News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

Furiated

Just wanted to share my experience for anyone in the same boat as me, wanting to upgrade existing tickets to an AP and not lose their existing 10/1 MK Park Pass reservations.

I called 407-939-1863 and at the voice prompt thing said that I wanted to modify an existing reservation. The first CM I spoke to gave the usual line of not being able to keep reservations if I did the upgrade. He did transfer me to the Passholder line so that I could talk to them about it. I was on hold for about 20 minutes and then connected to what I believe the second CM said was Passholder Help Services, or something like that. He knew exactly what I was trying to do, and said that the confusion over the reservations was because at first they were told that all reservations would drop off, but this week they were shown how to do the upgrade and keep existing reservations. I was able to upgrade my tickets to the DVC Sorcerer's Pass and when he was done he had me refresh MDE and make sure that my 10/1 reservations were still there.

So maybe there is updated info on how to do these upgrades that just hasn't trickled down to all CMs yet, but it looks like it IS possible!

Rickcat96

I called Passholder line for 3 questions:

1. I have a current platinum pass 1st use will be November 26th. Do I still have the photo pass included on this?

Answer- Yes, until it expires 1 year from use.

2. I have 2 additional unused platinum certificate's that I will use to "renew" when the above AP expires. Do these also include the photo pass?

Answer- Yes, In the MDE you will see these as "platinum exchange" when you renew end of next year it will be upgraded to in-credi pass with photo upgrade.

3. Asked about pass holder magnet?

Answer - Will ship when you "activate" your AP on first use.

flutas

Just wanted to share my experience for anyone in the same boat as me, wanting to upgrade existing tickets to an AP and not lose their existing 10/1 MK Park Pass reservations.

I called 407-939-1863 and at the voice prompt thing said that I wanted to modify an existing reservation. The first CM I spoke to gave the usual line of not being able to keep reservations if I did the upgrade. He did transfer me to the Passholder line so that I could talk to them about it. I was on hold for about 20 minutes and then connected to what I believe the second CM said was Passholder Help Services, or something like that. He knew exactly what I was trying to do, and said that the confusion over the reservations was because at first they were told that all reservations would drop off, but this week they were shown how to do the upgrade and keep existing reservations. I was able to upgrade my tickets to the DVC Sorcerer's Pass and when he was done he had me refresh MDE and make sure that my 10/1 reservations were still there.

So maybe there is updated info on how to do these upgrades that just hasn't trickled down to all CMs yet, but it looks like it IS possible!
FWIW I upgraded at GS mid trip, and it all my reservations were kept. Except for the next days. I didn’t notice at the time and tried to tap in. Led to a CM basically berating me.
When I mentioned I upgraded so “guess it wiped it and I have to make a new one” she instantly goes “no that doesn’t happen you just didn’t have a park pass.”

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed I guess. So check your stuff thoroughly the next day as well.

Furiated

FWIW I upgraded at GS mid trip, and it all my reservations were kept. Except for the next days. I didn’t notice at the time and tried to tap in. Led to a CM basically berating me.
When I mentioned I upgraded so “guess it wiped it and I have to make a new one” she instantly goes “no that doesn’t happen you just didn’t have a park pass.”

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed I guess. So check your stuff thoroughly the next day as well.
Good call, I definitely took screenshots before upgrading in case anything goes sideways

DonaldDoleWhip

Another technical question, now that the booking system is more similar to DL’s - anyone know if the no-show penalty carries over?

Didn’t show up to Epcot today (afternoon weather was quite dreary) - I imagine that’ll happen pretty frequently in Orlando.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Another technical question, now that the booking system is more similar to DL’s - anyone know if the no-show penalty carries over?

Didn’t show up to Epcot today (afternoon weather was quite dreary) - I imagine that’ll happen pretty frequently in Orlando.
No show penalties for parks? Remind what they are again?

DonaldDoleWhip

No show penalties for parks? Remind what they are again?
I believe for Disneyland, if you don't show up to your AP reservation 3 times over a 90-day period, you lose the ability to reserve for 30 days. Existing reservations will be maintained, at least.

I get the intent, but there are probably going to be a lot of days in FL where people are genuinely planning an afternoon or evening visit, then the weather takes a turn.

diggity16

I have searched high and low for this answer and can’t find anything anywhere that outlines repercussions for not showing up. It suggests canceling if you can’t make it, but that’s all I’ve found.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

How about a new issue.

Heard this one from a friend of a friend.

Double charged while doing a ticket to AP upgrade (~$1500 in charges instead of $750ish). CM apologized and said funds would be back “in about 2 weeks.” Guest relations dismissed it as “something that just happens.”
Immediate CC Challenge. Let the big Dogs fight it out.

Hcalvert

I have had mixed results. It all depends on the CM. I even one time had a CM not give me a discount because the card had the previous year on it even though I had it in the app as current. I really think the app is better since it has your last name that they can actually verify with your id, where the card just has your first name written on it with a sharpie.
I have been using my card from 2019 and no one said anything to me about it. Like you, my AP is current. I just finally got a new card in June since I renewed in person. I'll have to remember to switch them out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom