Boardwalk sign missing many a light.

Joesixtoe

Original Poster
I always notice these lights and the lack of them being replaced, most noticeable being the Grand Floridan. After spending the night at one of the Epcot resorts, I couldn't help but notice the abundance of bulbs needing to be replaced on the boardwalk sign. I just think multiple burnt out bulbs just kinda brings down the look and feel of the theme, as well as a lack of desire to make things look nice. To far in my thinking? Yeah.

Mark48

This " Bulb " situation has been bugging me for years. Whenever I was at the Poly I would Look
at the GF at night and just shake my head. "Flagship " resort at dusk takes on the look of a
Travelling carnival with defective string lights. The lack of respect shown by Disney to property
they own says a lot about where their values are ( Latest example being Typhoon Lagoon ).
Seems trivial at first but if you can't , or refuse , to replace a simple bulb you have long term
serious issues that are going to come back to haunt you.

monothingie

I ❤️ Bob
Premium Member
Grand Floridian Bulbs Right now….
Meme Shock GIF by Evan Klar

Joesixtoe

Original Poster
This " Bulb " situation has been bugging me for years. Whenever I was at the Poly I would Look
at the GF at night and just shake my head. "Flagship " resort at dusk takes on the look of a
Travelling carnival with defective string lights. The lack of respect shown by Disney to property
they own says a lot about where their values are ( Latest example being Typhoon Lagoon ).
Seems trivial at first but if you can't , or refuse , to replace a simple bulb you have long term
serious issues that are going to come back to haunt you.
I'm glad I'm not alone in my bulb world. Cause I look at those all the time in hopes they changed them. I did leave a Google review after staying at the Grand Floridan for one night and everything was awesome but I did mention the bulbs lol.. I can't help it...

castlecake2.0

I always notice these lights and the lack of them being replaced, most noticeable being the Grand Floridan. After spending the night at one of the Epcot resorts, I couldn't help but notice the abundance of bulbs needing to be replaced on the boardwalk sign. I just think multiple burnt out bulbs just kinda brings down the look and feel of the theme, as well as a lack of desire to make things look nice. To far in my thinking? Yeah.
Guest.services@disneyworld.com

copy and paste this to them. If guests don’t speak up then Disney will keep getting away with it. Yea, you’ll get the typical “thank you for your feedback” response from guest relations, but they DO send the email to the leadership team of the area. I’m actually in the middle of drafting an email to them about my subpar epcot day. Include specifics if you can (date, location etc).

DisDadWoz

While we were there in April there was a small crew going up and down the Boardwalk replacing bulbs that hang along the water. It looked great by the way. I would think the same crew would be doing the Boardwalk sign as well.

Club Cooloholic

Atlantic Dance Hall was missing a whole letter last trip...

Smiley/OCD

This too, always drives me crazy...not in the resorts, but on iasw, the last scene in the "white" room...the roller coaster has had half its light out for 2 years now...I'm hoping with the newly announced referb that will get addressed, but WHY should it even have taken this long??? More like Six Flags EVERY DAY...

Joesixtoe

Original Poster

copy and paste this to them. If guests don’t speak up then Disney will keep getting away with it. Yea, you’ll get the typical “thank you for your feedback” response from guest relations, but they DO send the email to the leadership team of the area. I’m actually in the middle of drafting an email to them about my subpar epcot day. Include specifics if you can (date, location etc).
Thank you, I will do that.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru

Thats a little overdramatic, dont you think.

Joesixtoe

Original Poster
This too, always drives me crazy...not in the resorts, but on iasw, the last scene in the "white" room...the roller coaster has had half its light out for 2 years now...I'm hoping with the newly announced referb that will get addressed, but WHY should it even have taken this long??? More like Six Flags EVERY DAY...
Ive notice them too lol...It's little bulbs on a scene that doesn't seem to hard to reach, why not replace it? These small details make a big difference.

castlecake2.0

No don’t think so, if it’s important enough to someone to bring up on a discussion board, then why not send it to someone that could make a difference? Not in a “Disney is going to hell in a hand basket” way, but in a “hey I just recently stayed at one of your resorts and wanted to leave some feedback” way.

Michaelson

Sometimes it's the 'can't see the forest for the trees' situation. They may be so consumed by making sure everything mechanically works, simple things like burned out bulbs just don't register! They forget it's the little things that get seen first. An occasional 'nudge' from the customer usually sets things right again, as they could very well see ALL of them, and it just doesn't 'click' in their heads it's absolutely noticed!

Regards! Michaelson

SteveAZee

Sometimes it's the 'can't see the forest for the trees' situation. They may be so consumed by making sure everything mechanically works, simple things like burned out bulbs just don't register! They forget it's the little things that get seen first. An occasional 'nudge' from the customer usually sets things right again, as they could very well see ALL of them, and it just doesn't 'click' in their heads it's absolutely noticed!

Regards! Michaelson
It's probably easier to justify the time and expense, internally, if a complaint comes from a guest rather than a cast member.

castlecake2.0

Regards! Michaelson
Totally agree, especially right now I know they have a lot going on, but a little “hey I noticed this” email never hurts! Like I said It doesn’t have to be rude, just want to pass on feedback

JIMINYCR

I believe Disneys pay scale for someone who changes lightbulbs out would run around $13 an hour. Getting set up with ladders and a crew is timely. Maybe the issue is justifying the pay out to personnel to screw in some lightbulbs when they would get more out of them for doing something more valuable.

The Colonel

I had a mad problem with the Yacht Club Lighthouse not being lit for months. I wrote letters and and made phone calls and was told the spinning mechanism was broken. Eventually it was relit. I don't know if it was my pestering, but I'm thinking without complaints, they may never have fixed it.

Now I notice many many bulbs on the lighthouse, Yacht Club, Beach Club, and Boardwalk need replacing. It's indicative of how the place is run now. Maybe we'll see a press release about the replacing of the bulbs for the 50th.

castlecake2.0

I had a mad problem with the Yacht Club Lighthouse not being lit for months. I wrote letters and and made phone calls and was told the spinning mechanism was broken. Eventually it was relit. I don't know if it was my pestering, but I'm thinking without complaints, they may never have fixed it.

Now I notice many many bulbs on the lighthouse, Yacht Club, Beach Club, and Boardwalk need replacing. It's indicative of how the place is run now. Maybe we'll see a press release about the replacing of the bulbs for the 50t
I’ve wrote to them about some specific things over the years that have been fixed, some things so random I don’t think it’s coincidence that it’s fixed. I just wish more people would write to Disney about the things they comment on here about. I think people get discouraged by the generic responses they get and dont realize that the feedback does get passed on to the department responsible. We shouldn’t have to keep them accountable, but chapek era it seems needed.

Smiley/OCD

No, it's not really overdramatic, because in many ways, Disney has been lowering their standards. No one comments or complains, and they consider it a free pass to lower the bar. I LOVE Disney and have been accused of being a snowflake on these boards on more than one occasion...point being, from our last 2 visits over the past year, those high standards have taken a nosedive. You can blame it on the closure during COVID, but WDW has been open for a year now...there's no excuse for the aesthetic downturn as of late. I live about 20 minutes from Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, NJ...Sometimes (not all) when I've visited WDW, I wonder if I'm at a SF park. Six Flags isn't getting better, Disney is getting worse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom