Resorts and mousekeeping

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Does it bother anyone, with the prices they charge for the resorts, especially the deluxe resorts, that they won’t make your beds anymore? You keep getting less at WDW but keep paying more!

I'd advise doing a thread search before posting. You've created yet another thread for a topic that's had many created over the past year.

JIMINYCR

Nope. I dont mind it at all. I make my bed at home and do the same when I'm at any hotel out of habit. Having to change my bed linens every day stopped when I was about 3yo when I stopped wetting the bed.

StarshipDisney

Does it bother anyone, with the prices they charge for the resorts, especially the deluxe resorts, that they won’t make your beds anymore? You keep getting less at WDW but keep paying more!

You darn right it does. $1100/night at Contemporary and come back after a long day at the parks to no service and cold wet towels on the floor. Not hardly. I expect more for that price!

And no daily room service is just the beginning...

Jon81uk

You do know there is still a pandemic ongoing?

Also, stay somewhere else if you don't want to pay the price, but many hotels aren't doing daily housekeeping at the moment, due to the pandemic.

Weather_Lady

You do know there is still a pandemic ongoing?

Also, stay somewhere else if you don't want to pay the price, but many hotels aren't doing daily housekeeping at the moment, due to the pandemic.
Yeah. I was among those a few months ago when the pandemic was abating, who was saying, "there's no longer any reasonable scientific need for contactless service, and it's high time for Disney and other resorts to resume regular housekeeping." Now the landscape has changed. With the Delta variant surging and thousands of Floridians testing positive daily, and in light of the fact that many housekeepers come from racial, ethnic or socioeconomic backgrounds where there's known to be a high degree of "vaccine hesitancy," continuing with low-contact or no-contact housekeeping is the most prudent choice right now from a public health perspective.

Granted, the fact that the hotels continue to charge the same prices is another matter. In my view, Disney should be compensating people for the lack of housekeeping with gift cards or discounts, just as they used to do in certain hotels when housekeeping was optional and people declined it. Of course, what Disney should do in the interest of good customer service, and what it actually does in its slavish worship of the almighty dollar, have been divorced for a long time now, so I may feel dismayed, but not surprised.

Last edited:

Jeff4272

bothers the hell out of me.......People will makes excuses like the pandemic and how they make their own beds at home so why not on vacation but the fact of the matter is that its another penny pinching move by WDW to remove something that affects guests satisfaction to save them money

the money saving moves they continue to make are awful

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
bothers the hell out of me.......People will makes excuses like the pandemic and how they make their own beds at home so why not on vacation but the fact of the matter is that its another penny pinching move by WDW to remove something that affects guests satisfaction to save them money

You're mistaken. This isn't a matter of opinion, where people are free to disagree with one another. You're just factually incorrect.

If this were a cost-cutting measure, I'd agree with you. But it isn't, so I don't.

Last edited:

donsullivan

Premium Member

Just blindly throwing out the response that "it's just another cost cutting measure" is at best lazy and realistically totally unaware of the reality of the pandemic on the hospitality industry.

Removal of housekeeping services became common last summer at the height of the pandemic for both personal safety of the housekeeping staff and guests. This is not unique to WDW resorts either. I resumed regular business travel in May of this year and have not once, no matter how long I have stayed at a location had housekeeping service, at a major international hotel chain.

I get that it's popular on these boards to just relentlessly complain about Disney but get your facts straight first.

Last edited:

Jeff4272

You're mistaken. This isn't a matter of opinion, where people are free to disagree with one another. You're just factually incorrect.

If this were a cost-cutting measure, I'd agree with you. But it isn't, so I don't.
So then it should come back?

Lets talk later..........

I bet it doesnt ever come back and im right

Last edited:

Jon81uk

Lets talk later..........

I bet it doesnt ever come back and im right

After the pandemic is seen as “over” I do think daily housekeeping will come back at most hotels.

But also I expect the industry-wide trend of offering loyalty points, or money to spend at the hotel if you decline housekeeping will continue.

right now I do think many hotels are overcharging considering they aren’t offering a full service, but as it also feels like there are extra costs in other areas and I think the clean between guests is much more thorough and taking more time.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Yes, obviously it will come back.

After the pandemic is seen as “over” I do think daily housekeeping will come back at most hotels.
The pandemic isn't really the direct issue anymore. That was the original cause, but now it's primarily a staffing problem. They're offering signing bonuses but they won't be able to fully staff until immigration starts flowing again.

Jeff4272

But also I expect the industry-wide trend of offering loyalty points, or money to spend at the hotel if you decline housekeeping will continue.

right now I do think many hotels are overcharging considering they aren’t offering a full service, but as it also feels like there are extra costs in other areas and I think the clean between guests is much more thorough and taking more time.
Or I'm right and WDW is just being cheap like they were with Magic Bands, parking, Magical Express, Fast Pass, Extra Magic hours, etc. etc. etc.

See a pattern here?

So many Disney apologists that are just blind to it and think WDW can do no wrong

THEY CHEAPED OUT AND USED COVID AS AN EXCUSE

Dave B

Or I'm right and WDW is just being cheap like they were with Magic Bands, parking, Magical Express, Fast Pass, Extra Magic hours, etc. etc. etc.

See a pattern here?

So many Disney apologists that are just blind to it and think WDW can do no wrong

THEY CHEAPED OUT AND USED COVID AS AN EXCUSE
Go look at the website they are offering $1000 bonus for Housekeeping jobs and can't get them, filled

Dave B

Mouse keeping coming back, for sure, how could it not and I will buy the paper fast pass from you for sure, which one do you have to sell?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom