News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

Disstevefan1

Did they serve kool-aid at your DVC presentation?
We went to one in the late 90s of early 2000s, I can't remember the year.

Actually, in ours, all of a sudden, a cavalcade of characters burst in there was gifts, confetti and all you can eat Micky Bars!
This actually happened.

No, we never did not buy in, but the free Mickey Bars were great!

Today DVC sells themselves.

nickys

Premium Member
I had the hardest time renewing my AP in July. My old pass was in the gold tier and since I moved out of state last summer, the CM told me I didn't qualify for any renewal tier since technically none were an option for out of state guests. Fortunately, since my parents are DVC, he was kind enough to override the system and renew me to Sorcerer level.
I think you got some pixie dust there.

DVC members usually have to call Member Services to renew. Hence the CM saying there wasn’t an option for outr of state residents.

And the eligibility for DVC APs is that you live at the same address as your parents and have ID to prove it when you activate it.

Chip Chipperson

DVC members usually have to call Member Services to renew. Hence the CM saying there wasn’t an option for outr of state residents.

And the eligibility for DVC APs is that you live at the same address as your parents and have ID to prove it when you activate it.

Even then, wasn't the CM incorrect since someone currently holding an AP should at least be able to renew at the Incredipass level? It seems like the CM goofed up and actually saved them money on their renewal (unless there's a weird requirement that a FL Resident AP can't get a renewal discount even if renewing at the most expensive pass after moving out of state).

nickys

Premium Member
Even then, wasn't the CM incorrect since someone currently holding an AP should at least be able to renew at the Incredipass level? It seems like the CM goofed up and actually saved them money on their renewal (unless there's a weird requirement that a FL Resident AP can't get a renewal discount even if renewing at the most expensive pass after moving out of state).
Hmmm. I think you’re right about the Incredipass, good call.

Even if he is is eligible through his parents DVC membership, the CM technically shouldn’t have processed the renewal to a Sorcerer’s pass. Hence the pixie dust comment.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No

I was not expecting to be given the DVC tier upgrade, which is why the previous comment mentioned some pixie dust; I had come prepared for the Incredipass. I think we confused the CM because my parents and I came up to the desk together, even though we were renewing separately. Their MDX accounts clearly mention they're DVC but mine is simply an AP account. I think he was under the impression I was trying to also get their same tier, which I wasn't. Regardless, I'm glad things worked out.

correcaminos

I was not expecting to be given the DVC tier upgrade, which is why the previous comment mentioned some pixie dust; I had come prepared for the Incredipass. I think we confused the CM because my parents and I came up to the desk together, even though we were renewing separately. Their MDX accounts clearly mention they're DVC but mine is simply an AP account. I think he was under the impression I was trying to also get their same tier, which I wasn't. Regardless, I'm glad things worked out.
Glad it worked out for you in your favor. A little pixie dust never hurts. In person I find CMs to be even more over the top helpful about stuff like that too. Hopefully next year works out a little less confusing than this year too.

Hcalvert

My husband has finally agreed to renew our out-of-state APs. Apparently, my son and the high school band will be playing at Disney in April and he wants to go. We were not planning on going this year, but will now be going in December, April, and June.

Last edited:

Disney4family

My husband has finally agreed to renew our out-of-state APs. Apparently, my son and the high school band will be playing at Disney in April and he wants to go. We were not planning on going this year, but will now be going in March, April, and June.
Enjoy every moment. Our children have “grown up” with annual trips, but there was something so special about our son’s high school band trip this last February. We know tons of bands go to WDW and perform. It is still something so special if you know how much the parks mean to your child. I hope all of you have an amazing, magical experience like we did. We just went back a few weeks ago for our annual trip. We still speak of his experience and his band parade with smiles and tears. It is magical.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
My husband has finally agreed to renew our out-of-state APs. Apparently, my son and the high school band will be playing at Disney in April and he wants to go. We were not planning on going this year, but will now be going in December, April, and June.
1661094828559.png

correcaminos

We just paid the deposit on our kid's trip in March this morning. We do only have March and June planned though. For now...

zappy

I'd plan three 4-5 night trips right now for next year if I could buy an AP but alas ...
We fall in the same bucket. Only two trips this year April and September. My wife’s a teacher so with summers off we would of booked July and a quick trip in Jan/Feb most likely. Until AP sales come back will keep it to the spring and fall trips each year.

jaxonp

We fall in the same bucket. Only two trips this year April and September. My wife’s a teacher so with summers off we would of booked July and a quick trip in Jan/Feb most likely. Until AP sales come back will keep it to the spring and fall trips each year.
I hear ya..

On top of my 3 big trips I’d usually make a few weekend trips or day trips up from south Florida in the winter when I’m there. I easily got 20-30 days out of my AP the last 7-8 years of having one. My next trip to Orlando is for HHN and maybe a single day at Epcot for the festival and to check out Guardians.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom