News The Hall of Presidents opens in August with President Joe Biden

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm curious as to why you think anybody has some kind of obligation to sit through HoP, or any other attraction, if they don't want to. You are quick to angrily name-call and accuse others of being "silly," "weak," or "petty," simply because you can't understand why they find something -- in the case of HoP, a particular version of American history, or even a particular speaker -- unpleasant or not worth their time. Then you extrapolate people's choice of park touring itineraries into a representation of some sort of cataclysmic societal ill.

Candidly, it sounds like you're the one with the fragile trigger. The bulk of us couldn't care less if others want to sit out experiences they don't find fun -- whether that's for a good reason, a bad reason, or no reason at all. Liberty and the pursuit of happiness: that's kind of the point, isn't it?
I absolutely refuse to be in the same room as Rutherford B. Hayes. He knows why.

EeyoreFan#24

Answer - Some have their faces buried and glued to their smartphone ( idiot box ) for breaking gossip. What my family used to call the TV when I was watching it too much of it back in the day.

Listening to the radio into work today, someone was explaining how they couldn’t turn off their phone because there job was so important to people, guess what it was…..sports reporter. Had to “break stories” and told family he had to step away when something happened. It’s sad where we are in that area.

Gran Fiesta

With all of this mask or no mask coming back, has anyone heard a reopening date for the Hall of Presidents? Starting to think "August" means the very end of august since they haven't set a date.

spock8113

Oh, so 1960's. 1964 to be precise and the World's Fair Illinois Pavilion and Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln. The US Tennis Center now sits atop the spot where Lincoln once awed visitors. It is classic original Disney that may one day be replaced by "The Great Presidential Rocket Rollercoaster" where all the cars have presidents names while "zooming" through "history. Kinda like "Disney's America" in Haymarket, Virginia. And we all know what happened there. The people reached THEIR tipping point.

GimpYancIent

Oh, so 1960's. 1964 to be precise and the World's Fair Illinois Pavilion and Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln. The US Tennis Center now sits atop the spot where Lincoln once awed visitors. It is classic original Disney that may one day be replaced by "The Great Presidential Rocket Rollercoaster" where all the cars have presidents names while "zooming" through "history. Kinda like "Disney's America" in Haymarket, Virginia. And we all know what happened there. The people reached THEIR tipping point.
The folks of Haymarket, Virginia were hostile to Disney America because they were afraid of urban sprawl and rapid area development destroying their rural way of live (at that time the area was farm land and woods) plus threatening the Manassas Civil War Battlefield park. Interesting how things evolve the Manassas Civil War Battlefield is still as it was and receiving constant maintenance however the surrounding area to include the town of Haymarket becoming choked with single family homes, townhouses and strip malls. Yep, a decision locals now admit was a mistake and wish they had chosen Disney. I personally know members of the Haymarket town council and they have expressed a poor choice was made.

Tink76

Insults and political posts will be deleted and the user banned from participating in the thread.
It’s been so long that I have visited this pavilion, that I thought they didn’t cast a sitting president. I thought they were cast after they left office.
I guess I need to go back.

owlsandcoffee

It’s been so long that I have visited this pavilion, that I thought they didn’t cast a sitting president. I thought they were cast after they left office.
I guess I need to go back.

I saw Bush in 2004, haha. Although it's hard to remember honestly. Time flies.

Goofyernmost

Probably will be the same, but seems silly they’ll go ad infinitum with the roll call thing…
Why? It is the name of the attraction. It is the heart and soul of the show. If you can name, by memory the sequence of presidential succession then it is probably a useless show for you, however, it is something that many people are not familiar with and this tells the whole story. What they can do away with is the current Presidents speaking part. It got along really well for many years previous without that part and just Lincoln standing and giving a generic speech. It had nothing to do with current politics it was just an emotional depiction of actual patriotism. The current Presidents speaking is what crosses over into current political ideology in the mind.

Kittlesona

With all of this mask or no mask coming back, has anyone heard a reopening date for the Hall of Presidents? Starting to think "August" means the very end of august since they haven't set a date.
I have this same question. I’m going to be there for the next 2 weeks and was hoping to see the new show but that doesn’t look like it will happen.

disneygeek90

Why? It is the name of the attraction. It is the heart and soul of the show. If you can name, by memory the sequence of presidential succession then it is probably a useless show for you, however, it is something that many people are not familiar with and this tells the whole story. What they can do away with is the current Presidents speaking part. It got along really well for many years previous without that part and just Lincoln standing and giving a generic speech. It had nothing to do with current politics it was just an emotional depiction of actual patriotism. The current Presidents speaking is what crosses over into current political ideology in the mind.
Back in high school AP History we had to learn the presidents in order, the years they served, and their party. Was supposed to be helpful for reference clues for questions on the final exam. It was quite a memory flex, but nearly all of that has exited my brain at this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom