More entertainment returning Summer 2021

gerarar

Premium Member
The Toy Story 3 segment w/ Forky right before the Walt/Mickey finale was replaced with (mainly) Soul, and small clips of Onward & Frozen 2, before going back to TS3 and everything afterward being the same as before.
Glad to see that they’re still updating the show as intended!

Soul:
079FC302-8BC7-4AF8-8E43-D5170571641A.png

Onward:
733DFA40-89A2-4F9D-89C1-6D837ADCFDAA.png

Frozen 2:
80DAF937-0D49-4DDB-BF48-744375899952.png

mm52200

The Toy Story 3 segment w/ Forky right before the Walt/Mickey finale was replaced with (mainly) Soul, and small clips of Onward & Frozen 2, before going back to TS3 and everything afterward being the same as before.
Glad to see that they’re still updating the show as intended!

Soul:
View attachment 576637
Onward:
View attachment 576638
Frozen 2:
View attachment 576639
So they had already been doing that, that moment was always intended to be updated with the newest release. They had already changed it to Frozen 2 when that came out, and I believe had even changed it briefly to Onward before the closure too.

gerarar

Premium Member
So they had already been doing that, that moment was always intended to be updated with the newest release. They had already changed it to Frozen 2 when that came out, and I believe had even changed it briefly to Onward before the closure too.
Oh yeah you’re definitely right! I found a recording from January 2020 and it was featuring Frozen 2. Guess I missed it if it was even reported at all, and just assumed they didn’t update it (in typical Disney fashion).

ChristianG

Any reason why lasers haven't returned with any of the nighttime entertainment? They've been missing from HEA and EF as well.

mm52200

Oh yeah you’re definitely right! I found a recording from January 2020 and it was featuring Frozen 2. Guess I missed it if it was even reported at all, and just assumed they didn’t update it (in typical Disney fashion).
This show flew pretty under the radar so most didn’t notice the subtle changes, but they’ve been good about updating on the content in the studios projection shows atleast! It’s subtle but nice to see!

Minthorne

I remember someone telling me that it was cause of another reason, but with its absence from the WWoA, I feel like it's definitely either FAA related reasons or maybe a third party operator like TrainChasers suggested.
The lasers have all been moved to The Seas in Epcot - for the sharks.

gerarar

Premium Member
Lasers have definitely been working in Epcot at least as evident by the lasers used in that Harmonius sneak peak video from last week (which was filmed during the various testing over the past months)
But as for any show shown to the public, nada.

Edit: now that I recall, lasers are used on the castle during HEA —especially look at the genie scene and where it flashes “Applause”.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

Lasers have definitely been working in Epcot at least as evident by the lasers used in that Harmonius sneak peak video from last week (which was filmed during the various testing over the past months)
But as for any show shown to the public, nada.
I’m not watching cause I’m trying to keep it spoiler free... were they actually lasers in the harmonious show? Or the moving lights that are mounted on the truss of the lagoon barges?

ChristianG

Edit: now that I recall, lasers are used on the castle during HEA —especially look at the genie scene and where it flashes “Applause”.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the "applause" is normally a projection with the laser text flashed on top of it, so I believe what is currently being shown is just the projection because none of the other castle lasers are operating (i.e. the strobes at the beginning, the spirals during Friend Like Me, etc.)

gerarar

Premium Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the "applause" is normally a projection with the laser text flashed on top of it, so I believe what is currently being shown is just the projection because none of the other castle lasers are operating (i.e. the strobes at the beginning, the spirals during Friend Like Me, etc.)
You are right!
I just figured the laser effect may be on like i thought in this screenshot. The rest of the projections turned off, but the “applause” is still highlighted, so my assumption was that it’s laser.
B99E73D5-8D62-4535-BBAD-5923C4167F4C.png

But this is what it normally looks like, much brighter and “flashier”.
94C06BC9-6C7C-4D1D-B907-45C46F09D677.png

So it it’s just the projection underlay working. RIP lasers.. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom