News Italy Pavilion's Enoteca Castello at EPCOT repainted

Prototype82

I am sure weathering is yet to come. She'll fade plenty in the Florida sun. I wouldn't mind some subtle facade paints in one of the pavilions that had to be OVERLY Bavarian... lol

dreamfinder

Don't remember where I saw/heard this, but exteriors are usually painted so they will look ideal in a few years time. As PPs have pointed out, allows for Mother Nature to come in and help with the sun and rain to naturally weather it.

Bocabear

Don't remember where I saw/heard this, but exteriors are usually painted so they will look ideal in a few years time. As PPs have pointed out, allows for Mother Nature to come in and help with the sun and rain to naturally weather it.
So, delay your vacation to WDW because the paint is going to look right in a couple years....
That is a ridiculous idea...the paint it supposed to look perfect when the project is complete... not after weathering... Now you can prepare for the end result, but it should never start out looking bad.

cookiee_munster

So, delay your vacation to WDW because the paint is going to look right in a couple years....
That is a ridiculous idea...the paint it supposed to look perfect when the project is complete... not after weathering... Now you can prepare for the end result, but it should never start out looking bad.
It is a bit of a strange concept, painting something, only for it to look "ideal" in a few years time. In the meantime it gets to look like the contrast/saturation level has been whacked upto an 11. Much like barbies dream castle over at Magic Kingdom.

TikibirdLand

Yes, I am sure there is a lot he doesn’t know about.. I just like to make jokes about Bobby. But I like to imagine there could have been a company wide memo from Bobby, “Paint stuff! It’s fast cheap and folks notice!”
This color discussion reminds me of all the shows on HGTV. Oh Karen, that gray clashes with the the robin blue I selected for the entry way. maybe a gray with a touch of lavender will help. And, you have the audience saying, No! that gray is perfect! You have no taste!
:rolleyes:

Disstevefan1

This color discussion reminds me of all the shows on HGTV. Oh Karen, that gray clashes with the the robin blue I selected for the entry way. maybe a gray with a touch of lavender will help. And, you have the audience saying, No! that gray is perfect! You have no taste!
:rolleyes:
I think we saw this actually happen yes? The blue roof color on Cinderella's castle in WDW was repainted a iridescent blue then they repainted it again to a different blue.

Bocabear

I think we saw this actually happen yes? The blue roof color on Cinderella's castle in WDW was repainted a iridescent blue then they repainted it again to a different blue.
And at that time there were those that said they painted it that awful purple-blue color because it would fade in time and then look good...lol
While this building at least they could add some aging detail to it which would help, I don't believe the goal was ever to paint anything horribly garish knowing that in a few years it would look about right.
not to say this is horrible garish...just a bit too dark...and flat next to the other buildings.

The Empress Lilly

I prefer the more rustic look over the new Disney Springs one.

Is WS slated to follow in the footsteps of the MK and DL and get repainted in a brighter, more vivid, more cartoony colour palette? 🎨

GimpYancIent

And at that time there were those that said they painted it that awful purple-blue color because it would fade in time and then look good...lol
While this building at least they could add some aging detail to it which would help, I don't believe the goal was ever to paint anything horribly garish knowing that in a few years it would look about right.
not to say this is horrible garish...just a bit too dark...and flat next to the other buildings.
The natural weathering and aging process hopefully will (since you mention the castle) fade out the pink. As for Italy it looks just fine and will only improve with age just like quality vino.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom