Jungle Cruise movie and it's effect on attraction

HMF

Original Poster
Since the Jungle Cruise movie seems to be a success and with past experience (Pirates of the Caribbean) does anyone think they might add elements from the movie into the ride?

180º

At Disneyland, they added a couple of props from the film to the queue. The map and some costume pieces, I think. Nothing on the ride just yet.

JohnD

Since the Jungle Cruise movie seems to be a success and with past experience (Pirates of the Caribbean) does anyone think they might add elements from the movie into the ride?

Well, they just refurbished the DL and WDW versions to appeal to today's guests or whatever. So, since those additions are so new, adding other elements from the movie wouldn't be much of a stretch.

bcoachable

It's not a success. It's a box-office bomb. Extremely unlikely it'll make a profit. I doubt we'll see a Rock AA in it anytime soon (thank god).
You call??
E7AD692B-B294-42C0-9EB4-77EC299BB291.jpeg

aliceismad

Pirates is a multi-movie franchise. The Jungle Cruise is just one movie. Way too early to think about anything. Thankfully they didn't foul up Haunted Mansion, and I don't think they're going to head down that route for Jungle Cruise either.

Mouse3268

"Disney’s Jungle Cruise rode to a better-than-expected opening of $34.2 million at the domestic box office amid renewed concerns over COVID-19 and the delta variant for a worldwide box office debut of $27.6 million.

The movie’s total global start is an okay $91.8 million when including $30 million in revenue from Disney+ Premier Access."

It's not a success. It's a box-office bomb. Extremely unlikely it'll make a profit. I doubt we'll see a Rock AA in it anytime soon (thank god).

Does not compute...

jpinkc

Short term it will bump up people wanting to ride. I can remember when it was never more than a 30 wait at most.

999th Happy Haunt

The ride and movie have very little in common other than a few references to the source material in the movie. No clue how they would shoe-horn the movie into the ride.

TYOTimer

There was originally a rumor years ago about The Rock replacing the Skipper’s spiel, but idk how true that was, or still is

Epct82

There was originally a rumor years ago about The Rock replacing the Skipper’s spiel, but idk how true that was, or still is
As someone who likes The Rock and many of his movies, I would hate this. The Jungle Cruise would feel lacking without our beloved skippers on board and their corny spiel.

Magenta Panther

Does not compute...

Well, yeah, if you don't understand basic math (or Hollywood arithmetic), it doesn't compute.

Jungle Cruise cost 200 million to make, NOT counting ads and promotions, which can add millions more to a film's budget. In order for JC to BREAK EVEN, it has to make at least $400 million. Which it won't, despite the press' apologetics. Does that compute a little better now?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom