Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

doctornick

So you assuming the greediest company on earth is going to offer you anything before it absolutely has too?

They want you shopping in their homogenized stores and buying snacks.

This company can care less about your experience they only care how much they can extract from you.
They want to encourage sales of G+. Making the pass as valuable and useful as possible will encourage sales and make money. Plus having more people using LL causes standby to be longer and increases value for G+

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
That was then.

New CEO.

I just expect the absolute bare minimum for the highest possible cost in anything they do now.

I’m just being a cynic as a I fear this system is rife for manipulation by the mouse.
Someone literally just said two pages ago that the cast member training is that it will work like fastpass

Trauma

I don’t think you fully understand how this system or any similar system that came before functions.

Again it will always be the next available time. There is no built in waiting time and never has been.
So let’s say MK on a 9am open.

I would rope drop Sdmt then hit Pan.

I would have my FP for space thunder and something else I didn’t plan on using as early as possible.

I would have 5 rides done by 11 and either trying to secure my next fast pass or heading back to the pool to hop somewhere else later.

This doesn’t sound possible with the new system, so per usual I will be paying more for less.

dreday3

I would have my FP for space thunder and something else I didn’t plan on using as early as possible.

I would have 5 rides done by 11 and either trying to secure my next fast pass or heading back to the pool to hop somewhere else later.

This doesn’t sound possible with the new system, so per usual I will be paying more for less.

Then you probably shouldn't purchase Genie + for your trip!

Touchdown

If it’s like DL Maxpass:
1. Enter park prior to rope drop, purchase G+
2. Book a LL for Peter Pan at 8am
3. Rope Drop SDMT
4. LL Peter Pan, while going through queue book LL for BTMRR in 20 mins
5. Ride HM (no wait)
6. LL BTMRR, in line book FP for Splash in 40 min
7. Ride POTC (minimal wait)
8. Do something else in Adventureland/Frontierland (JC, Tiki, CBJ, etc)
9. LL Splash, book LL for TSMM at 4 pm
10. Enjoy some high capacity attractions at MK, maybe wait for SM, and keep an eye on the clock for two hours from now. At two hours book another LL, this time MMRR at 5 pm
11. Park hop to DHS, eat your meal, see Muppets, two hours later book a LL for ToT at 6pm
12. Time to ride TSMM, LL it
13. Time to ride MMRR, LL it
14. Book a LL for Star Tours at 7 pm
15. SRL RnRC
16. Time to ride ToT, LL it
17. Time to ride ST, LL it
18. SEL (single engineer line) MFSR
19. Get in line for Rise right before close, ride

Not a horrible day is it?

peter11435

This isn’t Fastpass+, so no you won’t have a Fastpass to multiple headliners before you even enter the park

and that’s a good thing in every way

Trauma

This isn’t Fastpass+, so no you won’t have a Fastpass to multiple headliners before you even enter the park

It’s terrible if you don’t want to stay in the park all day.

A lot of guests prefer to get rides done and go back to the resort and enjoy that.

Trauma

If it’s like DL Maxpass:
1. Enter park prior to rope drop, purchase G+
2. Book a LL for Peter Pan at 8am
3. Rope Drop SDMT
4. LL Peter Pan, while going through queue book LL for BTMRR in 20 mins
5. Ride HM (no wait)
6. LL BTMRR, in line book FP for Splash in 40 min
7. Ride POTC (minimal wait)
8. Do something else in Adventureland/Frontierland (JC, Tiki, CBJ, etc)
9. LL Splash, book LL for TSMM at 4 pm
10. Enjoy some high capacity attractions at MK, maybe wait for SM, and keep an eye on the clock for two hours from now. At two hours book another LL, this time MMRR at 5 pm
11. Park hop to DHS, eat your meal, see Muppets, two hours later book a LL for ToT at 6pm
12. Time to ride TSMM, LL it
13. Time to ride MMRR, LL it
14. Book a LL for Star Tours at 7 pm
15. SRL RnRC
16. Time to ride ToT, LL it
17. Time to ride ST, LL it
18. SEL (single engineer line) MFSR
19. Get in line for Rise right before close, ride

Not a horrible day is it?
You are at the parks all day? How is that not a horrible day if it’s 95 degrees out?

peter11435

It’s terrible if you don’t want to stay in the park all day.

A lot of guests prefer to get rides done and go back to the resort and enjoy that.
Visiting a Disney theme park was never intended to be something you did for a few hours and “get rides done”

but if that’s how you want to visit you still can

It’s great that you were able to go into MK with a Fastpass for the popular rides you wanted. The vast majority of guests were not so lucky.

Touchdown

You are at the parks all day? How is that not a horrible day if it’s 95 degrees out?
I don’t go Mid June-Late Sept and there is usually is a table service meal in there. Also during hopping ill usually stop by my room for a quick drink and maybe a shower/change of clothes.

Muffinpants

This is 100% not confusing /s.... it will be a benefit to understand all this like it was with fp+. people who know how to use the system in and out will find the benefit to the 15$ while others who have little to no understanding will spend the 15$ and only use it a few times and call it a waste of money. It will be the same conversation as with FP+ but this time it cost them money.

Waters Back Side

It really is not much different then FP+ if you like to spread things out aside from it costing $15 a day per person. FP for us was usually 3 rides 2 to 3 hours apart. **Assuming** availability exists, someone could book their first ride for Noon at 10am. At Noon you can book another ride for 3pm and then at 2 pm book another for 5 pm.

Now you arrived at 1130 at the park and have 3 rides booked..noon, 3pm and 5pm (+/-). This is good for the more high demand rides like Splash, Big Thunder etc. And at 4pm you can even grab another. For even later.

Again though, that assumes the rides are not completely booked for the day.

mikejs78

Premium Member

I agree but I will miss the ability to schedule times (assuming availability) as opposed to next available. I realize it's more operationally efficient to do next time, but I did like the pick a time option for things like going back to the hotel and being able to grab a FP for after dinner, without having to check my phone every 10 minutes to try to get the time I wanted...

Muffinpants

I agree but I will miss the ability to schedule times (assuming availability) as opposed to next available. I realize it's more operationally efficient to do next time, but I did like the pick a time option for things like going back to the hotel and being able to grab a FP for after dinner, without having to check my phone every 10 minutes to try to get the time I wanted...
I wonder if they will show multiple options per thing if available. So like next available could be Pirates at 11am,11:20,2pm + peter pan 10:45,11:30,12:30. So it would do like 2 hours segments. Idk I would be ok with this system. because with this you could try and do the 10:45 pp than hope the 11 pirates was still there when you tap in. than book something else and you just got 2 rides done in 30 min with a 3rd ready to go.

Trauma

I’m sorry that you’re not grasping how to manipulate the new system, but I would suggest that you trust everyone who is swearing that it is possible, and when you get there for your next visit, try using our suggestions.
I was able to manipulate the old system just fine for free.

We will see what is possible when it’s released. If you are able to ride 3-4 headliners and 2 other attractions before Noon then fine.

End up still paying more to do the exact same thing I use to do for free.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom