News Disney Very Merriest After Hours

Vinnie Mac

I know I sound so horrible and complacent saying this but I'm honestly just REALLY glad that the Christmas fireworks are coming back. I really loved what Disney did with the new Christmas display and it me so happy to see Disney confirm that it was returning this year.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You say that but then Disney went ahead and released more tickets for Boo Bash so who knows how its really going to look compared to a normal DAH.
I think the fact that they didn't announce even cavalcades means there's a chance they will announce that a full parade will be back by then.
I really hope that is the case because I am the person that's there for the attractions not entertainment so the more people waiting to watch a parade the less there in line for a ride.
And has been mentioned, "more tickets" for scheduled nights happened only once. Before that, more *nights* were added.

And there are other reasons why more tickets could have been added other than going over the normal DAH capacity:
  • When the DAH was planned months ago, there was the presumption that pandemic protocols would be in place.
  • People realized it wasn't a Party Night and cancelled.
  • The return of the College Program meant they can open more attractions allowing for more guests.

What the real reasons are, we won't know until we get reports from the first sold out night whether they're over their 'normal' DAH capacity.

And, if they are, I'm cancelling and demanding a refund.

Tom P.

I know I sound so horrible and complacent saying this but I'm honestly just REALLY glad that the Christmas fireworks are coming back. I really loved what Disney did with the new Christmas display and it me so happy to see Disney confirm that it was returning this year.
You do not sound horrible and complacent for saying that. I agree with you. Just because there are some very vocal people around here who trash anything and everything Disney does does not make it horrible for you to like something.

TTA94

Having just Wonderful Christmastime back will be awesome compared to last year. It was So sad just having the projections and small bursts of pyro.

sup

Sweet. sweet day as I collected my 50 bucks for betting a fellow friend and Disney lover that Chapek would ruin Christmas too. Took away Holiday Celebration, gave you after hours, half the entertainment and double the money...Sounds like Halloween to me. If you want a quick buck take bets against Chapek taking care of Disney. You will come up a winner..... I love it.

Hawg G

With fireworks added, AND something folks seemed to have missed. There are NO CAVALCADES, it says characters throughout the park. If that means Christmas outfit M&Gs, that’s huge.

I’m hoping that becomes something for Boo Bash too, but not holding my death.

With those additions, tickets will easily be $20 more, since they aren’t having trouble selling Boo Bash tickets.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
With fireworks added, AND something folks seemed to have missed. There are NO CAVALCADES, it says characters throughout the park. If that means Christmas outfit M&Gs, that’s huge.

I’m hoping that becomes something for Boo Bash too, but not holding my death.

With those additions, tickets will easily be $20 more, since they aren’t having trouble selling Boo Bash tickets.

Yeah my thought was perhaps M&G's will be back which would be a win win for those who enjoy the characters and those who enjoy shorter lines for rides.
I also think that its possible they'll announce a parade.

Parker in NYC

You say that but then Disney went ahead and released more tickets for Boo Bash so who knows how its really going to look compared to a normal DAH.
I think the fact that they didn't announce even cavalcades means there's a chance they will announce that a full parade will be back by then.
I really hope that is the case because I am the person that's there for the attractions not entertainment so the more people waiting to watch a parade the less there in line for a ride.

Unfortunately, even if it’s obvious to anyone with a pulse that the crowds ARE larger at the holiday after hours events as compared to prior “legacy” after hours, there will be gaslighting and bogus charts/statistics here to prove otherwise.

FigmentForever96

Didn't anyone learn their lessons? Or rather, did someone pay close attention in history class and all is going according to plan? HHhhmmm?
It’s not like they have to care. People are coming in droves and lining up to buy these parties. Higher prices, less entertainment, yet still plenty of demand. Outside of parades, I’d be shocked if the holiday lights ever return under the banner of “Due to high guest demand” projections are staying.

dreamfinder

It’s not like they have to care. People are coming in droves and lining up to buy these parties. Higher prices, less entertainment, yet still plenty of demand. Outside of parades, I’d be shocked if the holiday lights ever return under the banner of “Due to high guest demand” projections are staying.

Which would point to someone paying attention to what happened to Spectro. Not do parades, end up with just a minor drop in guest satisfaction since people are just happy to be in the parks, and then when next year rolls around, "Oops, floats are ruined, but look, surveys showed people were still happy last year".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom