American Adventure Breaks Down on 4th of July

Nerdman3000

Original Poster
Was just on American Adventure for 4th of July and it broke down, leading the show to end early.

Was watching American Adventure today for 4th of July, and I started at first noticing that a few of the animatronic show pieces on stage earlier in the show seemed oddly really slow in rising on the stage, which made me start feeling like/clued me in something was going wrong with the system that causes the set peices to rise on stage. Then in the WW2 section, the animatronic show pieces didn’t even rise at all and they shut down the show entirely and we had to leave.

I was honestly pretty quick to tape the whole thing, all things considered. Too bad we didn’t get to watch the Golden Dreams section, the best part of the show.

Anyways, happy 4th of July everyone!

UNCgolf

Seriously?? I’d rather just see it closed in the state that it’s in now.

We had a discussion about this in another thread -- I think @peter11435 brought it up. It's absolutely embarrassing to Disney and insulting to guests that they have it open in this state.

If they can't get things fixed at night for whatever reason, then it needs to be closed until they can get the show quality back to where it should be. Running it like this is completely unacceptable.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Yup. Labor Day weekend he kinda moved his rope a little. Not in a circle. Just kind of jiggled back and forth a bit. Two weeks later, no movement at all. Lots of other stuff wrong, too. Truly shameful.
Yup I reported that same sort of incident with him back in May. I also reported the girl that ascends not there, and the curtains behind the statues not rising.

After watching today, not only was he just an awkward statue... but 90% of the other animatronics are extremely jiggly... very robotic. I know that’s odd to say for an animatronic show, but these figures are typically very lifelike so I thought The whole show felt off today.

peter11435

Yup I reported that same sort of incident with him back in May. I also reported the girl that ascends not there, and the curtains behind the statues not rising.

After watching today, not only was he just an awkward statue... but 90% of the other animatronics are extremely jiggly... very robotic. I know that’s odd to say for an animatronic show, but these figures are typically very lifelike so I thought The whole show felt off today.
Was the spirit curtain still broken yesterday?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom