News Disney Very Merriest After Hours

jrhwdw

I haven’t seen any Equity auditions posted for this show, so I wouldn’t anticipate any live singing, but I’d be happy to be proven wrong.
There are Dancers I hope!!! Just me but MK prob has all the Music Files from the past Shows so No Live Voices might not be so bad.

mm52200

I haven’t seen any Equity auditions posted for this show, so I wouldn’t anticipate any live singing, but I’d be happy to be proven wrong.
Auditions being posted publicly or not doesn’t mean anything these days. They have a lengthy list of laid off equity they can go email and invite to come in person or submit online.

Disstevefan1

Do you have a cite from Disney that they were never coming back?
I have no knowledge either way. Gone forever seems like a thing disney will do.
Remember the lights of Winter in EPCOT?
Much simpler than Osborne or the Castle also gone forever.

Creating Joy only costs money and does not make money, therefore it is removed forever.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The D-Lights went from Cinderella themed to Frozen themed.

And Frozen's still very very very popular.

Once the gold ribbons, swags, and medallions come off the castle in a year and a half from now. I can certainly see a Frozen lighting coming back due to its popularity.

Whether they use the D-Lights or the high powered laser projectors for the effect has yet to be seen. With the exception of the cranes (which stopped being an issue once they decided to put them on and off at night), it seemed it was a very well-received crowd pleaser and, surprisingly, didn't really affect the projections from HEA.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't know. Frozen is 10 years old at this point. Not sure how popular it is these days.
Frozen 2 is only the 2 years old and is the second-highest grossing animated film of all time.

And a Frozen series is premiering on D+ on Nov 12th.

Frozen or Frozen 2 occasionally keeps popping up on Nielsen's top-ten streamed movies for the week.

Now, Moana almost always makes the list... for the past year.

Just need to figure out a Moana castle Christmas show...

cslafferty

It would be cool if they could install little LED lights (similar to Spaceship Earth) throughout the bricks of the castle that could make the castle look like it’s “sparkling” at night. Then they wouldn’t have the crane installation issue every year, but would still have light effects instead of projections. I think they’re overusing the whole projection thing, IMO.

TTA94

It would be cool if they could install little LED lights (similar to Spaceship Earth) throughout the bricks of the castle that could make the castle look like it’s “sparkling” at night. Then they wouldn’t have the crane installation issue every year, but would still have light effects instead of projections. I think they’re overusing the whole projection thing, IMO.

Might involve a extensive overhaul of the castle to make that happen, but id be all for it!

JoeCamel

Makes it pretty hard to paint the castle. SSE doesn't get painted

Squishy

The castle does have a few tiny lights that would create a sparkling effect or at least it used to. Was most noticeable in Wishes.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
According to the calendar, the first date to sell out is November 9th -

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 10.16.31 AM.png

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Good! TDO just needs deliver on the show now!

Although I'm surprised the 2nd night sold out first, before the first night??? Or is it the last night of MVMCP that always sells out first?
The first night of Very Merry (usually a Friday) was always the first to sell out in years past. A lot of locals went.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom