Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

mikejs78

Premium Member
I wonder if they will show multiple options per thing if available. So like next available could be Pirates at 11am,11:20,2pm + peter pan 10:45,11:30,12:30. So it would do like 2 hours segments. Idk I would be ok with this system. because with this you could try and do the 10:45 pp than hope the 11 pirates was still there when you tap in. than book something else and you just got 2 rides done in 30 min with a 3rd ready to go.
Looking at the available screenshots it only showed one return time. And that's how MaxPass worked.

brettf22

Premium Member
One still open question is when the 2 hour window starts when you select a LL pass with Genie+ at 7am. I would assume you have to be in the park to select #2 (although that hasn’t been clarified). Also, would the 2 hour window for your second selection really open at 9am, regardless of when the park opens? For an 11am Epcot opening, it’s doubtful they would allow you to pick one at 7am, another at 9am, then another as you walk into the park at 11am.

Touchdown

One still open question is when the 2 hour window starts when you select a LL pass with Genie+ at 7am. I would assume you have to be in the park to select #2 (although that hasn’t been clarified). Also, would the 2 hour window for your second selection really open at 9am, regardless of when the park opens? For an 11am Epcot opening, it’s doubtful they would allow you to pick one at 7am, another at 9am, then another as you walk into the park at 11am.
Given that almost all LLs booked will be within that 2 hour window (as at the beginning of the day there is almost never a lag) it will start when your window opens.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I was able to manipulate the old system just fine for free.

We will see what is possible when it’s released. If you are able to ride 3-4 headliners and 2 other attractions before Noon then fine.

End up still paying more to do the exact same thing I use to do for free.
The old FP+ system allowed you to get three FPs in a row (an hour apart). So, you could do three headliners before noon.

THEN... you only could get one more at a time. And it was likely that all the remaining headliners were gone, grabbed by resort guests 60 days earlier.

With DG+, you and everyone else are on a level playing field, grabbing LLs throughout the day.

Now, we understand that you liked getting three locked-in headliners early in the day and then ditching the park. Sorry, but the new system doesn't allow for that.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
MK was easy to get A headliner but not always easy to get the one you wanted. If it was 93, people weren’t dropping Splash Mountain FPs for anything.

DisneyDodo

The old FP+ system allowed you to get three FPs in a row (an hour apart). So, you could do three headliners before noon.

THEN... you only could get one more at a time. And it was likely that all the remaining headliners were gone, grabbed by resort guests 60 days earlier.

With DG+, you and everyone else are on a level playing field, grabbing LLs throughout the day.

Now, we understand that you liked getting three locked-in headliners early in the day and then ditching the park. Sorry, but the new system doesn't allow for that.
There’s no reason to assume the new system won’t accommodate his preferred schedule. You can’t book 3 rides in advance anymore, but neither can anybody else! That means when you check in for your first LL, ~67% of the slots that would have been booked under the old system will still be available. So it’s very possible you could still book 3 headliners for 9am, 10am, and 11am like with FP+ — just not in advance.

Of course, all of this depends on how many people are using G+ and how much capacity is allocated for LL.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There’s no reason to assume the new system won’t accommodate his preferred schedule. You can’t book 3 rides in advance anymore, but neither can anybody else! That means when you check in for your first LL, ~67% of the slots that would have been booked under the old system will still be available. So it’s very possible you could still book 3 headliners for 9am, 10am, and 11am like with FP+ — just not in advance.
He wants to get it all done in time for a hotel nap at noon.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I mean, you're more likely to do that with the new system. Book a LL for 9, tap in, book your next one for 9:30; tap into that one, book your next headliner for 9:45. Three headliners done by 10, so now he can go back to his hotel and get an extra 2 hours of nap time.

Trauma

Well what’s wrong with that? Why not use some of the amenities like the pool? I also get a villa since I can’t stand quick service and prefer to make my own lunch.

At the end of the day it wouldn’t matter much to me if I could achieve what I used to be able to do with fp+.

The fact you have to pay to do less is what’s upsetting.

You can’t even buy your way out of the situation since you are limited to 2 IAS.

Trauma

I mean, you're more likely to do that with the new system. Book a LL for 9, tap in, book your next one for 9:30; tap into that one, book your next headliner for 9:45. Three headliners done by 10, so now he can go back to his hotel and get an extra 2 hours of nap time.
You dreaming if you think it’s going to work like this.

By the time you tap into your 9am ride I’d be willing to bet the next time you will be able to get for a headliner will be 11am.

Chi84

Premium Member
Well what’s wrong with that? Why not use some of the amenities like the pool? I also get a villa since I can’t stand quick service and prefer to make my own lunch.

At the end of the day it wouldn’t matter much to me if I could achieve what I used to be able to do with fp+.

The fact you have to pay to do less is what’s upsetting.

You can’t even buy your way out of the situation since you are limited to 2 IAS.
Honestly, people here will tell you you’re vacationing the wrong way. I don’t understand it, but there are a lot of regular posters who need to have their way of doing things validated.

mikejs78

Premium Member
You dreaming if you think it’s going to work like this.

By the time you tap into your 9am ride I’d be willing to bet the next time you will be able to get for a headliner will be 11am.
Will be interesting to see - I suspect there will be a decent amount of inventory given the rules involved and the fact that not nearly everyone will have this, so there will be a lot more supply. And since it's a paid service, Disney is incentivized to make it worthwhile.

Trauma

Honestly, people here will tell you you’re vacationing the wrong way. I don’t understand it, but there are a lot of regular posters who need to have their way of doing things validated.
Maybe I am who knows.

I just like getting out off the parks midday when they are most packed.

I had my little fast pass+ system that allowed me to experience the parks in a way I enjoyed.

I will just have to lower my expectations.

Trauma

Will be interesting to see - I suspect there will be a decent amount of inventory given the rules involved and the fact that not nearly everyone will have this, so there will be a lot more supply. And since it's a paid service, Disney is incentivized to make it worthwhile.
Ok so here is a question for you -

How many LL passes would you have to get per day to make genie+ worth it for you?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom