'it's a small world' Refurbishment July 27-29

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
But the display already includes Irish children (if that’s how we’re supposed to interpret the dolls—I guess I never really saw them as kids before). The leprechauns are additional place-making characters, not much different from the animals that feature throughout the attraction.
I stand corrected. I rechecked and there are indeed Irish children Irish stepdancing.

And yeah, they are supposed to be the children of the world. Which makes the Can Can dancers and the ones in military garb a bit icky.

Some light NSFW language...

LittleBuford

I stand corrected. I rechecked and there are indeed Irish children Irish stepdancing.

And yeah, they are supposed to be the children of the world. Which makes the Can Can dancers and the ones in military garb a bit icky.

Some light NSFW language...

Thanks for that—I really enjoyed it!

I supposed I knew they’re supposed to represent children (for one thing, I’ve seen the programme being parodied in the clip you shared), but I tend to see them as ageless dolls—otherwise, as you say, some of them become a little icky.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Reopened today with some colorful changes -

2021-wdw-magic-kingdom-fantasyland-small-world-clock-repainted1-1536x819.jpeg

JustInTime

Are we sure they won't? It's a pretty simple area to work on while the park is closed that doesn't really require scaffolding or anything.
I’m not 100% sure. But the ride went down for refurbishment and this was done during that time. Seems odd if they were planning to do it all why they would do in sections. But I’m hoping they do!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom