News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

Hcalvert

We just paid the deposit on our kid's trip in March this morning. We do only have March and June planned though. For now...
The band department haven't released any "official" information yet, so I have no idea of the cost involved. We ended up just booking the March and June trips through DVC (renting points) in the last week. I highly doubt we will be going in December since the prices are so high.

Hcalvert

Just renewed our APs (Incredi-Pass level). I worked it out that I would be saving at least $1,000 on tickets since we have a 9-night March trip and a 12-night June trip now booked. "Saving" is misleading though because I really had no plans on renewing until I was notified of my son's band trip and priced the tickets and realized that I was paying about $600 more to get APs instead and then ended up booking those trips I wasn't going to take. At least I got a deal on BWV for both stays (~$300/night), but only garden view was available.

pdude81

Just renewed our APs (Incredi-Pass level). I worked it out that I would be saving at least $1,000 on tickets since we have a 9-night March trip and a 12-night June trip now booked. "Saving" is misleading though because I really had no plans on renewing until I was notified of my son's band trip and priced the tickets and realized that I was paying about $600 more to get APs instead and then ended up booking those trips I wasn't going to take. At least I got a deal on BWV for both stays (~$300/night), but only garden view was available.
If you're not Blue Card DVC, those AP discounts can make a bigger difference than you some realize. Even 10% off food in a number of sit downs in the June heat can net you another hundred bucks. For me the big savings is the merch discount as we buy entirely too much crap.

correcaminos

The band department haven't released any "official" information yet, so I have no idea of the cost involved. We ended up just booking the March and June trips through DVC (renting points) in the last week. I highly doubt we will be going in December since the prices are so high.
Since I cannot do the bus portion, I have some rooms booked for us while the band will be there - or traveling there. They plan to leave on a Thursday at noon. Bus 16 hours and arrive at AK or breakfast on Friday. Then DHS that day. Next day is MK and the parade. Sunday Epcot. Monday USF (one park, not sure which) which I can pull him from. Then they leave that night and bus back home. We'll fly down instead. This whole trip will be $1250. No money off for being AP holders.

Hcalvert

Since I cannot do the bus portion, I have some rooms booked for us while the band will be there - or traveling there. They plan to leave on a Thursday at noon. Bus 16 hours and arrive at AK or breakfast on Friday. Then DHS that day. Next day is MK and the parade. Sunday Epcot. Monday USF (one park, not sure which) which I can pull him from. Then they leave that night and bus back home. We'll fly down instead. This whole trip will be $1250. No money off for being AP holders.
Can the tickets you paid for be used toward renewal?

doctornick

Not selling APs is just guaranteeing more $ from dvc members who visit the parks and have to use or rent their points each year and no have time pay more for tickets if they didn’t renew APs

I know some dvc guests don’t always visit the parks, but those that do are likely now giving Disney even more money
I’ve wondered how many DVC members are AP holders. I know many on this board indicate that it’s a very common thing but I’ve got to think there’s a number DVCers that only go every 2-3 years and the AP wouldn’t make sense.

pdude81

I’ve wondered how many DVC members are AP holders. I know many on this board indicate that it’s a very common thing but I’ve got to think there’s a number DVCers that only go every 2-3 years and the AP wouldn’t make sense.
Hard to say without a big survey. I'm a 2-3 times per year so AP for me. Mine have not lapsed since Covid

correcaminos

Can the tickets you paid for be used toward renewal?
Probably not. It's part of a package which is why they claim we have to buy them in the first place. Rather annoying tbh

Hard to know for sure really. There was a time when buying direct got you more people who went only every 2-3 years. Now with 150 min again less new coming in for that. Even a lot who go annually, might not go enough days to make it worth it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Shocked the price increases are not more considering how much they loathe AP’s…. Charging $100 extra for it really shouldnt put anyone in the im not buying this anymore category.
Well it’s hard to increase prices when the travel market is collapsing…

I’m sure 1,2,3 fools will be along any minute now to debate that…we should run a pool on who the winner will be?

mightynine

A friendly reminder of just what that $109 price point actually gets you.

Also, park hopper is going to variable pricing.

Shocked the price increases are not more considering how much they loathe AP’s…. Charging $100 extra for it really shouldnt put anyone in the im not buying this anymore category.

My guess is they see the headwinds coming and expect to lean on the APers more in 2023, so they don't want to rock that boat too much.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Disney raising prices on something that isn’t even available?
Old Men Laughing GIF by ABC Network

Claiming to be “holding the line on the lowest ticket price for more than 4 years” when that lowest price is now available **1** day??? I’m dying here!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom