News Walt Disney World holidays 2021

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Disney Tourist Blog lays out some fantastic reasons for why they had no choice but to do an event like this instead of the Christmas parties.

One of the best points he made is that you can't do a Christmas party throughout the 50th celebration. The 50th has it's own firework show so it's just not reasonable to kick people out of the park so frequently before the 50th fireworks happen that night. You can't tell guests to leave early because there's a Christmas party when so many are there for the 50th.
But, on these AH nights they are still offering the 50th fireworks to the day guests, with the holiday fireworks coming later (someone said 8:00 for Enchantment, 10-10:30 for Minnie's Holiday Fireworks or whatever it's called).

cslafferty

But, on these AH nights they are still offering the 50th fireworks to the day guests, with the holiday fireworks coming later (someone said 8:00 for Enchantment, 10-10:30 for Minnie's Holiday Fireworks or whatever it's called).
Right - the point being if they would have MVMCP the way it was, that wouldn’t be happening because those parties started earlier. There were no fireworks for day guests on party days.

drizgirl

Disney Tourist Blog lays out some fantastic reasons for why they had no choice but to do an event like this instead of the Christmas parties.

One of the best points he made is that you can't do a Christmas party throughout the 50th celebration. The 50th has it's own firework show so it's just not reasonable to kick people out of the park so frequently before the 50th fireworks happen that night. You can't tell guests to leave early because there's a Christmas party when so many are there for the 50th.
Somehow Disneyland managed it just fine with Halloween parties during their 60th anniversary.

yensid67

QUOTE: "Notable there is no mention of the Candlelight Processional, fireworks at the Studios, a full holiday parade or the Castle Dreamlights at the Magic Kingdom. The main change from last year is the introduction of an After Hours ticketed event at the Magic Kingdom."

YET ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF TAKING THINGS AWAY FOR GUESTS ENJOYMENT, AND ADDING ANOTHE PAID EVENT! GREEDY LITTLE B******S! I LOVE GOING TO DISNEY BUT THIS GREED IS BULLS**T!

TYOTimer

QUOTE: "Notable there is no mention of the Candlelight Processional, fireworks at the Studios, a full holiday parade or the Castle Dreamlights at the Magic Kingdom. The main change from last year is the introduction of an After Hours ticketed event at the Magic Kingdom."

YET ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF TAKING THINGS AWAY FOR GUESTS ENJOYMENT, AND ADDING ANOTHE PAID EVENT! GREEDY LITTLE B******S! I LOVE GOING TO DISNEY BUT THIS GREED IS BULLS**T!
It isn’t like AH is an add on like a desert party, it’s just a replacement.

The main issue right now with a lot of it is cash flow issues, and staffing.

castlecake2.0

Um there has been a paid Christmas event for years which resulted in no fireworks at all for day guests. This is actually an improvement, giving everyone fireworks everyday plus a second firework show for a separate ticket. Plus this leaves the park open till 9 for everyone where as previously on party nights the park closed at 7 for day guests.

dnice77

Family was going to go for Christmas season for the first time. We are scheduled for 11/28-12/5. Do you think with all the changes it will still be worth it? I was thinking about the party, but from people’s comments seems way over priced. Or would it be better to plan for another year and rose advantage of low crowds In January?

mightynine

The tradition in recent years has been to go the week after Thanksgiving - crowds were pretty light early in the week and you got the holiday decorations and the like.

At least the after hours event won't deny you the chance to see MK fireworks as a Christmas party would.

For this year, we had booked Coronado as it was the cheapest option, but moved to All-Star Music when reservations opened up. I fully expected those to go quickly but everything that opened up resort-wise last week still is showing availability for that week. I'm wondering if projections are showing a slow down after 10/1 - after all, this might be the year people decide to spend the holidays with family after possibly not seeing relatives over Thanksgiving and Christmas in 2020 - or if everyone who wanted that time frame had booked already.

SoFloMagic

I’m assuming candlelight is a combination of not having full restaurant staffing still making it difficult to offer dining packages(multiple epcot restaurants are still closed), not wanting to ship in unvaccinated high school students to perform, and probably also not having all the behind the scenes staff back yet needed to put on the production.
Also they're still distancing performers on stage. Massive choir doesn't appear to match their current protocols. They may wait to see what the fall holds before making a decision.

Dan Deesnee

That's exactly what I was saying. You can't have a Christmas party start at 9:00 but you can have an after-hours event start at that time.

Maybe a naïve question: Why does Disney state the "holiday season" or "holiday activities" return November 12th, but the first After Hours party is November 8th? Do all of the holiday events/decorations/food start on the 12th for the non-MK parks? Or is there something specific that won't be available or on display at MK from the 8th through the 11th? We will be there the 6th - 9th and wondering what we might see without attending the party.

Clamman73

Maybe a naïve question: Why does Disney state the "holiday season" or "holiday activities" return November 12th, but the first After Hours party is November 8th? Do all of the holiday events/decorations/food start on the 12th for the non-MK parks? Or is there something specific that won't be available or on display at MK from the 8th through the 11th? We will be there the 6th - 9th and wondering what we might see without attending the party.
It seems like the 12th is when things will all be in place at the resorts and Springs vs the 8th is specifically for Xmas party.

MorphinePrince

Typically Magic Kingdom transforms from Halloween to Christmas overnight after the last party. I see no reason why this wouldn't be the case this year. Your family should be there in time to see some holiday decor begin to pop up across other parts of the resort leading up to the 12th.

cookiee_munster

It's kind of nuts to see all the Halloween stuff up in the magic kingdom. It's definitely become a lot more intense and things seem to need to go on for longer, but gosh! If I'd have seen that during my last trip in 2001 at the end of August, I'd have the right mind to ask what the bloody hell the park was playing at! Especially since I'd be there on my summer holidays.
But meh, they've gotta make money some way I guess, and you folks go nuts for Halloween! :p

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Disney is planning a return of the Candlelight Processional at EPCOT for the 2021 holiday season​

“For the low price of $259/person, you can see this returning holiday favorite!”

(I know you can see this for free, but Bob will leave no stone unturned, and no wallet unsqueezed, in the name of “unprecedented demand”. Charging for this may as well sky-write “We only want your money” because it would be blatantly clear)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom