauma,

if you feel the need to buy at 7am one person can wake up and complete the work in probably 2mins and rollover and go right back to sleep.

besides if you are going to be using any morning lightning lane you are going to be up early anyway. Between getting your group ready, getting something to eat, getting through disney transportation… that’s hours.

and if it’s not for you… i am sorry you are so worried about being woken for 5mins

Touchdown

I'm usually there that long cause I live 5 hours away. I buy Fastlane cause I want to get multiple rides on most of the coasters. One time I did Dragster and Maverick 11 times over my days there.
I’m 8 hours away, look into Coastermania. Also weekdays in May.

doctornick

Agreed. FP+ worked very well for me. If they had kept that but only charged $15 for it, I would have been annoyed at the new charge, but happier overall than I am with this new system. Hell, if I could schedule my LL passes instead of next available, that would be better than the current system.

I'm in this boat as well. I'm annoyed by the additional cost as we all are, but I view the loss of pre-planning as a big net negative compared to previously. Especially since we always stayed on property so the 60 day advantage was huge in terms of getting the schedule just as we liked.

Jrb1979

I’m 8 hours away, look into Coastermania. Also weekdays in May.
I always go weekdays in May. I make it a vacation week with staying at Breakers. I find Cedar Point has a lot more rides that I enjoy riding more then once.

While I like Disney I am bored after 4 days. Most of their roses are 1 and done.

Touchdown

I always go weekdays in May. I make it a vacation week with staying at Breakers. I find Cedar Point has a lot more rides that I enjoy riding more then once.

While I like Disney I am bored after 4 days. Most of their roses are 1 and done.
Why in the world do you need Fastlane in May? Lines hardly ever stretch >30 min? Oof, btw the 3-4 days at CP are supplemented by 2 days at KI. Need to get my Beast rides in.

have to disagree with you about Disney, there is 4 parks, my typical 6 day trip still leaves me wanting more, so I usually squeeze in an 9 day trip once a year.

SteveAZee

Disney's demo isn't families, it's 20 something y o age group. All their marketing and focus on instagrammable stuff is made for this generation.
Yes, I think it's more of the focus, the (Dual Income No Kids)... though apparently D I N K is considered a word worth censoring. 😏Families, especially larger ones, are less likely to stay at the upscale resorts and eat at the more expensive restaurants. There are other demographics with a lot of disposable income, but the 20 something's are a part of that. They are redesigning the experience from 'getting something for nothing' (DME, FP+, parking, etc) to 'getting something for something more'.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom