Let's have a bit of a laugh. What restaurant do you secretly enjoy that everyone else thinks you're nuts for?

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
Everyone has that restaurant that gets widely panned here on wdwmagic but we secretly think... hey I enjoyed my meal there.

For my family it's Sci fi diner. everyone gives it bad reviews but we've always had great meals there. now we generally only have lunch but we've always done well there. and for those of us who grew up with black and white tv the previews are a hoot.

Yours?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Hollywood and vine ..
Clapping Reaction GIF

ElvisMickey

Everyone has that restaurant that gets widely panned here on wdwmagic but we secretly think... hey I enjoyed my meal there.

For my family it's Sci fi diner. everyone gives it bad reviews but we've always had great meals there. now we generally only have lunch but we've always done well there. and for those of us who grew up with black and white tv the previews are a hoot.

Yours?
Tony’s. Never understood the hate. I mean, it helps that Lady and the Tramp is my favorite Disney movie, but I’ve been dining there for years and have always found the spaghetti and meatballs a solid “go to”.

JIMINYCR

With the varied tastes, likes and dislikes I think every spot I've dined at has had its detractors. But Tonys has consistently been panned, (I've even been guilty of it in the past.) But this past May trip we were very very pleased with the meals we got, the service we had and walked away wondering what happened.. it was great.

Weather_Lady

We had lunch at PizzeRizzo (antipasto salad for me, meatball sub for DH, pizzas for the kids) and really enjoyed it, to the point where we've been disappointed when it was closed during subsequent visits when we passed by. Granted, we weren't expecting fine Italian dining or fresh hand-tossed pizzas so we hadn't set the bar too high, but we liked it enough to be baffled by the widespread hatred for the place.

We had lunch at PizzeRizzo (antipasto salad for me, meatball sub for DH, pizzas for the kids) and really enjoyed it, to the point where we've been disappointed when it was closed during subsequent visits when we passed by. Granted, we weren't expecting fine Italian dining or fresh hand-tossed pizzas so we hadn't set the bar too high, but we liked it enough to be baffled by the widespread hatred for the place.
I second this—I love PizzeRizzo 😂
Granted, I don’t have a very refined palate!

Sirwalterraleigh

Tony’s. Never understood the hate. I mean, it helps that Lady and the Tramp is my favorite Disney movie, but I’ve been dining there for years and have always found the spaghetti and meatballs a solid “go to”.
I’d eat there a few more times…if I were you…

as far as the question goes…I Have a soft spot for coral reef

Use to love breakfast at Tony’s. But once they stopped serving it the quality of the food wen downhill. We notice the fall off for dinner about the same time they stopped breakfast. We use to have breakfast at cafe at the Poly, but since the change the menu we have now switched to the Crystal Palace for breakfast if we eat in the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom